• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Home Only VacationHomeOnly.com VHO questions

sailor536

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone has rented a condo through Vacation Homes Only in Beverly Hills, California, please reply back if you had a pleasant experience (did you get what you bargained for) or not.

They are offering a condo in Mexico in March, and ask for a $500 deposit, and the balance due when a 2nd Internal VHO Confirmation Number if provided by VHO.

Their written contract doesn't say when I can expect the 2nd internal confirmation, but the salesperson (Nick) said 48 hours after I signed the short term rental agreement.

They have some very poor comments from past customers on Facebook, and the Business Consumer Alliance website https://www.checkbca.org/report/vacation-homes-only-100054979, but an A+ rating with the BBB. I just have a concern that they may not be able to deliver to what their salesman promises.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Ah, yes - Preston Green...

Preston Green
Vacation Homes Only
269 S. Beverly Dr. Suite 566
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

This is the issue: An "Internal VHO confirmation number" proves nothing.

You need an original confirmation issued by the resort in your name, that you can call and verify.

What resort are you renting?

Here are some posts on TUG:

1. Post
    Anyone heard of Vacation Homes Only
    ...discussion about (and even some direct input from) Preston Green over in the RedWeek discussion forums. It appears that Preston Green (dba...
    Post by: theo, Jan 30, 2017 in forum: Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses

2. Post
    It been awhile since anyone asked about VHO and Preston Green. Here are some from 2014:...
    Post by: tschwa2, Jan 15, 2017 in forum: Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses

3. Post
    [2015] Redweek dead
    ...I received 10 inquiries - 9 from Redweek, and 1 from TUG (Preston Green, so that one was immediately ignored). The funny thing was that all of...
    Post by: NTP66, Jan 24, 2016 in forum: Marriott Vacation Club

4. Post
    [2015] Redweek dead
    ...reply. I did get one reply from my Tug ad, but it was from Preston Green, and I'm not even going to go there. My ad on MyResortNetwork has...
    Post by: NTP66, Jan 13, 2016 in forum: Marriott Vacation Club

5. Post
    Possible Rental Scam
    I really can't say… ;););)
    Post by: DeniseM, Jan 2, 2015 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

6. Post
    Possible Rental Scam
    Could you be referring to one Preston Green?
    Post by: Beefnot, Jan 2, 2015 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

7. Post
    VacationsOnly: Any Experience?
    Is this the company owned by Preston Green: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204522
    Post by: DeniseM, Mar 10, 2014 in forum: Marriott Vacation Club

8. Post
    Vacation Homes Only - Has anyone heard of them?
    Thanks. That answers all my questions.
    Post by: hintok, Feb 14, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

9. Post
    Dang, you are good on names -- your post clicked as to WHO he was.... Run Denise's search, all your answers will be there!
    Post by: vacationhopeful, Feb 14, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

10. Post
    Do a TUG search for "Preston Green"
    Post by: DeniseM, Feb 14, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

11. Post
    Vacation Homes Only
    No surprise... Not an uncommon reaction to Preston Green's (ahem) "style", based upon other similar observations. :rolleyes:
    Post by: theo, Jan 9, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

12. Post
    Vacation Homes Only
    Check it out here and reach your own conclusion! http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62003&highlight=preston+green
    Post by: pacodemountainside, Jan 8, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

13. Post
    [ 2008 ] Who is Preston Green? Is he an agent of some sort? (m)
    ...I have previously spoken with (and instinctively disliked) Preston Green, but I'll nonetheless make two observations in regard to the above...
    Post by: theo, Dec 29, 2013 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

14. Post
    ...is old if the players and situation are still active. Preston Green seems like he is on the abrasive side and I may not want to do business...
    Post by: tschwa2, Dec 28, 2013 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

15. Post
    vacation homes only??????
    Search TUG for Preston Green.
    Post by: DeniseM, Oct 12, 2013 in forum: Mexico Timesharing

16. Post
    The Hidden History of a Rock 'n' Roll Hitmaker
    It's not just Carol Kaye, it's the entire group of musicians, between 20 and 30 of them, who actually made the AM radio sound of the '60s. I had...
    Post by: Mosca, Mar 12, 2012 in forum: TUG Lounge

17. Post
    Brokers are now actively seeking hawaii weeks at bargain rates
    Preston just called me tonight on a GO listing I had sent him. I've done business with him before. As long as you're in the driver's seat with him...
    Post by: MOXJO7282, Aug 22, 2011 in forum: US - Hawaii Timesharing

18. Post
    Is it Preston Green?
    Post by: DeniseM, Aug 22, 2011 in forum: US - Hawaii Timesharing

19. Post
    Vacation Homes Only for timeshare rental?
    Vacation Homes Only is a company owned by Preston Green that seems to frequent the TUG Marketplace. You can find a lot of info. about him by...
    Post by: DeniseM, Dec 28, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

20. Post
    Not necessarily... In my own prior experience with Preston Green and "Vacation Homes Only", it's actually Mr. Green (or his associates) doing...
    Post by: theo, Sep 24, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

21. Post
    Oh yeah, they always seem to offer less than your asking price (gotta make some moola themselves, of course). I guess if things aren't turning as...
    Post by: MuranoJo, Sep 23, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

22. Post
    I've never received a call from him, but I've received calls from other people who represent a "vacation club" looking for a rental for a client....
    Post by: gorevs9, Sep 23, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

23. Post
    ...into a deal.:annoyed: If you use search on Redweek for Preston Green you will find thirty postings dating back few years. It does seem...
    Post by: Phill12, Sep 22, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

24. Post
    Bringing this back, as Mr. Green is obviously still working. Too bad I gave out my phone # before checking here. I should have known better....
    Post by: MuranoJo, Sep 22, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

25. Post
    [2007] Vacation Homes Only
    A previous thread on this topic - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62003&highlight=preston+green
    Post by: DeniseM, May 27, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

26. Post
    ...In my own limited experience, I was contacted by Preston Green of Vacation Homes Only after posting a very specific location / date ad (on TUG,...
    Post by: theo, May 27, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

27. Post
    Preston Green Mr. Green's "company" (he may actually be a one man show, for all I know) is based in California and is called Vacation Homes...
    Post by: theo, Feb 14, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

28. Post
    I have been contacted by him a couple of times, and I felt like he was really pressuring me, without giving me any info. I'd get emails like,...
    Post by: DeniseM, Feb 13, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

29. Post
    Anybody have a more recent experience with these guys? I've gotten similar emails where they need to speak to me asap. If they legimately...
    Post by: RLG, Feb 13, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

Last edited:

sailor536

TUG Member
Reaction score
Denise, you are right about the "Internal VHO confirmation number" proves nothing.

I told the sales guy that I want to call the Westin Lagunamar front desk to confirm that I have a reservation in my name for March 10 through the 17, 2018.

The sales guy said that he'd be able to confirm with 48 hours after paying a $500 deposit whether I have the condo. He said he needed that time to verify with the owners who put their unit up for rent through VHO that the unit is still available.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Don't pay the deposit, until you see the original Westin confirmation in the owner's name - he can email it to you.

This company finds renters, and then they go out and try to find a rental to match your request. So he may not even have a rental for you yet. Tell him you want to see the confirmation first.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's a good article. ;)

Kventrell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort
Ah, yes - Preston Green...

Preston Green
Vacation Homes Only
269 S. Beverly Dr. Suite 566
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

This is the issue: An "Internal VHO confirmation number" proves nothing.

You need an original confirmation issued by the resort in your name, that you can call and verify.

What resort are you renting?

Here are some posts on TUG:

1. Post
    ...discussion about (and even some direct input from) Preston Green over in the RedWeek discussion forums. It appears that Preston Green (dba...
    Post by: theo, Jan 30, 2017 in forum: Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses

2. Post
    It been awhile since anyone asked about VHO and Preston Green. Here are some from 2014:...
    Post by: tschwa2, Jan 15, 2017 in forum: Ratings of Timeshare Related Businesses

3. Post
    [2015] Redweek dead
    ...I received 10 inquiries - 9 from Redweek, and 1 from TUG (Preston Green, so that one was immediately ignored). The funny thing was that all of...
    Post by: NTP66, Jan 24, 2016 in forum: Marriott Vacation Club

4. Post
    [2015] Redweek dead
    ...reply. I did get one reply from my Tug ad, but it was from Preston Green, and I'm not even going to go there. My ad on MyResortNetwork has...
    Post by: NTP66, Jan 13, 2016 in forum: Marriott Vacation Club

5. Post
    Possible Rental Scam
    I really can't say… ;););)
    Post by: DeniseM, Jan 2, 2015 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

6. Post
    Possible Rental Scam
    Could you be referring to one Preston Green?
    Post by: Beefnot, Jan 2, 2015 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

7. Post
    VacationsOnly: Any Experience?
    Is this the company owned by Preston Green: http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204522
    Post by: DeniseM, Mar 10, 2014 in forum: Marriott Vacation Club

8. Post
    Thanks. That answers all my questions.
    Post by: hintok, Feb 14, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

9. Post
    Dang, you are good on names -- your post clicked as to WHO he was.... Run Denise's search, all your answers will be there!
    Post by: vacationhopeful, Feb 14, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

10. Post
    Do a TUG search for "Preston Green"
    Post by: DeniseM, Feb 14, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

11. Post
    Vacation Homes Only
    No surprise... Not an uncommon reaction to Preston Green's (ahem) "style", based upon other similar observations. :rolleyes:
    Post by: theo, Jan 9, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

12. Post
    Vacation Homes Only
    Check it out here and reach your own conclusion! http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62003&highlight=preston+green
    Post by: pacodemountainside, Jan 8, 2014 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

13. Post
    ...I have previously spoken with (and instinctively disliked) Preston Green, but I'll nonetheless make two observations in regard to the above...
    Post by: theo, Dec 29, 2013 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

14. Post
    ...is old if the players and situation are still active. Preston Green seems like he is on the abrasive side and I may not want to do business...
    Post by: tschwa2, Dec 28, 2013 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

15. Post
    vacation homes only??????
    Search TUG for Preston Green.
    Post by: DeniseM, Oct 12, 2013 in forum: Mexico Timesharing

16. Post
    The Hidden History of a Rock 'n' Roll Hitmaker
    It's not just Carol Kaye, it's the entire group of musicians, between 20 and 30 of them, who actually made the AM radio sound of the '60s. I had...
    Post by: Mosca, Mar 12, 2012 in forum: TUG Lounge

17. Post
    Preston just called me tonight on a GO listing I had sent him. I've done business with him before. As long as you're in the driver's seat with him...
    Post by: MOXJO7282, Aug 22, 2011 in forum: US - Hawaii Timesharing

18. Post
    Is it Preston Green?
    Post by: DeniseM, Aug 22, 2011 in forum: US - Hawaii Timesharing

19. Post
    Vacation Homes Only for timeshare rental?
    Vacation Homes Only is a company owned by Preston Green that seems to frequent the TUG Marketplace. You can find a lot of info. about him by...
    Post by: DeniseM, Dec 28, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

20. Post
    Not necessarily... In my own prior experience with Preston Green and "Vacation Homes Only", it's actually Mr. Green (or his associates) doing...
    Post by: theo, Sep 24, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

21. Post
    Oh yeah, they always seem to offer less than your asking price (gotta make some moola themselves, of course). I guess if things aren't turning as...
    Post by: MuranoJo, Sep 23, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

22. Post
    I've never received a call from him, but I've received calls from other people who represent a "vacation club" looking for a rental for a client....
    Post by: gorevs9, Sep 23, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

23. Post
    ...into a deal.:annoyed: If you use search on Redweek for Preston Green you will find thirty postings dating back few years. It does seem...
    Post by: Phill12, Sep 22, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

24. Post
    Bringing this back, as Mr. Green is obviously still working. Too bad I gave out my phone # before checking here. I should have known better....
    Post by: MuranoJo, Sep 22, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

25. Post
    A previous thread on this topic - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62003&highlight=preston+green
    Post by: DeniseM, May 27, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

26. Post
    ...In my own limited experience, I was contacted by Preston Green of Vacation Homes Only after posting a very specific location / date ad (on TUG,...
    Post by: theo, May 27, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

27. Post
    Preston Green Mr. Green's "company" (he may actually be a one man show, for all I know) is based in California and is called Vacation Homes...
    Post by: theo, Feb 14, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

28. Post
    I have been contacted by him a couple of times, and I felt like he was really pressuring me, without giving me any info. I'd get emails like,...
    Post by: DeniseM, Feb 13, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting

29. Post
    Anybody have a more recent experience with these guys? I've gotten similar emails where they need to speak to me asap. If they legimately...
    Post by: RLG, Feb 13, 2009 in forum: Buying, Selling, Renting
Question re Vacationhomesonly.com and specifically Nicholas who called me to inquire re an ad I posted on TUG to rent my timeshare for a specific week. Says he has renters, agrees to pay $100 deposit via paypal, remaining rental price "by company check". Anyone have any experience - good or bad - with this company? This is my first time renting my time share. I've read the advice posts re renting, etc. but would appreciate any intel on this company.
thanks,

VB Coach

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Question re Vacationhomesonly.com and specifically Nicholas who called me to inquire re an ad I posted on TUG to rent my timeshare for a specific week. Says he has renters, agrees to pay $100 deposit via paypal, remaining rental price "by company check". Anyone have any experience - good or bad - with this company? This is my first time renting my time share. I've read the advice posts re renting, etc. but would appreciate any intel on this company.
thanks,

VB Coach

I used to say if you take a check don't change the name on the reservation for 10 business days then still confirm first with your bank that the check has cleared. But from what I've heard a check can still bounce back on you even well after that now. It costs someone absolutely nothing to send you money. You are the one paying the 2.9% PayPal charges. So what's the problem with using PayPal for the balance?

Kventrell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort
Right and so I changed the contract last night requiring an electronic payment method. Thanks for the sound advice.

WackyLucy

Reaction score

I have read enough about Preston Green and Vacation Homes Only (in both Tug and in RedWeek forums) to know that I personally would never do business with them.
You might want to read through some of that input and draw your own conclusions.

Cabo_Boater

Reaction score
From a renters perspective, here is my take on VHO.com. I found them extremely frustrating to deal with. High pressure and lots of hoops to jump through that really only protect them. At the end of the day, they did secure a unit for me that was not available anywhere else at the time. I did pay a substantial premium. Below is a summary of my opinion of VHO.com based on my experience and a little bit of research.

I believe that this is a very small business, one or two guys, that tries to portray themselves as a much bigger operation. Some examples:

When I called and asked for someone by name, the person who answered said hold on and I’ll see if he is available and then the same person came back on the phone and said that they were the person I was asking for.

They do not have a real office in Beverly Hills. They use a shipping and packaging store Beverly Hills Postal Place) that has private PO boxes as their “Beverly Hills” address. There are 212 companies that utilize the same address. See below.

Beverly Hills Postal Place has been providing a variety of business services for more than 20 years. Our most popular service is the private mail boxes with an impressive Beverly Hills street address (not a P.O. box number) in either the well known 90210 or 90212 zip codes - all with 24/7 access and worldwide mail forwarding.

They give you lots of mumbo jumbo about their company policies and procedures, but this is really just a guy that trolls Time Share owner websites and message boards and tries to get owner’s to rent their units through him at a substantial mark-up.

I have rented probably a dozen time shares and this is only the 2nd time I used a broker (1st time was Tri-West which was actually a very easy and pain free experience). I would definitely not use VacationHomesOnly.com again.