• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Value Traders valuetraded.com contract

SHANNON MOONEY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Has anyone had experience with Value Traders (valuetraded.com)? I stupidly signed a contract saying that I would pay them $1390 and supply them with multiple documents for them to transfer my wyndham timeshare and lake tahoe vacation resort timeshare to them. The problem is after reading reviews online, I see people saying they find a way to not get the timeshares transferred and then do not return the money paid in advance. The other thing people noted in reviews is that they'd be told everything transfered by the company but they'd still be getting bills for maintenance fees. Feels like a complete scam now and I really regret signing anything - and now they are threatening me with legal action if I don't pay them and supply them with my documebts, including a Powr of Attorney!

I have no problem transferring my ownership over to them - but when I asked if I could do the transfer so that I am sure it gets out of my name successfully, they asked what happened to the contract you signed and that I can't do it that way. I asked why and they just kept saying you signed a contract. Are there any good and honest attorneys that anyone knows of that I might be able to talk to about my options?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Value Traders (valuetraded.com)? I stupidly signed a contract saying that I would pay them $1390 and supply them with multiple documents for them to transfer my wyndham timeshare and lake tahoe vacation resort timeshare to them. The problem is after reading reviews online, I see people saying they find a way to not get the timeshares transferred and then do not return the money paid in advance. The other thing people noted in reviews is that they'd be told everything transfered by the company but they'd still be getting bills for maintenance fees. Feels like a complete scam now and I really regret signing anything - and now they are threatening me with legal action if I don't pay them and supply them with my documebts, including a Powr of Attorney!

I have no problem transferring my ownership over to them - but when I asked if I could do the transfer so that I am sure it gets out of my name successfully, they asked what happened to the contract you signed and that I can't do it that way. I asked why and they just kept saying you signed a contract. Are there any good and honest attorneys that anyone knows of that I might be able to talk to about my options?

This is a total SCAM. Google them and see for yourself. Pay no attention to any of their Mexican BS. STOP communicating with them, and don't provide them documentation, don't provide them with POA, and don't give them $1,390.

The number one learning lesson on TUG is NEVER pay anyone to rid yourself of your timeshare. They won't do squat for that money, and once you give it to them they just disappear forever.

TUG actually has a Timeshare Giveaway thread in which you can give it away and it won't cost you a nickel.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
OP: This operation, like other Mexican "trade-in" schemes, is a scam, plainly and simply stated. The game is usually run in conjunction with a Mexican RTU purchase, in which they offer a baited hook of an inflated (and completely fictitious) "credit" toward the purchase. The "trade-in" operation you have encountered is apparently a variant on that game, with "no purchase required" (...just send your cash, please). In both instances, proper and lawful "transfer of ownership" does not subsequently occur. Sound good?

I must also point out that Wyndham has a "deedback" program (formerly known as Ovation, now called Certified Exit) which would cost you absolutely nothing. to achieve a clean, lawful, permanent and relatively swift "exit" from that particular ownership. That would then leave only the Lake Tahoe timeshare ownership for you to have to deal with / shed.

Post #3 directly above summarizes your next appropriate step with "Value Traders" quite nicely (i.e., take no steps at all). Provide them with nothing, sign nothing further and immediately cease any and all further communications with them --- and for goodness sake put that checkbook away! Do otherwise at your peril.

P.S. Their silly and empty "threat" of "legal action" is a joke, albeit not very funny. Rest assured that the last place on earth any such thieving parasites ever want to find themselves is in direct contact with any aspect of the legal system. You don't need an attorney; you simply need to immediately forget that you ever even heard of these parasites.

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other thing people noted in reviews is that they'd be told everything transfered by the company but they'd still be getting bills for maintenance fees. ...I have no problem transferring my ownership over to them...

This is a common method by many of these so-called exit/relief/cancel firms. There's a recent thread about one of these firms, Timeshare Exit Team, that just got shut down while supposedly "helping" TS owners out of their TSs. They basically tell owners to do nothing and just let the TS go into foreclosure. Do you need to pay an exit firm thousands of dollars to tell you to do that?

And if they are using the method where you are " transferring [your] ownership over to them", then likely they are pulling the Viking ship scheme. Regardless of what method they use, do not pay them any money and do not fear any legal repercussions from them.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
<snip> ....if they are using the method where you are " transferring [your] ownership over to them", then likely they are pulling the Viking ship scheme. <snip>

Based on past history of Mexican "trade-in" schemes, it is far more likely that they would do absolutely nothing after receiving their voluntary contribution "fee".

It takes time and effort (and deed recording fees) to completely load a timeshare onto the deck of a "Viking Ship". These "trade-in" operations generally can't be bothered to exert even that little bit of effort (not to mention committing outright fraud if they do so). It's much easier and safer for them to just take the donation "fee" and then do nothing at all.

Last edited: