• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VI at Rosedale on Robson questions.

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Got an exchange May 27 to June 3 2023 at this Vancouver City resort for a 1 bedroom unit and have a few questions. Yes, I can contact the resort but wanted Tuggers info as well.
- Are the VI units on the top floors of this hotel/resort? I have seen this stated in July 2014 and August 2012 TUG reviews for it (non owners) but wanted more recent confirmation from someone who owns there or knows.
- Since this isn't in high season yet, are there any notable places off the top of your head that would not be open yet?

Chrispee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can’t answer your resort questions, but can say that the end of may is already fairly high season in Vancouver. I’m not sure what attractions specifically you’re looking at visiting but everything should be running.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Thanks Chris.

clipper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there were 3 or 4 upper floors that were allocated to timeshares. We were there in June 2021. We were lucky that the weather was so nice that week. Yes, everything is pretty much open by that time. It's the rain that may prevent you from enjoying the parks and other outdoor activities but spring showers normally don't last the whole day, unlike in the fall.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I did a little research on the Rosedale on Robson for an upcoming stay. The 1 bed unit that I viewed at VI looks small but decent. The parking looks safe enough. Here are some pictures from VI.

Bill

1657679464924.png

1657679492958.png

1657679533965.png

1657679571131.png

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
We’ve stayed a couple times. Windowless living area is odd. Wall of windows in the bedroom brings in lots of light. Marketing folks would call the dining, kitchen and sitting area “efficient”. We called it tiny. Was ok for what we needed.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
We’ve stayed a couple times. Windowless living area is odd. .....

Yeah, that does some odd. You'd think the dining/living room would be where you'd want the windows.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve stayed a couple times. Windowless living area is odd. Wall of windows in the bedroom brings in lots of light. Marketing folks would call the dining, kitchen and sitting area “efficient”. We called it tiny. Was ok for what we needed.
I stayed once and remembered there was something 'odd' about the Living area (and where I slept) -- it was the lack of windows.

We did 'relocate' table and chairs to bedroom by window.

Overall though, nice enough place as base for sightseeing.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Most things will be open in Vancouver. If you were to do stuff on the Island or go outside of Vancouver you may get seasonal closures at restaurants, but in May pretty much everything will be open so I would not worry about it.

This isn’t like the Maritimes where things may not up until June. Heck, even some of the hotels in Vancouver operate their outdoor pools year-round.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Here is a view from a VI unit picture some one posted at fb at the VI FB page.

Bill

1658291818668.png

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I worked in Vancouver for a short stint several years ago. Stanley Park is wonderful to visit. Take a trip up to Whistler. The views up on the mountain are incredible. The lower mountain is used for mountain biking. Even the drive provides some beautiful scenery. Also take a trip, via ferry, to see Butchart Gardens. You'll be able to spend the entire day there.

clipper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This was the view from our bedrooom. It is the Vanvouver Main Public Library.
20210622_133144t.jpg

There is a rooftop garden on top of the library
IMG-20210621-WA0003.jpg

One fun thing we did was to walk down to False Creek and take the water taxi to Granville Island (like a farmer's market).There are 2 companies that do it. We don't have a preference.
1658428092830.png

1658428253224.png

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
I worked in Vancouver for a short stint several years ago. Stanley Park is wonderful to visit. Take a trip up to Whistler. The views up on the mountain are incredible. The lower mountain is used for mountain biking. Even the drive provides some beautiful scenery. Also take a trip, via ferry, to see Butchart Gardens. You'll be able to spend the entire day there

Yes, Stanley Park is on my list of things to do. I'm also looking at doing the Sea to Sky Gondola (along highway 99). Thanks for the info on Whistler. Will also be doing some hiking hopefully. Been to Vancouver Island twice and and did spend an entire day at Butchart Gardens which was great.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
This was the view from our bedrooom. It is the Vanvouver Main Public Library.
Yeah, that looks pretty neat for a downtown city library. Wife does a lot of reading so that would be a neat place for her to visit.

One fun thing we did was to walk down to False Creek and take the water taxi to Granville Island (like a farmer's market).There are 2 companies that do it. We don't have a preference.

I was looking at that. Looks like maybe a 12 minute walk from Rosedale on Robson. Down Hamilton to Mainland st then down Davies to False Creek. Google maps gave me some weird route for that across the Cambie bridge until I told it the route I wanted to use.

ValHam

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you like p riding - can rent bikes everywhere - it can rain all week or it can be sunshine all week I have a condo on the water near Rosedale on Robson - everything is open - water taxi - everything. You can walk to Coal Harbour - downtown - Olympic Village or bike everywhere. Stanley Park is awesome. I love May in Vancouver. Not too hot - just right for sightseeing our gorgeous city.

ValHam

TUG Member
Reaction score
It only takes around 5 or 10 minutes to get to the best area of Yaletown. Marinaside - The restaurant Provence on the corner is wonderful.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Thanks for the info ValHam.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just have to comment as to how very similar those pictures are to Peacock Suites in Anaheim. The tiny kitchenette has a dishwasher at the VI but the cabinets are the same ones, same handles, the living room was very dejavu for me, as well as the bedroom and the bedding and the colors of everything. There is no window in many of the bedrooms at Peacock Suites, which is okay because it's very quiet in the bedroom, and it's on a pretty busy street.