• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Strategy Club

CactiV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with Vacation Strategy, LLC?

They will pay you $5.00/1000 points to them to rent your Wyndham points. More interesting to me is their 'club' wherein they 'take over' the management of your Wyndham account. In a word, you pay the maintenance fee to them for a year and then you will only have to pay the maintenance for any discounted points you use during the year. You have to agree to only use up to 50% of your points to make this work.

This seems to be a good idea if you can't use all your points. They rent your points out at $5.50 per 1,000, so that's how they make money on the deal.

I would appreciate any comments. Many thanks, John

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting first post. I will probably regret commenting on this since it brings more attention to it.

Many "points managers" pay more than $5/K point, at least for gold or platinum accounts. So that doesn't seem to be a great deal. And the other end of the deal seems a bit confusing. Again, there are reputable points managers who have been around for awhile and they are members and advertise in the TUG marketplace.

But more to the point... is this really an unpaid ad?

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are legitimate companies that do deal with Platinum owners and works out for both parties.

Based on info here looks like a loser for you.

How did you hear about this outfit?

Do they require up front money?

How long have they been around?

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never used them and have not had a reason to. This is what I do know about them - Vacation Strategy LLC rents out many Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort reservations. They are very popular on www.disboards.com a site that is devoted to Disney World (Florida) vacation planning.

However, many people on www.disboards.com say they give great pricing for Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort bookings. From my understanding they also rent out vacations for other destinations as well.

I do not know the other end - how they deal with owners to get their points for their rentals and reservations. There are many businesses like Vacation Strategy LLC out there that use and pay for owners points. Some pay owners a higher dollar for their points.

Good luck!

Cynthia T. :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have visited them in their Orlando offices and met with the owner and sales staff, I have also toured their operation. I saw both ends of the operation in action, folks that dealt with owners like me, and the reservations staff.

The owner is a former Wyndham salesman and is an owner himself. He started by renting his own points and grew into one of the largest operations of its kind.

The op has it pretty much right ..at least thats the way the service was pitched to me.. I would pay them an initial fee, turn over my account to them, and they would pay the mf from that point forward. They would make reservations in the account and rent them out, using the income to pay my mf and for their profit. The initial fee was designed to cover my mf until they "ramped up " operations in my account...ie until the income from the rentals was enough to cover mf. If I wanted to use some of my points myself, no problem, they would rent them back to me for the cost of the mf. This would be my profit as I could continue my rental operation out of the account too.

Their profit comes from the spread between the cost of mf, and the price of the rental, and could be considerable as they play the cancel and rebook and upgrade game to the max.

I had 2 problems with the way they have structured their plan. 1) the initial deposit; From their standpoint, I understand the need for this completely. From the first of our agreement they would owe all my mf, but not have collected on a single reservation. It would take them a while to make enough reservations and collect enough income to pay my fees. especially if they were making the high value reservations 10-13 months in advance...it might be a year before things were in balance and they would be collecting enough every month to cover the fees (and profit) From my standpoint it wouldnt work however. I need a steady cash flow every month, to cover my considerable mf. I just cant pay a year in advance, which is what they wanted. 2) there was no profit potential for me..I wanted at least a little more than mf to make this worthwhile.

So we didnt do business, but I certainly wouldnt recommend against them, The way they work might be perfect for someone else....And as BigRob said, there are other services out there that work better for me.

CactiV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. no, it's not an ad.

Can someone recommend another outfit that would pay mor than the $5.00/1000?