• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

UVC Unlimited Vacation Club (discount Club)

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UVC
Wondering if anyone here has stopped paying for their membership and has actually been affected by them attacking your credit. Wondering if I should just not pay? Hire an attorney? Or just suck it up and pay the money? All I have into it is the down payment I gave $3800 and still owe $21500.

my payments are set to start at the beginning of the year. Any info or advise from someone who has dealt with this company would b appreciated thank you

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Wondering if anyone here has stopped paying for their membership and has actually been affected by them attacking your credit. Wondering if I should just not pay? Hire an attorney? Or just suck it up and pay the money? All I have into it is the down payment I gave $3800 and still owe $21500.

my payments are set to start at the beginning of the year. Any info or advise from someone who has dealt with this company would b appreciated thank you

My suggestion is to garner legal advice. I am guessing you have a contract. Do you have rescission rights on this “Membership”? Your contract will outline this and if there is still time, rescind as per the contract instructions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cheech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bahia Principe Privilege Club, Royal Elite Vacation Club

I have a UVC contract I bought resale a few years back. Basically what you purchased was a discount to all AM Resort properties of 25% (Secrets, Dreams, etc) and depending on level, access to the preferred amenities in those properties. Unless they gave you a TON of VIP weeks and freebies, it would be tough to recoup the $25k. If you purchased in Mexico, there's some good information about rescinding and such in the sticky's above.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UVC
I have a UVC contract I bought resale a few years back. Basically what you purchased was a discount to all AM Resort properties of 25% (Secrets, Dreams, etc) and depending on level, access to the preferred amenities in those properties. Unless they gave you a TON of VIP weeks and freebies, it would be tough to recoup the $25k. If you purchased in Mexico, there's some good information about rescinding and such in the sticky's above.
Awesome new to this site. I’ll check out the sticky’s and definitely inform on my outcome. Just wondering if anyone has suffered a bad credit score from stop payment

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Wondering if anyone here has stopped paying for their membership and has actually been affected by them attacking your credit......I gave $3800 and still owe $21500......

Is the loan in anyway connected to a USA financial entity ?

If loan is not connected to USA ; you could contact UVC and negotiate an exit ;
with them keeping your deposit. This way you could get signed off paperwork .

If you just stop paying -with no contact - it increases the chances of them selling the balance to some xx collection firm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UVC
Some paperwork shows they have offices all over. Panama Florida New York Dominican Republic

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UVC
Has anyone worked with an attorney that actually helped them get rid of the contract

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Has anyone worked with an attorney that actually helped them get rid of the contract

attorney / lawyer does not = magician . They can’t get rid of it like the Amazing Kreskin

I assume that your signature is on a legal contractual obligation .

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UVC
Hi.

We bought a timeshare in Mexico, our dilemma became the monthly payments. We also thought about stoping the payments completely but when we realized that the resort would send our debt to a collection agency in Canada, we did some research and contacted a company called PFCM.MX

They are a bilingual company who provides legal advice, we contacted them before stopping our payments, and they were able to resolve everything for us. I would definitely call them or send them an email before stopping. They will tell you what do to do, as each situation is different.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Sophia Phoenix, how interesting that with your first post you say you're in Canada but you're posting from Cancun and giving a glowing review of a company in Mexico that helps people get out of their timeshares. Sounds kind of fishy to me!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Sophia Phoenix, how interesting that with your first post you say you're in Canada but you're posting from Cancun and giving a glowing review of a company in Mexico that helps people get out of their timeshares. Sounds kind of fishy to me!
Ha ha! Good catch, Karen. Sounds like she is giving advice for her own company.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Regarding the UVCI presentation's I have been to, the resort will use Mexican financing at a high interest rate to finance the contract. They offer a big discount if you use your line of credit or pay in full, so many people do. If you financed through the resort and it is a Mexican line of credit it will not be enforceable in the USA or Canada. You will loose your down payment. You will may get intimidating calls and letters suggesting they have you but they don't have a thing that can be taken to court outside of Mexico.

Bill