• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vacation internationale gift point chart question

trader14

Reaction score
a family member has 105 points (doesn't expire) with vacation internationale and would like to transfer it to me. the only resorts I would likely have interest in is lake tahoe. I can't locate a point chart to see if this is enough points to use, if the charge more points during high season however they define that. Does anyone have a point chart for this resort, preferably all resorts but skiing in lake tahoe is mostly what interests me

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Vacation Internationale, Villa del Palmar, Dikhololo
a family member has 105 points (doesn't expire) with vacation internationale and would like to transfer it to me. the only resorts I would likely have interest in is lake tahoe. I can't locate a point chart to see if this is enough points to use, if the charge more points during high season however they define that. Does anyone have a point chart for this resort, preferably all resorts but skiing in lake tahoe is mostly what interests me
In very general terms, 105 points is enough for a one-bedroom for a week in high season. Kingsbury is 2-bdrm and 3-bdrm units. Prime season June 16-Sept 30; Dec 15-Jan2; Memorial Day weekend F-Sun; President Day F-Sun; Thanksgiving W-Sat = 18.5 points a night for 2-bedroom. A week = 129.5 points. Choice season: Jan 3-Ap 7>>>Fri/Sat = 18.5 pts/night, Sun-Th = 15 points/night. Value season: May 18-June 15; Oct 1-31; Dec 1-14 = F/Sat=16 pts/night and 12 pts/night Sun-Thurs. I suspect this 105-point contract is not large enough for your needs.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Tahoe Trail has 1 BR units at 15 pts/night in prime or weekends in Choice. Weekdays in the latter are 13 pts/night. The 105 contract would work for the 1 BR every year or every other year for the larger units at Kingsbury.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tahoe Trail has 1 BR units at 15 pts/night in prime or weekends in Choice. Weekdays in the latter are 13 pts/night. The 105 contract would work for the 1 BR every year or every other year for the larger units at Kingsbury.
I wasn't aware of the Tahoe Trail resort. Sorry about that. When did VI acquire it? What timeshare company was it part of before VI acquired it?

trader14

Reaction score
thank you all so much, I think I'll give it a go, hopefully getting reservations aren't cut throat but it sounds like i can get a 1 bedroom for a bit more than $100 a night sunday through thursday which would give me 2 trips a year or 1 trip to tahoe and another 4 night midweek vacation to another location. with kids grown I no longer have to live by the school calendar

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thank you all so much, I think I'll give it a go, hopefully getting reservations aren't cut throat but it sounds like i can get a 1 bedroom for a bit more than $100 a night sunday through thursday which would give me 2 trips a year or 1 trip to tahoe and another 4 night midweek vacation to another location. with kids grown I no longer have to live by the school calendar
Online reservations are closed midnight to 5 am PST. You can reserve exactly one year out. So if getting a reservation looks iffy, be at your computer at 5 am PST 12 months out exactly.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I wasn't aware of the Tahoe Trail resort. Sorry about that. When did VI acquire it? What timeshare company was it part of before VI acquired it?
I think it came with the Hawaii timeshare group. There used to be another Tahoe resort, which I think was down by the lake, and they sold off that one and replaced it with Tahoe Trails, or something. I didn't pay close attention...

hopefully getting reservations aren't cut throat
Both Tahoe resorts currently show lots of availability next Jan and Feb or early Dec. If you aren't stuck to school holidays, you should be fine.

EJC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One nice perk to owning a VI membership is bonus time 15 days out is $90/night for a 1-bdrm. A 2-bdrm is a bit more, probably $100/night. One time when I was staying at Torres Mazatlan (one of my favorite VI resorts), bonus time became available, so I extended the trip!