• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Using ACs to trade back into Home Resort or other Marriotts?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was posted on a thread on the BSR board, regarding buying Orlando Marriotts:

I think you should find out if II gives any ACs for Orlando in prime season (presuming that's what you'd buy). If yes, you can deposit your Orlando week, get an AC, use it to trade back to Orlando and still get 2 for 1....

I have some questions about this post.

1) The ACs I get with my (non-Marriott) weeks say they can not be used to trade back into the home resort. I believe this restriction often applies to resorts within the same management group, too. Does this rule apply to Marriotts? In other words, can a Marriott AC be used to trade back into the home resort? Can it be used to trade back into other Marriotts?

2) Do any Orlando Marriotts give ACs? If so, can the ACs be used to trade into non-Marriott resorts in Orlando, or does the Orlando geographical restriction prevent that?

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know the answer to some of your questions since I don't own in Orlando but I do know that you may trade into another Marriott with your AC as I have done that. I have never tried trading into my home Marriott but it does say on the face of mine that that is not permitted.

Jan

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
JudyS,
I don't know about Orlando either, but I own at Manor Club and have traded an AC from the Sequel (MSE) for the original side (MMC) before without a problem. I don't know if you can do this with Grande Vista (MGV/MGR) or not, but you should be able to trade back into any of the other sites in Orlando unless there is a blackout for the entire area.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
An Olando Marriott AC can not be used to trade back into the home reseort. There are also regional restrictions on trading into non - Marriotts in Orlando. However, you could use it to trade into other Marriotts during the times on the grid (e.g. May, Sept, Oct). Holdiays are blocked even within the 60 day window. I also would not count on getting an AC. We have only received one once (this year) and there is no guarantee that it will continue.

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at Grande Vista and have used ac's to trade back into Grande Vista and Cypress Harbour. I have never noticed any restrictions, except not being able to get Disney resorts.

After going back and checking my account. The ac's that I used were from another resort.

Last edited:

toni3063

TUG Member
Reaction score
The current AC that I have states that I cannot use it at my home resort. I spoke with II (Marriott desk), and the vacation advisor confirmed this. She said I could use it for any of the other Hilton Head Marriott's. Are there different types of AC's or will some vacation advisors let you use it at your home resort?

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
ann824 said:
I own at Grande Vista and have used ac's to trade back into Grande Vista and Cypress Harbour. I have never noticed any restrictions, except not being able to get Disney resorts.
ACs were given for Marriott Grand Vista and I believe CH for weeks 1BR and larger from 2/1 to 4/16/06....

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
They might have changed this now so you cannot trade back into your own resort. I own at Barony Beach and 2 years ago I traded back into my own resort. Only restricition was on the AC was the season, with AC you cannot trade in HHI during summer unless you book within 60days. So I had to go in May instead.
If you think about it, the whole purpose of giving out AC is so you deposit your week with II and give up your week in your resort. So I was actually very suprised that I could trade back into my resort with the AC back then.

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was doing searches with my Cypress Harbour AC until 1 month ago, when I matched at Shadow Ridge. I was able to see Grand Vista and the other Orlando Marriotts, but not Cypress Harbour. I was also able to see an assortment of other Orlando 5 star timeshares, but not DVC. Hope that helps.