• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vaccine passport for Hawaii for mid-April??

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not find anything on what Thomas Jefferson thought about conflicting interests when it came to unalienable rights, but it is easy to find what a modern-day Supreme Court decided about 48 years ago, and individual liberty won.

Today the executive branch of our government weighed-in, and individual liberty won again at the federal level.

This is a quote from the White House press secretary:

“Let me be very clear on this. I know there's been lots of questions," Psaki said during the press briefing Tuesday. "The government is not now, nor will we be, supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential."

The protections under the Bill of Rights are as relevant today as they were 250 years ago.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I could not find anything on what Thomas Jefferson thought about conflicting interests when it came to unalienable rights, but it is easy to find what a modern-day Supreme Court decided about 48 years ago, and individual liberty won.

Today the executive branch of our government weighed-in, and individual liberty won again at the federal level.

“Let me be very clear on this. I know there's been lots of questions," Psaki said during the press briefing Tuesday. "The government is not now, nor will we be, supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential."

The protections under the Bill of Rights are as relevant today as they were 250 years ago.

Under the U.S. Constitution’s 10th Amendment and U.S. Supreme Court decisions over nearly 200 years, state governments have the primary authority to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions. The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Under the U.S. Constitution’s 10th Amendment and U.S. Supreme Court decisions over nearly 200 years, state governments have the primary authority to control the spread of dangerous diseases within their jurisdictions. The 10th Amendment, which gives states all powers not specifically given to the federal government, allows them the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions.
And Florida and Texas have already adopted the federal "hands off citizen's rights" policy with regard to "vaccine credentials."

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
And Florida and Texas have already adopted the federal "hands off citizen's rights" policy with regard to "vaccine credentials."
And Hawaii is going a different way as constitutional law allows.....the thread we are in.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
And Hawaii is going a different way as constitutional law allows.....the thread we are in.
No, they are going much further by interfering with the interstate movement of American citizens -- a federal right. (Review posts #63 and #64.)

Hawaii's anti-Jeffersonian actions did not save them from a second wave of Covid infection greater than the first wave, just like most other states. Hawaii is experiencing a third wave of Covid infections just like many other states.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, they are going much further by interfering with the interstate movement of American citizens -- a federal right. (Review post #63.)

Hawaii's anti-Jeffersonian actions did not save them from a second wave of Covid infection greater than the first wave, just like most other states. Hawaii is experiencing a third wave of Covid infections just like many other states.
Please show where Hawaii has not allowed a person to go to Hawaii? Quarantines have been upheld by the courts for about 250 yrs.

LOL you do realize that by cases per capita Hawaii is the best.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please show where Hawaii has not allowed a person to go to Hawaii? Quarantines have been upheld by the courts for about 250 yrs.
Here is one example:

(from the article, there were 12 other people on the same flight who were capriciously denied interstate travel.)

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

First of all I wasn't necesarily addressing the requirement to carry a credential. My assertion about was much broader than that when I said in making laws we need to be realistic about the world we now live in. I believe that carrying a credential is an easier, similar, and more foolproof way to prove you either have been vaccinated or have negative virus test results.

However, while I don't think that you should have to but don't you have to carry some type of identification if you are stopped by a police officer?

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is one example:

(from the article, there were 12 other people on the same flight who were capriciously denied interstate travel.)

From your own article

The family vacation was supposed to be for one week, so quarantining for 14 days didn’t make sense.

I will repeat this from the bar in case you ignored it.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
First of all I wasn't necesarily addressing the requirement to carry a credential. My assertion about was much broader than that when I said in making laws we need to be realistic about the world we now live in. I believe that carrying a credential is an easier, similar, and more foolproof way to prove you either have been vaccinated or have negative virus test results.

However, while I don't think that you should have to but don't you have to carry some type of identification if you are stopped by a police officer?

No. That's where the term "John Doe" came from. . .

Of course most people do carry some form of ID, but it is not mandatory.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
From your own article

The family vacation was supposed to be for one week, so quarantining for 14 days didn’t make sense.

I will repeat this from the bar in case you ignored it.
They tested negative for Covid. What was the basis for a quarantine?

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
They tested negative for Covid. What was the basis for a quarantine?
Not the correct vendor for the test....it was in the article. Like the bar says. Hawaii can set their own rules. They require an approved vendor.

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Here is one example:

They had the option to quarantine in a hotel. You have the option to provide a negative test before arriving in Hawaii from a verified testing site or quarantining. Access to the state is allowed, but you are not given free reign to roam with the possibility of infecting others and creating a surge. The rules are very clear on the safe travels site, if someone traveling to the state does not abide, there are consequences.

Until April 1, New York State made out of state visitors have a negative test, then quarantine for 4 days and then have another negative test. If you were vaccinated, you needed to have your 2nd vaccine two weeks prior to your trip.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the correct vendor for the test....it was in the article. Like the bar says. Hawaii can set their own rules. They require an approved vendor.
That would be an interesting question for the Supreme Court to settle. I hope, somehow, the government of Hawaii is held accountable for its anti-Jeffersonian actions.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try to get on an airplane without ID.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would be an interesting question for the Supreme Court to settle. I hope, somehow, the government of Hawaii is held accountable for its anti-Jeffersonian actions.
Jefferson liked life. He put it in front of liberty.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rights, of course, only if you were a white, landowning male. *sigh* I think you might want to stop idealizing Jeffersonian democracy quite so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rights, of course, only if you were a white, landowning male. *sigh* I think you might want to stop idealizing Jeffersonian democracy quite so much
I think you are not familiar with the philosophy of the Enlightenment, on which our republic is based.

Or American history.

In 1776 and to 1789 there were philosophical ideals that were opposed to pragmatic concerns to unite the 13 colonies. Compromises had to be made to unite the 13 colonies, otherwise there would be 13 separate nation states on the eastern seaboard. For some reason, it is currently fashionable to encapsulate our history into single-thought, catchy phrases. It was (and is) much, much more complex.

cman

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 1776 and to 1789 there were philosophical ideals that were opposed to pragmatic concerns to unite the 13 colonies.
Just say "SLAVERY". That's the only thing they were concerned about. It was the darkest stain on our history and we're still feeling the reprocusions to this day.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just say "SLAVERY". That's the only thing they were concerned about. It was the darkest stain on our history and we're still feeling the reprocusions to this day.
True. But there is no denying, "that was then." And let us be as pragmatic as our founding fathers were. There was absolutely NO WAY to unite the southern colonies, otherwise, in the late 18th century.

For context, does anyone remember the more "modern" "evolutionary" internment camps of WW2 -- 80 years later? What about those American citizens' rights that were capriously stripped, because "it seemed like the right thing to do?"

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
probably don't need to read it
the author is a proponent of a certain (unmentionable) former reality TV entertainer and does not like a certain (unmentionable) US politician

I referred to the book because the subject we were talking about was potential Government misuse of National and State Vaccination ID information, not her dissatisfaction the Government's and one TV Network's unwillingness to shoot straight with the public. And no way was I referencing her like or dislike of any (unmentionable) individuals...

George

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two articles today about vaccine passports. The first from the NYTimes gives the pros and cons. The second from the Wall Street Journal is a collection of short opinion pieces offered by students on the topic. Enjoy...

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
True. But there is no denying, "that was then." And let us be as pragmatic as our founding fathers were. There was absolutely NO WAY to unite the southern colonies, otherwise, in the late 18th century.

For context, does anyone remember the more "modern" "evolutionary" internment camps of WW2 -- 80 years later? What about those American citizens' rights that were capriously stripped, because "it seemed like the right thing to do?"

That has been my point with my posts. When Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence and James Madison did his work on the US Constitution slavery was legal and an accepted practice by many; but those were different times. The internment of American Citizens of Japanese Ancestry was interpreted as legal since the Japanese Empire attacked us and we were worried about a 5th column developing. Again those were different times. The coronavirus pandemic that spread in 2020 has made both our State and Federal Governments do things differently to deal with the problem. The identification of those that have been vacinated is important to prevent the spread of the virus and get us back to normal life. There are many ways to do it, a Vaccine Passport is one way. I feel that it is better than having to get tested everytime we travel or want to go to a crowded event, or having to show a Vaccination Card that can be forged. But we need to do it since these are different times.