The only way it would make sense to use it is that you have points left, have no plans for using your points, it is past the pooling date, and your points will expire, and you also do not need any additional deposits in RCI (or II if that is your program.
Only if the points will truely be lost does it make sense to use it on a cruise etc.
Well if you compare points to $$ than it can be a bad deal, however they do have points sales when you are close to the sale date and the alloted cost includes staying at a nearby resort.
- can only book upto 10 months out
- Its for 2 people (but a small additional points cost for additional person)
- you can't borrow points to use, but you can rent them (within 90 day window) from Wyndam for $5 per 1000 pts if you need to
- has limited cruise lines and cruises.
- you can use PIC points for this
- the points cost is high (an off season 3 day cruise is going for 189,000 pts for 2 people w/ accommodations). oh and there is a small booking fee I believe
For me, I was going to use this when I had points that I wasn't going to use on weeks and it seemed better than paying more $$ out for a cruise.
If its worth it to you to deal in points and not $$ than go for it.
Every once in a while I just call to get an idea how much a cruise would cost in points. There is a cruise I'm considering going on the last week of the year. I figured since I have over 450K points left, why not check out the cost in points....WHAT A JOKE!
1.9 million points for a window (no balcony) room
7 days from B-More to Bahamas