• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vaccinated American Tourists May Soon Be Able to Travel to Europe!!

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
This article just came up on MSN. Looks like Europe will be open to vaccinated American tourists starting sometime this summer! Looks like we might be getting to do our international travel after all. It will be dependent on what my endocronologist says later next month in regards to my being able to get vaccinated. But, I am hoping, hoping, hoping they'll give me the go ahead.

Vaccinated American Tourists May Soon Travel to Europe (msn.com)

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Reading several Central European newspapers almost daily, I am not in hurry to get there. So many restrictions in individual countries make it very difficult to navigate and plan. We are on “pause” despite being vaccinated and having a property there.

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The vaccine rollout is much slower across the EU so you will see many unvaccinnated folks. The 65 and over has just started with the goal to get all over 60s complete with 1st shot by beginning of June. Then the rest of the population will be throughout the summer months. Things are open in mid May but not to say a lockdown could occur fast if numbers rise.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not rushing there tomorrow or anytime soon but am just happy to know that we may be able to begin traveling there sooner than I expected. I didn’t think EU travel would be possible until probably 2023. The fact that we might be able to get there in mid-2022 would be great. But of most importance is the recovery of their people - that’s way more important to me.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Vaccinated Americans Can Travel to Europe This Summer.

Richard

[Threads merged.] <-- SueDonJ

Last edited by a moderator:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
This is hopeful. We have plane tickets for the end of summer. We have some long overdue business meetings and hope to spend an extra week exploring somewhere that is open and safe. Hoping things will be better by then. If not, we have changeable tickets and will postpone.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Carefully watching this. We are tentatively booked on a Bordeaux river cruise in Sept, with a pre-trip in Madrid/Bilbao in late August. So far it's nearly all paid for using credits from unused 2020 travel.

Jim

ETA: It appears that if AMAWaterways runs this cruise, being vaxx'ed is mandatory, but if there aren't museums and attractions open, it could just amount to a boat ride with wine. Not much point in that. We're considering postponing until more of EU is opening up post vaccination- like is happening here in the US.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Carefully watching this. We are tentatively booked on a Bordeaux river cruise in Sept, with a pre-trip in Madrid/Bilbao on late August. So far it's nearly all paid for using credits from unused 2020 travel.

Jim

I’m similarly cautiously optimistic. I have a trip in October to the UK, Germany, and Spain, with a Med cruise followed by a transatlantic cruise. Currently have only fully refunded reservations, other than the cruises (which are 100% transferable). I still only give it a ~50% chance of actually happening (last month I thought it was at 30%, so the odds are improving, at least in my opinion). Nevertheless, I have backup plans if this doesn’t work out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still only give it a ~50% chance of actually happening (last month I thought it was at 30%, so the odds are improving, at least in my opinion). Nevertheless, I have backup plans if this doesn’t work out.
We're on pretty much the same page.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We're booked for the beginning of September. Like others, I would be reluctant to go early in the summer, but am optimistic that things will be better by the end of the summer.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Sounds promising but I’m still not going. 10 hours in a plane with a mask on is a no go for me. Plus services will likely still be restricted and I don’t feel like strolling through summer heat with a mask on my face.

If it’s wide open (which I doubt), I would book a trip for a MotoGP race. But I think 2022 is a better option.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I’m similarly cautiously optimistic. I have a trip in October to the UK, Germany, and Spain, with a Med cruise followed by a transatlantic cruise. Currently have only fully refunded reservations, other than the cruises (which are 100% transferable). I still only give it a ~50% chance of actually happening (last month I thought it was at 30%, so the odds are improving, at least in my opinion). Nevertheless, I have backup plans if this doesn’t work out.
Our October Mediterranean cruise was recently cancelled by Norwegian. We are considering an April, 2022 riverboat cruise originating in Belgium and I think that has a pretty good chance of happening.

Kurt

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Our October Mediterranean cruise was recently cancelled by Norwegian. We are considering an April, 2022 riverboat cruise originating in Belgium and I think that has a pretty good chance of happening.

I'm on MSC for the Med, and they haven't yet canceled. It seems Norwegian and others are moving ships to other regions, so perhaps that's why they canceled your Med cruise?

I would certainly hope that by April 2022 riverboat cruises in Europe will operate on schedule. That said, I spoke with a cousin in Paris yesterday and things are still quite bad.

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Our August Oceania cruise out of Copenhagen to St. Petersburg got cancelled today.....

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Dd and I changed our May 2021 European River cruise to May 2022. We're still taking a wait and see attitude.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
DW and I were going to take a 20th anniversary trip to Italy this September. I never booked anything because of COVID and I'm certainly not going to book something that should be a once in a decade trip while having to wear masks, etc. Maybe 2022.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
We had planned on big Europe trip for 2021, but the pandemic hit before i booked anything. At this point i won't even start booking and spending real money until things have been open for a while and seem stable

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
According to a news article (in French), it sounds as if France will be totally open by the end of June. (Cultural venues, restaurants, at least until 11:00 at night, etc.) I am not suggesting that it will be fully safe, but if you travel there this summer or fall, at least according to present plans, you will not be visiting a country in the midst of lockdown.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
According to a news article (in French), it sounds as if France will be totally open by the end of June. (Cultural venues, restaurants, at least until 11:00 at night, etc.) I am not suggesting that it will be fully safe, but if you travel there this summer or fall, at least according to present plans, you will not be visiting a country in the midst of lockdown.
Have they obtained the technology to train the Corona virus to only come out after 11 pm? :ROFLMAO:

Kurt