• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vacation Advice / All Inclusesive Resorts

PortableTech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings All,

I am currently trying to plan my next vacation with the family, and due to logistical reasons I have to spend at least 2 weeks outside the USA on this next trip home. I was exploring a few options that I saw on the SFX website which looked appealing as they had offers for an all inclusive Grand Palladium Punta Cana.

I am still talking back and forth with them to see if it will work as I want in the end, but the basics I am looking for is two weeks outside the USA at the End of May/Start of July. I am somewhat flexible on the start/end dates, but would like the weeks to be back to back. They do not have to be at the same resort, but if not, would like the resorts to not require additional flights to move between them. I am planning to bring the wife and older son (6) and want to make sure we either have a two bedroom or at least a setup where the master bedroom has a door we can close with a sleeper sofa. I need some time with the wife without kid eyes.

From what I have been told so far, the Punta Cana seems to have a Jr Suite that fits the bill, would cost me $600 and two of my bonus weeks for the room (was not going to use the bonus weeks anyway) and then about $1750 when I check in for the all inclusive part (covers meals, alcohol, entertainment). There is also no charge for our son as the first kid is free. We had looked at getting a 2BR at the resort, but apparently their policy states that a 2BR has a minimum occupancy of 4 people, so if we book it, we get charged for 4 All Inclusive fees, even if there are less people in the room.

This site seems to get good reviews and looks good overall, but this is the first time I have considered an all inclusive resort. The big driving force behind why I like this location so far is that it takes alot of the decision making out of being on vacation. My last trip home felt like everything was to rushed, to many decisions being made, and everyone over stressed at getting stuff done. I would think in a case like this the hardest decision anyone would need to make is what they wanted from the buffet for dinner, or what drink to order next. Also, we are quite near the Orlando or Miami airports, and as such it is a very short flight to islands in that location.

If anyone has any thoughts, advice, opinions, or would like to point out why this is a terrible decision, please feel free to chime in. This is a great group, and I have always valued the advice.

--PortableTech