• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Utah Desert Color resort

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard good things about Utah Desert Color resort.

Is that part of timeshare? Who do they trade with?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Not a timeshare. Google the name. This is a vacation rental constructed in an area of similar vacation properties in the desert outside of St. George, Utah. It is intended for large groups who need lots of beds. The minimum number of guests listed on the rental page is 8, and goes up to 44. From 3 to 9 bedrooms.

There are minimal things to do right around this location, but plenty to do in St. George and surrounding areas. But note this Desert Color area is just a cluster of buildings built at the end of a road. It serves a purpose, if you need a lot of space. But if you're an average couple or family, there are plenty of much better options in the St. George area.

Dave

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got it. Thank you.

I googled but not much info since I think it opened up this year.
The lagoon looks really nice. Is there any swimming lagoon that big around in US with timeshare exchange?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Got it. Thank you.

I googled but not much info since I think it opened up this year.
The lagoon looks really nice. Is there any swimming lagoon that big around in US with timeshare exchange?

There are multiple resorts at that location, and it appears they all share that lagoon. So when some of those very large groups are there, the space in the lagoon will be much less. Check the Google maps aerial view: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.0143881,-113.600221,759m/data=!3m1!1e3

I don't know of a larger pool overall, but as I said, the amount of swimming area you would have depends a lot on how many other people are staying there at the same time. As people start traveling again, and as other facilities in that location are opened, the place is certain to fill up, especially with extended-sized Utah families who want a lot of room. St. George is in the extreme southwest corner of Utah, so has (arguably) the best weather in the state. People use it as a destination for vacations. There are neighborhoods around town where houses with five, six, or seven bedrooms are common. Add in the strong presence of the Mormon Church around the area, and those oversized resorts will draw in a lot of people.

Dave

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the info.

Timeshare is definitely spoiled us with nice resorts in a nice area. We don't know west coast that well so we thought about exploring in that area. We have been to Zion and Bryce many times and love it over there.

I like San Alfonso del Mar resort but I think it is private resort, not timeshare and I don't think you can swim in that lagoon. Not many good timeshare with good pool.

I have been to Marriott Orlando World Center. That was the biggest I have ever seen in person.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you for the info.

Timeshare is definitely spoiled us with nice resorts in a nice area. We don't know west coast that well so we thought about exploring in that area. We have been to Zion and Bryce many times and love it over there.

I like San Alfonso del Mar resort but I think it is private resort, not timeshare and I don't think you can swim in that lagoon. Not many good timeshare with good pool.

I have been to Marriott Orlando World Center. That was the biggest I have ever seen in person.

If you've been to Zion and Bryce, you've hit two of the closest Parks to St. George. There is plenty to do around St. George, depending on the time of year. If you truly want a "big water" experience in the St. George area, then why not just go to San Hollow State Park? It's in Hurricane, Utah, a town just a few miles from StG. There is lots of water activities there. https://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/sand-hollow/

My recommendation, if you want to be in StG and at a timeshare, is to book at one of the WorldMarks there, the VRI, or one of the independents like Canyon Villas at Coral Ridge, on the road between StG and Hurricane. Really pleasant place. They're independent homes with great area views. https://www.canyonvillasatcoralridge.com/

Dave