• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Marriott Club points at other timeshare brands owned by MVCI

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to do it? I really don't have a clue.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are referring to Sheraton or Westin Vacation Clubs or Hyatt Residence Club, the answer is no.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Via II should work.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I’ve contemplated this as well as I really want access to the Hyatt in Sedona and mild interest in the resorts in Key West. The only way I’ve found is either exchanging weeks or using a points deposit for an exchange.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that we could use our points on the Marriott Owners website, but I see that option is not going to be available to us. Darn it!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that we could use our points on the Owners.marriott.com website, but I see that option is not going to be available to us. Darn it!

It is available, but you have to go through interval.
You can use the “request first” option where you retain your points until your request is fulfilled.
You can also have MVC convert your points to a week and deposit it into II to give you 2 years to use ( this is not reversible).
Exchanges to Sheratons & Westin’s are free from your II corporate account.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never deposited points. Is there an advantage to doing that other than my usual weeks deposit?

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never deposited points. Is there an advantage to doing that other than my usual weeks deposit?

The reason I had MVC convert points to a week and deposit into II was because my points were about to expire so this extended them by more than 2 years. You can‘t exchange into MVC resorts with this deposit, but you can exchange into other Marriott brands.

But again you don’t have to deposit into II, you can leave your DC points in your MVC account and place a ‘request first’ request for the exchange you want. If it doesn’t come through or you change your mind and cancel the request you can still use your points directly with MVC. You can also search the currently available inventory on II. Exchanges into Sheraton & Westin are free from the corporate account which is an advantage and also allows you to retrade freely among those brands since there is no exchange fee.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As noted, not at this time. I think it's likely this will change at some point though it's possible there will be additional costs to get access. Once there is an integrated product option, which I think is likely, there should be options just like the Trust resorts in MVC now.

ETA: I didn't think we could exchange points through II for other MVC resorts but we can currently for the related resorts. My guess is that once an integrated product is released, the other systems also will not be available through II using points.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't it kind of nutty that we can't trade Ownership points for other MVC resorts?
Why did they do that ?? What's the reasoning behind this? Any ideas Dean, or anyone else for that matter??

As noted, not at this time. I think it's likely this will change at some point though it's possible there will be additional costs to get access. Once there is an integrated product option, which I think is likely, there should be options just like the Trust resorts in MVC now.

ETA: I didn't think we could exchange points through II for other MVC resorts but we can currently for the related resorts. My guess is that once an integrated product is released, the other systems also will not be available through II using points.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Isn't it kind of nutty that we can't trade Ownership points for other MVC resorts?
Why did they do that ?? What's the reasoning behind this? Any ideas Dean, or anyone else for that matter??
I'm sure the main reason is to force you to trade internally so they have the inventory for that system.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am not sure what you mean. You can use your Marriott Vacation Club points to book other MVC resorts using the internal mechanism. You just can't trade them for other Marriott properties in II. That makes sense since they want you to use the internal trading network to use points. If you are referring to Westin and Sheraton properties, those technically are not MVC properties. They only fall under the MVW ownership.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I completely blanked out on that. Of course we can book internally with our points. Duh!!!
I am not sure what you mean. You can use your Marriott Vacation Club points to book other MVC resorts using the internal mechanism. You just can't trade them for other Marriott properties in II. That makes sense since they want you to use the internal trading network to use points. If you are referring to Westin and Sheraton properties, those technically are not MVC properties. They only fall under the MVW ownership.

tmoscola

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do you determine how many points to use? Say I wanted to request first for Harborside in Atlantis.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

Marriott Vacations Worldwide is developing an integrated points product that will allow MVC owners to use their points to book Sheraton and Westin timeshare properties and vice versa (not including Hyatt). They disclosed this fact last October during their Investor Day presentation held at the New York Stock Exchange. At that time they said the integrated program would be announced in the "latter half of 2020." I suspect, however, the major business disruption, furloughs, and layoffs within the company caused by Covid-19 have delayed the rollout of that integrated product, perhaps significantly.