• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vail Resorts will require skiers to make reservations this winter

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel

By Robert Silk / USA / Travel Weekly / www.travelweekly.com / Aug 27, 2020

“Vail Resorts will require skiers and snowboarders across its 34 North American resorts to reserve mountain space during the 2020-21 season.

Reservations will even be mandatory for pass holders as Vail limits capacity as a Covid-19 precaution....”

8507950A-0304-4973-992D-BB37F75FA8E4.jpeg

Vail Resorts will require skiers and riders to reserve mountain time in order to keep capacity in check at its resorts.
Photo Credit: Jack Affleck / Travel Weekly

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Today the online reservation system opened up. Well, after getting in the online “waiting room” with over 140,000 people in front of me, I was notified by email about 1.5 hours later that it was my turn. No dates were sold out yet, and I made my reservations for the 7 days I wanted. All in all, a fairly smooth process.

Kurt

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Today the online reservation system opened up. Well, after getting in the online “waiting room” with over 140,000 people in front of me, I was notified by email about 1.5 hours later that it was my turn. No dates were sold out yet, and I made my reservations for the 7 days I wanted. All in all, a fairly smooth process.

Kurt
Got our reserved timeshare weeks as well in Tahoe. Being California, at the mercy of his highness.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

By Robert Silk / USA / Travel Weekly / www.travelweekly.com / Aug 27, 2020

“Vail Resorts will require skiers and snowboarders across its 34 North American resorts to reserve mountain space during the 2020-21 season.

Reservations will even be mandatory for pass holders as Vail limits capacity as a Covid-19 precaution....”

View attachment 26089
Vail Resorts will require skiers and riders to reserve mountain time in order to keep capacity in check at its resorts.
Photo Credit: Jack Affleck / Travel Weekly
Here's a thread with more discussion abut the process.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Got our reserved timeshare weeks as well in Tahoe. Being California, at the mercy of his highness.
Given that I currently have over 30 nights reserved at Valdoro in Breckenridge this winter, I had to just pick my top 7 days, as that is the limit. I’m hoping the “week of” reservations work well for mid-week days this year!

Kurt

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have 6 ski weeks planned so far split between Park City, Beaver Creek, and South Tahoe. Still trying to figure out which 7 days to reserve. We usually won't ski on the weekends due to crowds preferring to do other things.

Any suggestions on the type of mask you are planning to use?

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have 6 ski weeks planned so far split between Park City, Beaver Creek, and South Tahoe. Still trying to figure out which 7 days to reserve. We usually won't ski on the weekends due to crowds preferring to do other things.

Any suggestions on the type of mask you are planning to use?
Are masks required?

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, masks are required this winter. I've also read somewhere that neck gaiters won't count as a mask in indoor buildings.

I used the new reservation system and it really needs a lot of work.
1. The system does not yet support cancelling or changing a reservation. I made a reservation and booked it but only realized afterwards that I chose the wrong ski resort. I need to wait until late-November before they introduce new functionality so that I can rebook my reservation
2. I have kids who I want to reserve different days than me. Currently, the system only allows you to book 7 days regardless of whether its just for one person on your account or whether its a large family of 6. If you have kids who want to book 7 different days than the parents, then you have to go through the whole process another time.
3. The ability to view and book the days that you want is very cumbersome and not well thought out. The least that Vail could have done is to hire a UX (user experience) designer to make it simple to use. Instead, it looks like they had someone who was a couple years out of school (or maybe in school) to design the new functionality

Last edited:

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked reservations for our December week at Park City. It gave me the message asking if I wanted to enter the waiting room but then immediately let me make my reservations. I have 2 ski trips planned this year, this one and Heavenly in March. I used 6 days of reservations for Park City and made a reservation for 1 day at Heavenly. My plan is to add on to my reservation days for Heavenly as I use my reservations in December since you can only have 7 reservations at any one time. Fingers crossed. We will have people with us who do not have season passes and planned to use our buddy passes for tickets but I am feeling nervous about availability of those days since we can't book with the buddy passes until December 8, I believe. There is a lot of uncertainty with this new system this year!