• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Bonus weeks at PB Sunset Beach

lesliemerna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi! I think I first posted this in the wrong place, so I'm reposting as a new thread. We are new owners of a 2BR at PB Sunset Beach, but only every other year. I'm unclear if and how we can buy extra weeks at PBSB, either during the off years, or during our year if we want to go with other people, and whether we pay our MF, or some other outrageous fee. Does this have to be done through RCI or can it be done directly through PBSB? Also, does anyone know if we can get a 1 BR for two weeks, instead of our 2 BR for 1 wk, without going through RCI.

I'm still trying to get my head above water figuring all this out. I LOVE this BBS and TUG.

Thanks,
Leslie

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
{I deleted the other duplicate post on this topic so that it just appears once on this forum}

Welcome to TUG, Leslie, and to Pueblo Bonito ownership. I'm not aware of any special break owners might get on renting extra weeks, and I don't believe you can trade a two bedroom for two weeks in a one bedroom. If anyone has been successful in such a trade, it would be interesting to hear about it.

lesliemerna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Karen. I confess we bought the ts from the developer, so I'm aware, unfortunately after the fact, that we overpaid, but we love the place and will be happy to use it. We were given what were called "bonus weeks", and I thought I understood what that meant, but now realize I am unclear if they are actually good for anything. I thought we could use them for extra weeks at PB Sunset Beach if available, by paying an additional maintenance fee.

Do you, or does anyone else have some insight to share about this?

gobajanow

Reaction score
Leslie...call your sunset number, 1-888-909-4399 and tell them what you have and what you would like to get. This is not the general RCI number.

PBlais

TUG Member
Reaction score
Typically the bonus weeks are based in the RCI system. They get them from RCI and give them to you when you buy. Lots of places do that. Once they give them to you the piece of paper tells RCI you have them. You arrange with RCI to find the places available at the time you want to use them. It might be possible to find a week at PB Sunset Beach, but maybe not. Off season maybe but high season not in your dreams.

Bonus weeks are what is left over. Some times you get a really good one. My wife got a PB Mazatlan one time in May and RCI also had two for one in Mexico special going on so we got another bonus week in Mexico on top. The next year we used that in PV. We like Mexco off season. I think one of the best places to use bonus weeks as there is a lot to pick from.

The RCI bonus weeks work best if you are very flexible on when and how you use them. But for the $149 fee it's far cheaper than the maint fees on any decent timeshare so it is a great deal. If you want the week of Christmas then you better be prepared for someplace very far from warm weather or with anything fun.

As noted the phone number is a special operator for PB owners. They can help you do things and will spend more time with you than the normal RCI people can.

lesliemerna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the Pueblo Bonito Premier program? We have bonus weeks in that, but a on quick look at the site, pueblobonitopremier.com, it looked like there was very little inventory except for exchanges, and a lot of cruises (not my thing).

Thanks for the above replies.

L

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Leslie, we also bought Pueblo Bonito Rose from the developer pre-TUG. We use our week every year and love the place.

Are the bonus weeks you are referring to actual certificates for extra bonus weeks at the PBSB? When we bought at the Rose we did receive a paper certificate for an extra week which we used sometime the next year. We paid the MF for that week when we booked it or when we got down there--can't remember which, but we did pay the going rate for MF at the time for that extra week.

That one extra week for just a perk for buying from the development and wasn't part of an ongoing plan.

Barbeque

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
When we bought at Solmar in Cabo we were given two bonus weeks with RCI with our purchase. We found them difficult to use at other spots but we were able to use them at our own resort. We owned a one bedroom, but only were able to exchange for hotel units, we took my inlaws once and took another trip ourselves for the exchange fee which was around $ 150. Those hotel units at Solmar are beachfront with awesome views. Perhaps you can take some guests with you or extend your own week into two with the bonus week. I think we received kind of a preference into our own resort. Ill bet Pueblo Bonito is depositing developer weeks into RCI to get more traffic into the resort as they are actively selling. Also the bonus weeks may be used for some of the excess weeks that RCI has Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta come to mind. For availiblilty you could check RCI on line on the Extra Vacations and if they are the cheaper ones under $ 500 you could probably get them on the bonus weeks.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pueblo Bonito Sunset

Yes, we love the Pueblo Bonito Sunset as well. As to the premier club, I suspect that the inventory will radically increase during the low season -- summer months. RCI One on Ones last year had Pueblo Bonitos in the summer season as well. I also rented a two bed labor day rental for $700 from another timesharer on ebay last year. Ebay seller "Justgottago" often has one bedroom sunset beaches available on ebay at the last minute so there are a lot of diffeent ways to rent and/or get extra weeks. Funtime