• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Used car buyer commercial

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't know if this company is everywhere in the US, but it is in NC and VA. Has anyone sold their car to "We buy any car".

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, but my sister used Peddle.com with great success, and I've tried those online things where you get offers from local dealerships. I never ended up selling to any of them, so I don't know if they would have worked out. My sister says Peddle.com was great.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty safe bet that they don't pay much more than easily available 'wholesale' price. It wouldn't hurt to get an offer, but if you're selling a higher end, or low mileage 'creampuff', you'll do better selling it yourself. (purely my opinion)

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty safe bet that they don't pay much more than easily available 'wholesale' price. It wouldn't hurt to get an offer, but if you're selling a higher end, or low mileage 'creampuff', you'll do better selling it yourself. (purely my opinion)

Or if you just want it gone, you can donate it. We donated a car to our local NPR station once. https://careasy.org/npr-car-donation

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Peddle.com. Thanks for the tip. Did you ever notice there is a web site (or two) for almost everything.

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked peddle.com. What a joke. They offered me $600 for my 2007 Pontiac G6, convertible with $62K original miles. No body damage. Perfect working condition.

I get it, its an older car. "We buy any cars" offered $2750. KBB states $3K for a trade-in and $5K to sell it myself.

Peddle.com can go peddle their services elsewhere.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
I just checked peddle.com. What a joke. They offered me $600 for my 2007 Pontiac G6, convertible with $62K original miles. No body damage. Perfect working condition.

I get it, its an older car. "We buy any cars" offered $2750. KBB states $3K for a trade-in and $5K to sell it myself.

Hi Rosebud5,

I'm curious, if you took your car to CarMax or AutoNation what their offers would be. I think it would be more than your offers so far.

Richard

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score

They're all over the place. They offered a very good price on one of our cars, but not a lot on the others. My sister's car had been badly damaged in an accident and they paid a very good price for it, because it was only about a year old.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would just sell it yourself. We had a couple of well-maintained older cars with low mileage, and I just put them up on my Facebook page and asked if anyone knew of anybody who was looking. They both sold pretty quickly and painlessly. People are always looking for inexpensive, well-maintained older cars.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
peddle is a joke nobody would laugh at! I just ran my pickup on it and it returned $6,760. KBB returned $12,500 to $18.500.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I had decent offers from Carvanna and Zoom. With both of these online dealers they want to pick up my trade when they deliver the car. I have 7 days to return the car and have no idea what would happen to my trade. I think they keep it and send a check. We didn't proceed with either. I'm still leaning on heading to Vancouver Canada for a used car. Just waiting for the right deal and a lower CAD to USD rate.

Bill

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I sold my car on Facebook Marketplace. In the past we used Craigs List.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
I had decent offers from Carvanna and Zoom. With both of these online dealers they want to pick up my trade when they deliver the car. I have 7 days to return the car and have no idea what would happen to my trade. I think they keep it and send a check. We didn't proceed with either. I'm still leaning on heading to Vancouver Canada for a used car. Just waiting for the right deal and a lower CAD to USD rate.

Bill

Just remember that if you buy a Canadian car its speedometer will be in kilometres per hour either solely or more prominently and the odometer will be in kilometres. You will also have to pump the gas in litres (just kidding on that last one!!...:p).

I know it is done in both directions, but not sure what regulations (and additional costs) might apply to import it into the USA. :ponder:

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Nobody pays more than wholesale, including Carmax. You may get a better value on an older vehicle that has low mileage from a new vehicle dealer if trading. Only because they are always looking for low priced vehicles for their used lots. Most of them will never keep a high mileage vehicle.

It’s not rocket science to figure out a wholesale price on the internet. Use the kbb.com site and search for a trade value on your vehicle. Spec your vehicle out and then select a category condition at least one below what you really think. I say one below because people always think their vehicles are in better condition than what they really are!

NewEr vehicle wholesale price is coming strictly from auction runs nowadays. Dealers use to go by the black book but I’m not sure that’s used by anybody other than small independents anymore.

Brett

Reaction score
I agree you'll do better selling it yourself - craigslist or FB marketplace
But it doesn't hurt to check what carmax offers

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree you'll do better selling it yourself - craigslist or FB marketplace
But it doesn't hurt to check what carmax offers

This may or may not be true depending upon what State you are doing business. Some States have very strong Lemon Laws and Consumer Protection Laws, and you may be better off trading it in to avoid liability from a private sale.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, if you took your car to CarMax or AutoNation what their offers would be.

A couple of years ago my Son took his 2 year old Mazda3 to CarMax. They gave him a firm offer which said in writing that they would hold it open for X days (I don't remember the number) but told him he might do better selling it to a Mazda dealership. They were right. The Mazda dealer offered him about a thousand dollars more. All in all it seemed to us that dealing with CarMax provides a reasonable alternative if one is looking for a quickie sale...

George

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
One CarMax customer to another CarMax customer, "So how much did they screw YOU out of?"