• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Village at Weston-which bldg?

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
We'll be at the VVWeston during Thanksgiving. We haven't stayed in this area for some years. Is it possible to call ahead with a request? Which bldg should we ask for? :confused: Any suggestions on restaurants or things to do?

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there last year, but the name of the building has slipped my mind at the moment. They all looked nice, though.

Vacation Village has a deal with many of the neighboring restaurants where you can show them your room card and get a percentage off the meal. We also took advantage of an Everglade Tour (Everglades Holiday Park) and were given a substantial discount after I mentioned the Vacation Village discount. It was located less than 10 miles away and a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. The everglade tour was not cheesy at all and focused on the natural resources and wildlife above and beyond alligators!

Many people gravitate to the Sawgrass Mills although I admit I am not one of them. But if someone in your group loves to shop the Mills are very close by. The building that we were in backed up to a nicely landscaped shopping center that was full of botiques and restaurants.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I remember, we stayed in Mizner.

I wouldn't know which building to recommend since I don't know what your family is looking for. So let me describe the few things I noticed.

Mizner is about 2 or 3 miles from the other buildings. It is on a busy street but located great for walking to restaurants and shops. As a matter of fact, the back of the building backs up to an upscale shopping center. Mizner also has an attached parking garage which you enter through a secured gate. We were on the fourth floor and only had to walk a few steps to the fourth floor entrance. No elevators or stairs to take. If anyone is physically disabled this would be a huge plus. We aren't but it was nice for hauling groceries and our beach bags.

Westin and Bonaventure are located next to each other. One of them is the main check-in. Whichever one that is, they have the really nice pool with a waterfall. That is also where the welcome breakfast buffet takes place. I enjoyed the pool at Mizner even though it wasn't as decked out in the landscaping. It was big and heated and had a great jacuzzi.

Westin and Bonaventure had parking lots that did not seem very convenient to the buildings unless you were in a handfull of lucky few.

As far as interiors go, I believe they all had an A & B configuration with A being the larger, more desirable. HTH.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Thanks for your help. I was able to find a few posts in the archives.

cherokee_villager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now I remember, we stayed in Mizner.

Mizner is not the same location as VV at Weston. Mizner is several blocks away from the Weston buildings. In Sept we stayed at Mizner, and prefer it because of the Town Center shopping.

At the Weston, you have the following buildings:

Crane
Osprey
Ibis

Depending on which day you check in, usually sets your building, but you can request a certain bldg at check in.

I personally prefer the Crane.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mizner is not the same location as VV at Weston. Mizner is several blocks away from the Weston buildings. In Sept we stayed at Mizner, and prefer it because of the Town Center shopping.

At the Weston, you have the following buildings:

Crane
Osprey
Ibis

Depending on which day you check in, usually sets your building, but you can request a certain bldg at check in.

I personally prefer the Crane.

We exchanged into VV Weston; we had a major problem with the unit, and they sent us to an upgraded unit at Mizner. Thought they were affiliated!

We did like the Town Center being right behind the building also.:cheer:

vkhome

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a week booked at Mitzner in February. Actually, I exchanged with a friend, although she has never stayed there herself. I know we check in on a Saturday, but I'm not sure what building we will be in. It's a one bedroom unit.

Any suggestions for activities from those who have stayed there?

Joanne