• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using Bonus points for RCI

TRCCTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon smart HGVC folks! I hope you can help me with this question, I have searched the forum and the program docs and can't seem to find it. (probably user error, not seeing something right in front of my face!)

If I want to use Bonus points for an OGS RCI reservation, do they need to be deposited into RCI first? For example, I have an OGS in place for March of 2016. RCI is showing that I have no points to exchange, so will I not match the OGS? Not sure why it can't see my bonus points?

And if the OGS matches, am I allowed some period of time to move the points over to "pay" for the reservation?

Thanks!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
AFAIK, BP's are simply not a part of the online experience.
Are BP's listed on the member website under "My Points?"
Neither are they mentioned in the RCI point-detail page.

If you call, HGVC may be willing to set up an OGS for you.
I dunno if they'll need a deposit of BP's before you get a match.

Last edited:

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I used bonus points in 2014 and had to deposit them into RCI before I could book the reservation. I would image the same holds true for an ongoing search.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's totally non-helpful answer. When you start an OGS you pay the fee to RCI ($209?) but they don't take the points until you have a match and accept the match. At that point they'll go to HGVC and take points. What points do they take? No idea. Sorry. I'm worthless.

TRCCTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, I was afraid that was the answer. I don't want to move over the bonus points until I am sure I can make the trade that I want. I guess I will have to keep watch and see if anything comes up without the OGS.

JSparling, I don't pay the fee for the OGS, I skip that step. I learned that nugget of wisdom by searching these boards!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The reps at HGVC are pretty helpful with reminding you to use your bonus points. I'd set up the ongoing search to notify me of a match. When the match comes, I'd call HGVC and tell them to use my bonus points. Even if for some reason your club points are removed before you know you have a match, you can still call in and tell them you wanted to use bonus points and let them switch it around for you. Hilton phone reps have been very helpful to me whenever I've called in.

TRCCTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will the OGS still match?

I wasn't sure if the OGS would match if there weren't any points showing in my account. We used all our regular club points so we only have bonus points right now. Will the system just skip my OGS because it shows insufficient points?