• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vegas Chateau - What's the current Tour Bribe

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Visiting in November, and trying to decide if I need to set aside a morning to take the tour.
Anyone know what the current bribe is?

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was in Vegas a few weeks ago I just stopped by to see a room. I was told if I wanted to arrange a tour directly through them and since I wasn't staying on property I could get 15,000 points and show tickets.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
It's 15,000 points or show tickets, not both. I had to sign a document making a choice.

Dave, I seem to recall from some of your previous posts that you own at Grand Chateau - right? If so, were asked/able to attend a presentation?

We'll be there in November also. Not interested in buying there, but interested in getting updates, and especially how they "work around" the new MR devaluation come January.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, I own there. Owners can sign up for a presentation. I went to the concierge desk on the lobby level and signed up.

Mine was one of the most straight-arrow, no-hype presentations I can imagine. Everything the salesperson said was factual, except for a few issues that he stated he wasn't sure about (generally the same possible future Marriott changes that we aren't sure about here at TUG). No pressure to buy. He didn't even ask if I wanted to buy. At the end, he said, "If you are ever interested in adding to your Marriott weeks, call me." And I would, because I was tremendously impressed with his professionalism.

susanmmm

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be fore warned!

Just got back from Grand Chateau. We took the "90" minute presentation and left at 105 minutes still not seeing the villa nor completing the tour. They had a variety of show/show-dinner combinations or the 15,000 point. The rep who booked us emailed us the list of options. If you decide to participate I would recommend that you inform the sales rep at the beginning of the presentation that you have to leave at a specific time. At the rate our rep was going we would have been there for at least three hours. Good luck and Viva Las Vegas!

Visiting in November, and trying to decide if I need to set aside a morning to take the tour.
Anyone know what the current bribe is?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Yes, I own there. Owners can sign up for a presentation. I went to the concierge desk on the lobby level and signed up.

Mine was one of the most straight-arrow, no-hype presentations I can imagine. Everything the salesperson said was factual, except for a few issues that he stated he wasn't sure about (generally the same possible future Marriott changes that we aren't sure about here at TUG). No pressure to buy. He didn't even ask if I wanted to buy. At the end, he said, "If you are ever interested in adding to your Marriott weeks, call me." And I would, because I was tremendously impressed with his professionalism.

Just got back from Grand Chateau. We took the "90" minute presentation and left at 105 minutes still not seeing the villa nor completing the tour. They had a variety of show/show-dinner combinations or the 15,000 point. The rep who booked us emailed us the list of options. If you decide to participate I would recommend that you inform the sales rep at the beginning of the presentation that you have to leave at a specific time. At the rate our rep was going we would have been there for at least three hours. Good luck and Viva Las Vegas!

Obviously, as with almost any timeshare tour, your milage will vary depending upon the rep you are assigned too.

We have yet to have a high pressure sales presentation from Marriott but, I have heard some stuff being slung by other reps on the floor within earshot of where we were sitting.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)

We had the same thing happen last year at SurfWatch. We had told the sales rep at the outset that my husband had a tee time and that we could not stay any longer than the promised 90-minutes. Well about 10 minutes prior to that she was still going strong and I reminded her of our timeframe. She said she couldn't possibly finish in 10 minutes but agreed to e-mail us some information about a possible trade up. I had told her numerous times we didn't think that the points packages were a strong incentive for us to buy, but she persisted and wasted a lot of her time on that. We never did get anything from her via e-mail.:shrug:

susanmmm

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The shows that were offered to me were:
Jubilee
George Wallace
Improv at Harrah's
Laugh Out Loud with Scintas
Lance Burton
World Famous Popovich Comedy Pet Theater
Phantom of the Opera
V
Rat Pack
Platters/Coasters/Marvelettes

Have fun deciding!

What show tickets did they offer?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The shows that were offered to me were:
Jubilee
George Wallace
Improv at Harrah's
Laugh Out Loud with Scintas
Lance Burton
World Famous Popovich Comedy Pet Theater
Phantom of the Opera
V
Rat Pack
Platters/Coasters/Marvelettes

Have fun deciding!

Unless things have changed, the Lance Burton tickets are balcony tickets. We did that once. The view was not so great and we had trouble seeing some of the tricks. IMO, balcony tickets for Lance's show aren't worth the 90 minute presentation.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
So no tour for me

That is pretty low points/bribe.
Think I will pass on this one.

As far as I can tell those are all shows that you can get tickets at Half Price, so the bribe is about $50.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went last year and one of the choices was a combo package of lunch at the Venetian, an outdoor gondola ride, and the wax museum. We got out of the presentation very quickly because it was obvious to the salesman that our inexpensively purchased timeshare got us to Las Vegas and we were willing to take a non-Marriott in exchange so we were not going to buy that day.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Curious...

I'm curious about this resort. I've just begun reading about Marriott again and it's new to me. How old is it and was it a Marriott build from scratch or a refurbish? Where is it on the strip?

Thanks.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveM-- you are always thinking :) We will be in Vegas in March so I am learning from you.

susanmmm

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
MGV is new (within the last couple of years or so). It is half completed and they are attempting to sell the balance of the units. It has been built from scratch. It's across the street from Planet Holywood and the Miracle Mile complex. It also very close to the Harley Davidson restaurant (which is on the corner at the strip). Hope this helps!

I'm curious about this resort. I've just begun reading about Marriott again and it's new to me. How old is it and was it a Marriott build from scratch or a refurbish? Where is it on the strip?

Thanks.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Marriott started selling Grand Chateau weeks in the second quarter of 2004. First occupancy was in late 2005. The resort is new; it's not a refurb of another resort. GC is one half completed - two wings of four. Construction on the remaining half is scheduled to start in about March 2009, but that schedule could change, depending on the economy's impact on Marriott's plans.

GC is on Harmon Ave, about a block from the Strip. It's across the street from Planet Hollywood (site of the old Aladdin) and about halfway between MGM Grand and Bally's. (It's #13 on this map, which can be controlled by your mouse's pointer.) Here's a link to some info about GC. For lots of info about the Marriott timeshare system, see the FAQs located at the top of the list of topics for this Marriott forum.

[Edited to note that you were faster than I was, Susan!]

Arb

TUG Member
Reaction score
How to get tickets at Half Price?

That is pretty low points/bribe.
Think I will pass on this one.

As far as I can tell those are all shows that you can get tickets at Half Price, so the bribe is about $50.

How can we get half price tickets for Las Vegas shows?
Carole

susanmmm

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 1/2 price ticket booths in several locations on the strip. They call it a 1/2 price booth, but if truth were to be told, many of the ticket are reduced in price but not half price (for the better shows). Still definitely worth checking out.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Doing presentation next week

Will be arriving at Grand Chateau this Saturday (11/22) and just received a call to see if we wanted to attend a "modified owner's presentation." Incentives offered included 15,000 MR, and tickets to lots of shows -- the only one I remember is Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian (she said they were worth $120 each).

With all the buzz about MR devaluation come January and the MVCI survey some owners received on a points system, we decided to do the presentation just to see what they have to say. BTW we did not get the points survey. I'm going to be very upfront from the beginning and let them know we bought a resale this past year (other 2 weeks were developer) and that we don't believe the developer prices are worth it just for the ability to trade for points.

Will report back on what they say.

susanmmm

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Having done the same presentation recently a word of warning.....tell them up front how much time you have. We were promised a 90 minute owners presentation. It was a joke. We finally walked out after 105 minutes after asking them to wrap it up repeatedly. We have participated in other Marriott presentations in the past and found them to be extremely professional. This one was a real disappointment. Have fun in Vegas!