• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Village Plus?

lalahe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Seaside Resort
Holiday Inn Holiday Hills
Does anyone know how much this new program costs? When logging into RCI I now see something about how I can upgrade to Vacation Village plus. Anyone familiar with this program at all?

dominidude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much this new program costs? When logging into RCI I now see something about how I can upgrade to Vacation Village plus. Anyone familiar with this program at all?

I heard a salesman talking about this about a month ago.

It seems like another name for RCI® Platinum plus they allow an "internal" exchange for "just" $99.

I wonder how many people could actually find this useful.

Also, it seems that to sign up you have to go to a presentation. In other words, you cannot sign up online.

I would consider trying it out as a free perk, as long as they allowed me to cancel it later before they charge my CC.

See below their small print.

** Vacation Village Plus benefits include RCI® Platinum Tier Membership. For rules of the RCI Platinum membership and Savings Dollars visit www.RCI.com/PlatinumRules. The issuance, redemption, and fulfillment of Savings Dollars, is administered by International Cruise & Excursion Gallery, lnc., d/b/a Our Vacation Center and/or ICE under contract with RCl, LLC. RCI disclaims all responsibility in connection with issuance, redemption or fulfillment of Savings Dollars or any third-party travel services.

† The purchase of a Vacation Village Plus upgrade includes: (i) one free 7-night internal exchange and (ii) thereafter, unlimited 7-night exchanges for $99USD; both (i) and (ii) must be redeemed within 24 months of the upgrade date. Your membership and Vacation Village Plus benefits must be in good standing to be eligible for offers. See Member kit for full details.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I own several VV properties and don't have the offer mentioned in my RCI account. Even without it VV owners get $149 internal exchanges that I find useful. We usually hit Massanutten once in the summer or every other summer and then 2-3 times in the off season usually for partial weeks, sometimes with extended family and multiple units. During sales we often pay 3-5 tpu's per unit plus $149 for a 2 br. I got 36 tpu's total for paying my Massanutten MF's early. So without using my units at all I still get enough tpu's for 1 summer plus 5 non summer weeks for $894. If this program was cheap that would drop down to $495 (5x$99 plus one free).

Anthony Schmid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas, Elara a Hilton Grand Vacation Club, The Jockey Club, Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Coylumbridge, Hilton Grand Vacations at Craigendarroch, Hyatt Residence Club at Coconut Plantation, DVC Saratoga Springs
I tried to sign up to vacation village plus but you would have to purchase a unit from the developer. I live in Orlando, FL and stopped in Vacation Village at Parkway to find out more. They went straight to the offer. A biannual, 2 bedroom with 55,500 RCI points and they would convert my 2 weeks at the grandview at las vegas all for $15,000... That is the only way to get in this Vacation Village Plus I was told :(
They offered $5000 to convert my 2 weeks into points but they would not include the Vacation Village Plus Membership..

brdancer

Reaction score
We attended a presentation at Grandview in Las Vegas yesterday and they offered to upgrade our two triennial units to VVP plus add a third triennial including VVP for $5995. According to the sales rep, VVP entitles you to airplane fares for $25 and cruises for $239 for only a small number of RCI points, among other benefits already included with RCI Platinum. She said the cost of VVP is $7995 but the unit she was offering had already been upgraded so we would be getting a bargain! We passed.
There must be a catch but we didn’t ask to see a chart of exchange points - we were ready to accept our gift and leave. I am curious as to what kind of cruise you would get and for how many points for $239.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We attended a presentation at Grandview in Las Vegas yesterday and they offered to upgrade our two triennial units to VVP plus add a third triennial including VVP for $5995. According to the sales rep, VVP entitles you to airplane fares for $25 and cruises for $239 for only a small number of RCI points, among other benefits already included with RCI Platinum. She said the cost of VVP is $7995 but the unit she was offering had already been upgraded so we would be getting a bargain! We passed.
There must be a catch but we didn’t ask to see a chart of exchange points - we were ready to accept our gift and leave. I am curious as to what kind of cruise you would get and for how many points for $239.

What she told you was extremely misleading. Using your points for airfare and car rentals is a waste of the points and it ends up costing you more than it would to book them yourself. Especially if you shop around and watch for sales. We attended a presentation this past Spring so I could find out all the details the VVP benefits. I already knew some stuff before we went. The one benefit I wanted to learn more about is only for the first year. Everything else worth having I can get with paying to be platinum on my RCI points account for a whole lot less money. And some of the platinum benefits I frequently take advantage of you don't get with VVP.

If you are looking for deals on cruises check out www.vacationstogo.com