• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Village at Weston swimming pools

jtridle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand that there are several swimming pools at this resort. Do they currently require you to wear an arm band to get into the swimming pools? The reason I am asking is that we will be staying there after Xmas and may have a guest stop by to visit us. There will be four of us staying in our unit and I've heard they religiously enforce the number of people in the unit, or at least the resort has emphasized that with us. Will our guest be able to get into the pools to use that amenity in case we want to go???

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The pool at Weston is quite large and beautiful. It has a waterfall. There are several other pools at Bonaventure that you can use as well, about a 15 minute walk. You are free to use all pools with no wristbands. I can't see that having company would be a problem at all. Enjoy your visit. We have stayed there 4 or 5 times.

Dori

suekap

Reaction score
Are there any chain restaurants near VV? We have never been to miami or fort
lauderdale. We were thinking of staying at this resort and then going to the beaches a few days. Are there walmarts near these areas to go food shopping?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Weston is 24 miles inland from the beaches of Ft Lauderdale. Be prepared to pay for parking for the beach.

Wslmarts are everywheres - chain restaurants are around, too.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
There is also a great outlet mall with wonderful restaurants - Cheesecake Factory & Wolfgang Puck are two that I remember that are about 1/2 way between Ft. L and the resort. We cooked hotdogs and hamburgers on the beach on Thanksgiving about 5 years ago. There is a good restaurant downtown that had big glider swings. We had a great time and did not mind driving to town. There were 8 adults & 1 child in our group. The units were very nice.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at Bonaventure in Weston last January. It is not far from the VV where you are staying.

There is a lot of shopping and dining in the area. Also local grocery stores (not WalMart) closer than WalMart.

Read your check-in material regarding local restaurants. There are several that give you a 10% discount when you show them your Vacation Village key card. We really enjoyed a couple of the non-chain places, especially a breakfast place (might have been named Uncle somethings.....)

Also, if you want to go on an Everglades tour the nearby Everglades Holiday Park offers a discount, just be sure to ask for it or mention that you are staying at Vacation Village. I forget how much it was, but I thought it was well worth the value. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go to Markham Park, which is very close by, you can rent canoes very inexpensively.

I second Neesie's recommendation of the Holiday Park airboat tour. We did this and it was very good. Do attend the welcome breakfast at the resort, as various tour operators come to pitch their excursions.

Dori

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
We stayed at Bonaventure in Weston last January. It is not far from the VV where you are staying:

Can you tell me if any of the pools there are heated during winter??

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are quite comfortable. We found that the small pool at Bonaventure was the warmest and the least crowded.

Dori

Larry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you tell me if any of the pools there are heated during winter??

The large pool at Vacation Village at Weston is always warm.

McKShr6

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there last Easter, the pools were quite crowded, lots of school aged children and sometimes it was difficult to get a lounge chair.
We took the Miami tour and enjoyed that , we had just gone to Key West by ourselves or we would have taken the tour to Key West.
There are many activities at the various pools - barbecues, welcome parties , appreciation parties with prizes before you leave, Bingo, etc.
Staff at the resort were very helpful.