• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vanderbilt Beach And Harbour Club now Silver Crown

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
What happened? It was RCI Gold Crown.
We are headed there in a couples of weeks
1657899427285.png

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
What happened? It was RCI Gold Crown.
We are headed there in a couples of weeks
View attachment 60183

Our taxes went down drastically last year because of the construction. It took 3 times as long to do all of the renovervations that they had planned from the insurance money from IRMAA, due to supply issues. This might be the reason it got downgraded but all the construction will be done by years end and hopefully it go back to gold status...This is a great resort, right on Vanderbilt Beach

Last edited:

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Thanks.
We are flying into Fort Myers to pick my MIL and driving over.
Can any comment on the sofa sleeper comfort?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At different times both my daughter and son slept on it. My daughter had no complaints but my son said it was not very comfortable, but he has really bad back issues... Everyone said the twin beds were comfy in the 2nd bedroom

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
At different times both my daughter and son slept on it. My daughter had no complaints but my son said it was not very comfortable, but he has really bad back issues... Everyone said the twin beds were comfy in the 2nd bedroom
Thanks.
I was happy that I was able to find an RCI exchange into this resort.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
[
Thanks.
I was happy that I was able to find an RCI exchange into this resort.

I had tried to exchange into this resort for years and was never able to do so, hence the reason I bought here...It's not a fancy resort, but the people that work there are the best and all of the owners I have met over the years are the best of the best... In fact I can not remember ever meeting a non owner, most people buy here to use their week...

I think it's a good sized 2 bedroom unit with a nice size washer and dryer. I love the location, the Turtle Club is right next door. I'm so happy for you that you snagged an exchange into VBHC. Have fun and remember you can use the pool on both sides, gulf and bay side and the bikes are free to use...

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I had tried to exchange into this resort for years and was never able to do so, hence the reason I bought here...It's not a fancy resort, but the people that work there are the best and all of the owners I have met over the years are the best of the best... In fact I can not remember ever meeting a non owner, most people buy here to use their week...

I think it's a good sized 2 bedroom unit with a nice size washer and dryer. I love the location, the Turtle Club is right next door. I'm so happy for you that you snagged an exchange into VBHC. Have fun and remember you can use the pool on both sides, gulf and bay side and the bikes are free to use...
Thanks. I set the expectation with the family, may not get this exchange often.
Do you recommend any other resorts in the area?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. I set the expectation with the family, may not get this exchange often.
Do you recommend any other resorts in the area?

On the same street as Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor Club is the Gulf Pointe Intervals, we took a tour on our last trip last December, they have 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom units...I thought they were clean but not fancy. Also a nice place is the Bonita Resort and Club in Bonita Springs. We own at the Hyatt, so I exchange quite often into the Hyatt Coconut Plantation.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@needhelp, I wanted to tell you to check out the FT. Myers Costco (if your a member) they have great deals on restaurants in Naples usually as gift certificates...

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
@needhelp, I wanted to tell you to check out the FT. Myers Costco (if your a member) they have great deals on restaurants in Naples usually as gift certificates...
There haven’t been too many gift cards at the Costco lately

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Ugh, thats a bummer, I stocked up in December, they had a killer deal on Pinchers $79 for $100 in gift certificates plus 2 cards that allowed you to get a free alcoholic beverage or a free dessert. I bought 8 of these, we used some last December, some this past February, when we flew into RSW to go to Key West and will use the rest this December...

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We had a great time at the resort!
We only ate out twice. But we did get subs from Publix. Since there is not one here; that is always on our list.
Thanks for the help.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@needhelp, did you stay on the Gulf or Bay Side? I love both sides. I'm on the hunt for another week to tie into my two weeks I own here either before or after my current weeks in December...So many of the owners that I have met over the years, own multiple weeks so that they spend 6 to 8 weeks at this resort. Once I find another resort, I will sell some of my other weeks so that when I retire, I have the portfolio that works best for me.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
We stayed on the Bay Side. It was no problem walking across the street to go the the beach, we only went two days. It did rain both of those days, so our beach time was cut short.
The pool on Bay side was quieter.
We used Cabana Dan's for the chair the umbrella setup. It was nice to just have to our space ready when arrived. Plus, when it started storming we just got our towels and cooler a left. They remove the chairs at 5, so if you like to go out in the evening the chairs are not there.
There were I think 2 big families there (just the Bay side). I talked to 2 different owners that have owned for 30 years.

Good luck on your search for another week.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

I've noticed that at the Costco at home. They formerly had a long aisle full but I had to look closely recently to find the tiny little section remaining. Maybe they weren't selling enough to justify the space.

Sheila

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our taxes went down drastically last year because of the construction. It took 3 times as long to do all of the renovervations that they had planned from the insurance money from IRMAA, due to supply issues. This might be the reason it got downgraded but all the construction will be done by years end and hopefully it go back to gold status...This is a great resort, right on Vanderbilt Beach
How often does RCI grade resorts and downgrade resorts from Gold Crown to Silver ?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've noticed that at the Costco at home. They formerly had a long aisle full but I had to look closely recently to find the tiny little section remaining. Maybe they weren't selling enough to justify the space.

Sheila

I've noticed in December the Costco's seem to get more GC's in because I think folks buy them for gifts...

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I've noticed in December the Costco's seem to get more GC's in because I think folks buy them for gifts...
Probably correct. I noticed the Honey Baked Ham cards had moved right up to the entrance door when I was in Costco Saturday. I didn't have time to look to see if they had a better selection than normal farther into the store.

Sheila