• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor club

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Real nice house across street from me, 1777 square feet, on golf course, $299,000. Lots of amenities

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Real nice house across street from me, 1777 square feet, on golf course, $299,000. Lots of amenities

Thanks for letting me know as I would love to be your neighbor...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am surprised you can find a condo with gulf access and a water view for under 200. Where is this?

These are a few of the gulf access communities we will look at come December 2019...You really have to dig but they are out there...

BAY POINTE YACHT & RACQUET CLUB
Condo / High $100's ($199K)

VILLAGES OF STELLA MARIS
Condo / High $100's ($189K)

NAPLES SANDPIPER BAY CLUB

MANGROVE BAY CONDO
Condo / High $100's ($175K)

TROPIC TERRACE
Condo / Low $100's ($109K)

FOXMOOR
Condo / Low $100's ($129K)

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
From everything I have been told, you should avoid North Fort Myers, but I am sure a blanket statement doesn’t always hold true

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know as I would love to be your neighbor...
It would be really nice. We do have condos, they are around $175 but we do not have gulf access. You would get around $3400 a month rental during season.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do people say that, do you know?
I really don’t know, but many people won’t buy even in Fort Myers, or just in the south part. But even in 2003 we were warned against north Fort Myers

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I really don’t know, but many people won’t buy even in Fort Myers, or just in the south part. But even in 2003 we were warned against north Fort Myers

I wonder why North Fort Myers has such a bad reputation?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why North Fort Myers has such a bad reputation?
I don’t know, but I suggest you do a lot of driving around surrounding areas anywhere you look. And maybe Sea Six could chime in, he has lived here longer than us.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were looking in 2003 we could have bought a condo in Naples along rattlesnake hammock for well under $100000. Glad we didn’t because we played golf and the communities along the golf courses were really sketchy. Wouldn’t have noticed from the road.
Someone we know owned one and when the hurricane damage occurred they had a huge special assessment because they had no reserves.
A friend who is raising grandkids built north of colonial in fort Myers, a beautiful home in a beautiful subdivision but he is sorry he built in that location , I think maybe crime problems but not sure.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
These are a few of the gulf access communities we will look at come December 2019...You really have to dig but they are out there...

VILLAGES OF STELLA MARIS

MANGROVE BAY CONDO

TROPIC TERRACE

FOXMOOR
They are scattered on
Marco Island too, was surprised.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we were looking in 2003 we could have bought a condo in Naples along rattlesnake hammock for well under $100000. Glad we didn’t because we played golf and the communities along the golf courses were really sketchy. Wouldn’t have noticed from the road.
Someone we know owned one and when the hurricane damage occurred they had a huge special assessment because they had no reserves.
A friend who is raising grandkids built north of colonial in fort Myers, a beautiful home in a beautiful subdivision but he is sorry he built in that location , I think maybe crime problems but not sure.

My aunt bought a condo in Naples in the development called Port of the Islands and she loves it there...I really like the area and the development there...

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My aunt bought a condo in Naples in the development called Port of the Islands and she loves it there...I really like the area and the development there...
Does it have anything to do with the abandoned hotel?

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember passing it. It is really far out, but it looks nice.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I don't golf and the big requirement for me is a water view and gulf access. I love to fish. I tried golfing in college and never could get the hang of the sport

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that is where the big hotel was. We passed on way to Everglades and were told there were lots of manatees in the marina.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that is where the big hotel was. We passed on way to Everglades and were told there were lots of manatees in the marina.

I will attest to that, her marina has a ton of manatees and they are beautiful to watch

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score

VILLAGES OF STELLA MARIS

MANGROVE BAY CONDO

TROPIC TERRACE

FOXMOOR

bocamike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some of these seem really nice for the $$$ I especially like Bay Pointe Yacht and Racquet Club. I have no idea what the area is like, but seems like it would be worth checking out

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some of these seem really nice for the $$$ I especially like Bay Pointe Yacht and Racquet Club. I have no idea what the area is like, but seems like it would be worth checking out
I really like Bay Pointe as well. I will look forward to seeing it in person.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Three new buyers at the hot dog lunch

We were given a resale sheet. These were sold.
Week 52, gulf side, &22000
Weeks 49 and 50. Bay side first floor $8000
Week 51 bay side. 8500
And also shown weeks 48, 49, 50 unit 107 $28000

Weeks 51 and 52 gulf side twenty to twenty five thousand
Week 49 bay side 2800 and other bay side week 49 and 50 3500 or 4000

rapmarks, I forgot to tell you that I meet the people that bought weeks 49/50 on the bay side from your info from last year. It was a mom who’s 86 and her two daughters. They were bummed that the association weeks were going for $3K on the bay side and that a week 50 was available (it sold the day we arrived) at that price since they paid $4K each ($8K total for weeks 49 and 50)