• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Very confusing Cypress Palms Orlando ? for Madge

riu girl

Reaction score
I will try and be as clear as possible:

On RCI extra vacations for the Fairfield Cypress Palms Orlando resort, 4 different one bedroom configurations appear:

1 bedroom 4/2 Full kitchen
1 bedroom 4/4 partial kitchen
1 bedroom 4/2 partial kitchen
1 bedroom 4/4 full kitchen

I have stayed at this resort last year and toured it. There are in fact only 2 different 1 bedroom configurations:
1 bedroom 4/2 partial kitchen - approx 550 sq. ft. with no jacuzzi or screened in porch, does offer a fridge , stove, laundry etc but very compact

1 bedroom 4/4 full kitchen - approx 800+ sq. ft with in room jacuzzi and screened in porch, full kitchen, laundry, very spacious

I called the reservations staff at the resort today and confirmed that there are only 2 different one bedroom configurations (the smaller called the one bedroom suite and the larger called the one bedroom deluxe). I was told that if I booked a one bedroom full kitchen regardless of 4/2 vs. 4/4 component I will receive the larger (deluxe) one bedroom unit (that includes the jacuzzi as well as the screened in porch). This is the unit I stayed in last year and at that time RCI referred to it as 1 bedroom 4/4 full kitchen.

I am now considering booking another 1 bedroom unit at this resort but for my check-in date only the following appears:
1 bedroom 4/2 full kitchen.
I spoke to getaway weeks (RCI) today and the guide told me that the resort must offer more then 2 types of one bedrooms. I told her that no there are only two types available, asked nicely to talk to a supervisor or someone in head office since this looks like a data inputing error of some sort. My request was denied.

My ?: If I booked this unit, would I in fact be put into the 1 bedroom 4/4 full kitchen or would I be put into the MUCH smaller 1 bedroom 4/2 partial kitchen unit.

As I stated previously, I have spoken to the resort 3 times today and have been assured that as long as it says full kitchen I will get the 4/4 1 bedroom unit. Also, I have examined floor plans on the FF yahoo group and only 2 (not 4) 1 bedroom figurations appear being the 1 bedroom 4/2 partial kitchen and the
1 bedroom 4/4 full kitchen configurations.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated since I don't want to take the chance of booking the current available unit ( 1 bedroom 4/2, full kitchen) and ending up with the smaller one bedroom unit 4/2 partial kitchen.
Thank you

Last edited:

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
riu girl,

I'm sorry to hear that your request to speak with a supervisor was denied. This is totally against RCI's policy. If you ever feel you need to speak with a supervisor, please insist.

If you will send your question about the unit configuration to feedback@rci.com with TUG in the subject line, the Communications Team can check into it for you. They will also be in a better position to have any incorrect information updated in our mainframe database system. Sorry about the confusion.

riu girl

Reaction score
Madge,
Thank you for the info.
I have sent an email to rci feedback and hope to hear some info. soon.

I am just concerned since I really want this particular unit/date and hope it will still be available once the unit configuration is corrected.

Thanks again for the info. Have a great evening.