• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vaccine card needed anywhere on Maui?

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that Hawaii safe travels and mask mandates have ended, is there any reason to bring a vaccine card this summer? Just trying to cover my bases.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always travel with my VAX card even though I know it is highly likely I may not need it.

Why? The Government can (and will) impose anything at anytime, and I would hate to travel anywhere and get stuck there because of a sudden VAX proof requirement to fly home.

Another nice thing to having the VAX card with you? If you are out of state and suddenly want (or need) a booster.......

NOTE: The Government is currently forecasting a summer time surge in Covid. Let's hope it doesn't occur but past history shows otherwise.

Enjoy your summer trip to Hawaii.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are going for 7 weeks so I'm bringing our cards, just I n case rules change. If hospitalizations go up , there is no guarantees

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I've never taken my physical card with me anywhere -- that stays in the safe. But I have a photo of it on my phone and never had an issue (when vax proof was needed).

Kurt

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I've never taken my physical card with me anywhere -- that stays in the safe. But I have a photo of it on my phone and never had an issue (when vax proof was needed).

Kurt

We had the cards on our phones and that was how we presented them when asked. We never had an issue either. We also took the vax cards just in case but I don't remember ever using them.

Bill

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Carry it. You never know when it might be required, and it's not like having it along would make your bags overweight or anything.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
It's not too hard to replace them either.

peas

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have it on our phones for informal things like restaurant entry, but I didn't know if there's a reason to actually carry them. But glad someone brought up the possibility of laws changing mid trip. Good point. But I'd assume there'd be notice and ramp up period. Still a good point. I just don't want to carry stuff I need to remember to be careful about. One less thing to think about.

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
… But I'd assume there'd be notice and ramp up period. Still a good point. I just don't want to carry stuff I need to remember to be careful about. One less thing to think about.
I’d guess two weeks as that has been provided in most cases. Case counts are ramping up after mask mandates were eliminated … especially on Oahu. So could change — with election around the corner … maybe not