• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using II to assess trade power

chrisfromOC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, and was trying to figure out why sort of trade value the lockout portion of my 2 br unit may have through II. I couldn't figure out how to do this on the II website. What do you do to see which trades your unit is capable of pulling?

Thanks.

ripshion

Reaction score
cdallas said:
I own at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, and was trying to figure out why sort of trade value the lockout portion of my 2 br unit may have through II. I couldn't figure out how to do this on the II website. What do you do to see which trades your unit is capable of pulling?

Thanks.

I will give this a shot. You might have to call II and deposit your "Lockoff" portion first. Once deposited you can do an online search with that "Lockoff" portion.

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
cdallas said:

Thanks.

You must first be a member of II. You must then have your week listed and confirmed as part of your membership. If both of these things are in place, you must create an on-line account. If you have not already done so, go to the II home page and click on the link that says "create a password." You will need your II member number. Once you have created an account, you will be able to search on-line even though you have not actually deposited your week with II.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Maui Marriott from which I have traded the studio on a number of occasions. I would think your unit would have similar trading power.

As a general guideline, I would say you would be able to trade for just about any studio or 1bdrm in II's program. You will also be able to get many great 2 BDRMs in shoulder season, and even prime season, at the overdeveloped areas like Orlando, or Williamsburg.

Some of the studio trades I've made include;

*Maui studio for a Four Seasons Aviara 2BDRM 1sty year Dec. (I would take this trade again in a heartbeat)
*Maui studio for a Marriott Williamsburg July 4th

I would think you would have similar success.

Regards.
Joe

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a different Starwood 2BR l/o but I imagine it works the same way. After you log in, click on exchange (the default is Getaways-- you have to click on exchange). Fill in your search parameters. The next screen directs you to select which of your units you wish to use to search. My choices are: 2 BR, 1 BED A, or 1 BED B. Since I can never remember which side is A or B, I just click "select" on 2 BR. The next screen asks you which portion of the lockoff you want to choose: the 2 BR master unit, the 1 BR full kitchen, or 1 BR limited kitchen. Now at WKORV, you have a studio side, so I'm guessing it will say studio instead of 1 BR limited kitchen, so you may not have to do that extra step. After that, it will bring you to the search results. You do not have to deposit anything in order to search.
~Arlene

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first issue is to figure out exactly how you must list it (unit size) to do a request first. II should be able to help you. Once you actually get the code, something like 0bed for a studio, you should be able to pick a date and search around. Then you can compare any unit size and week that you have access to. I have found the new website much easier to do this with.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Starwood II accounts are a bit different from ordinary accounts. I never had to get a code or interact with II to get my account set up. Starwood does this for you. It is not a regular II account, in that you don't pay for it (it is included in your SVN dues), it can only hold Starwood properties, and Starwood selects the unit for deposit (so trading power is a bit homogenized).
~A

chrisfromOC

TUG Member
Reaction score
MOXJO7282 said:
I have a Maui Marriott from which I have traded the studio on a number of occasions. I would think your unit would have similar trading power.

As a general guideline, I would say you would be able to trade for just about any studio or 1bdrm in II's program. You will also be able to get many great 2 BDRMs in shoulder season, and even prime season, at the overdeveloped areas like Orlando, or Williamsburg.

Some of the studio trades I've made include;

*Maui studio for a Four Seasons Aviara 2BDRM 1sty year Dec. (I would take this trade again in a heartbeat)
*Maui studio for a Marriott Williamsburg July 4th

I would think you would have similar success.

Regards.
Joe

Thanks to all of you for the help!

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
arlene22 said:
Starwood II accounts are a bit different from ordinary accounts. I never had to get a code or interact with II to get my account set up. Starwood does this for you. It is not a regular II account, in that you don't pay for it (it is included in your SVN dues), it can only hold Starwood properties, and Starwood selects the unit for deposit (so trading power is a bit homogenized).
~A
Arlene, I was referring to the code for listing unit sizes with a floating and variable unit size. It varies a little from one company to another as to how you have to put it in for the system to recognize it.