• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Verifying PIC week? Wyndham Owner Update

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I am currently at Wyndham Skyview and had some time to kill so I sat through an owner update. Most of the update would be recognizable by those who have been around here for any length of time.

One of the sales reps continually wanted to verify my PIC contracts - what are they doing (accomplishing) by this action other than to serve as another wedge to apply to my pocket book?

Among the claims made was Wyndham might change the levels (points) required for Gold status and as part of that effort, may terminate the right to PIC a week into the Wyndham system. In that case, the points we get as a result of that PIC would no longer count toward gold level status.

With that in mind, the sales weasels kept asking to verify my week - what does this verification mean?

Thanks.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
They are looking for anything they can use to feed you lies and misinformation to get you to buy. Tell them you already know that your account is fine and there is no need for them to waste their time and yours.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
AND that is WHY owners should never do an "UPDATE" .... your goal is to kill some time and earn some dollars.

The sales staff's goal is to DREAM UP ways to "GET YOUR MONEY". Hook, crook, tales, lies, threats .... avoid this waste of YOUR vacatipn time. Window shopping is way more enjoyable and is THOUSANDs of DOLLARS cheaper.

Even a lobster dinner is cheaper ..

BillyBob444

Reaction score
AND that is WHY owners should never do an "UPDATE" .... your goal is to kill some time and earn some dollars.

The sales staff's goal is to DREAM UP ways to "GET YOUR MONEY". Hook, crook, tales, lies, threats .... avoid this waste of YOUR vacatipn time. Window shopping is way more enjoyable and is THOUSANDs of DOLLARS cheaper.

Even a lobster dinner is cheaper ..

[Deleted: This forum is rated G - OK?]

Last edited by a moderator:

patwerner1

Reaction score
It was about 5 years ago that we were also told that 'At some time Wyndham will not use the PIC and you will no longer be Gold' I replied that I will worry about that when it happens. If I lose my gold status I will manage.

Side note - last year my other half was diagnosed with cancer (doing fine in treatment so far). We did attend an update and noted that we were not using ANY money at all until we know what we will need. I know you will all believe the later interaction. The sales lady - in front of my husband - looked at me and asked 'so do you know what you will be doing with the points when he is not here' Seriously - I wanted to deck her!! But nothing these folks surprises me - yes I typically do NOT attend these but the weird part of my brain wanted to see how they would react to the diagnosis.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Sorry to hear about your husband Pat but I hope all is going as well as it can now.

Your response on the possible loss of PIC and gold status was pretty much what I said as well. I have a hard time believing Wyndham could unilaterally take something away that I have to pay for each month but then again who knows.

PIC has been helpful to us but even if we lost it we could still manage.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
  • [QUOTE="patwerner1, post: 2120889, member: 49404" Side note - last year my other half was diagnosed with cancer (doing fine in treatment so far). We did attend an update and noted that we were not using ANY money at all until we know what we will need. I know you will all believe the later interaction. The sales lady - in front of my husband - looked at me and asked 'so do you know what you will be doing with the points when he is not here' Seriously - I wanted to deck her!! But nothing these folks surprises me - yes I typically do NOT attend these but the weird part of my brain wanted to see how they would react to the diagnosis.[/QUOTE] .
  • Wow that is really low! I don't know how you managed not to go off on her for being so insensitive and ignorant to say something like that. Glad the treatment is going well for your husband.

• About five years ago we were at Bonnet Creek and went to an update. The sales manager, both a mother and grandmother, swore on her children's lives she that what she was telling us was going to happen and true. We were horrified and upset. A mother who would knowingly lie while swearing on her children's lives, well that is not just low, it is evil. OP have made remarks about the sales people selling their souls and that day we actually felt like we were in the presence of someone who had done that. I know it sounds corny but we were really creeped out. We quit going to the updates after that.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
What kind of money do these sales folks make on average annually that they behave like this? I mean is there really not another job out there for them?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
What kind of money do these sales folks make on average annually that they behave like this? I mean is there really not another job out there for them?

They can make very good money if they get sales! If you look back through the threads about the former saleswoman who sued them and won, she made $300-$400k a year. From what I understand they get a salary during their training period but after that they are on commission. They get a couple of bad months where they don't meet their quotas and they are gone. If someone is looking for a deal the best time to do it is the last part of the month when they need to make their numbers. But the sales have to be final, the recession period ended, for it to count towards their numbers for the month. The sales managers will help them get sales, okay better deals, as they want their people to meet the numbers because they have numbers to meet too.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
They can make very good money if they get sales! If you look back through the threads about the former saleswoman who sued them and won, she made $300-$400k a year. From what I understand they get a salary during their training period but after that they are on commission. They get a couple of bad months where they don't meet their quotas and they are gone. If someone is looking for a deal the best time to do it is the last part of the month when they need to make their numbers. But the sales have to be final, the recession period ended, for it to count towards their numbers for the month. The sales managers will help them get sales, okay better deals, as they want their people to meet the numbers because they have numbers to meet too.

$300-400k? Wow! That can’t be the average. They are selling their souls for that.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
$300-400k? Wow! That can’t be the average. They are selling their souls for that.

The lawsuit was filed in 2010 and reached a verdict on November 17, 2016. The $18.6M settlement for the punitive damages was reduced to $12.8M in March 2017. Google former saleswoman sues Wyndham if you can't find the thread. Read about what she and other Wyndham sales people and a manager testified to about the sales practices. It is eye opening.

I doubt it is the average but I would guess that if they aren't making at least $100k they aren't meeting their quotas and are let go.

You are still fairly new to TUG so are just now realizing what many people have said about the salespeople having to be willing to sell their souls to work for Wyndham. If these people lose their jobs they aren't likely to ever find another job that will pay as much and like most people have gotten used to a standard of living commensurate with their income. So yes they will do what they feel they have to in order to keep themselves and their families in the style they have become accustomed to.

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
The lawsuit was filed in 2010 and reached a verdict on November 17, 2016. The $18.6M settlement for the punitive damages was reduced to $12.8M in March 2017. Google former saleswoman sues Wyndham if you can't find the thread. Read about what she and other Wyndham sales people and a manager testified to about the sales practices. It is eye opening.

I doubt it is the average but I would guess that if they aren't making at least $100k they aren't meeting their quotas and are let go.

You are still fairly new to TUG so are just now realizing what many people have said about the salespeople having to be willing to sell their souls to work for Wyndham. If these people lose their jobs they aren't likely to ever find another job that will pay as much and like most people have gotten used to a standard of living commensurate with their income. So yes they will do what they feel they have to in order to keep themselves and their families in the style they have become accustomed to.

Lol. I’m well aware of the practices that go on in sales meetings which is why my ownerships are both resale units. I just didn’t realize these folks could make that much money. Either way, the career is not a sustainable one. I can’t see anyone selling timeshares into retirement. Also what a horrible way to try to pay the mortgage. For sure not for me.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Lol. I’m well aware of the practices that go on in sales meetings which is why my ownerships are both resale units. I just didn’t realize these folks could make that much money. Either way, the career is not a sustainable one. I can’t see anyone selling timeshares into retirement. Also what a horrible way to try to pay the mortgage. For sure not for me.
Amen .We are now at the Days Inn here in Pensacola, close to the beach for $55. Red roof family and friends $100 since it is Saturday night. Back to Howard Johnson in Dothan for doctor appointment, hair dresser and Counseling $35. Then to PC and just wait to see sales again for 20k mor WR. Love it and say NO,NO,NO, unless you want up for fraud with LifeLock .

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

I had a woman cabbie in Vegas, when I told her the drop off place she said she used to sell timeshares, made about $150k a year. Driving cab was less stress, she burned out of working for the devil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Arimaas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a woman cabbie in Vegas, when I told her the drop off place she said she used to sell timeshares, made about $150k a year. Driving cab was less stress, she burned out of working for the devil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
$15o is more then a decent living. But gotta be a tough job like you said, selling soul to the devil.