• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Use caution when attempting to exit a timeshare

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a group of Missouri companies that seem to be interconnected by owners and directors. Wyndham has decided to target these guys in an attempt to push back on the "exit companies." https://tug2.net/news/wyndham-lawsuit.pdf

I'm sure they are feeling the heat. :mad: Brian Scroggs and Vacation Consulting Services seem to be in the crosshairs.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

webpatty

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Taino Beach
I got screwed by VCS fraudsters. I've filed complaints with the Missouri and Florida attorney generals and the FTC. Does anyone know of a class action suit against these people?

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patty,

I would also encourage you to file a complaint with BBB. I do not know of any class-action suits against VCS.

If you are looking for a way out of your timeshare, BBB (and TUG) suggests you reach out to timeshare company to see if it has a deed-back or return program. These are becoming more popular among the big timeshare sales operations.

There is a lot of information on TUG about exit strategies. Our office issued a study last year about the timeshare industry in Missouri, which includes information about exit strategies.

webpatty

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Taino Beach
I've already file a complaint with the BBB in Missouri. They keep insisting on being paid for doing nothing. They should be in jail for what they're doing. I'll check out the TUG study.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've already file a complaint with the BBB in Missouri. They keep insisting on being paid for doing nothing. They should be in jail for what they're doing.

That's why we here on TUG recommend reporting to the appropriate Attorney-General. Many here on TUG will tell you that filing a complaint with the BBB will accomplish nothing for you except for venting. The BBB has no authority or power to arrest or imprison these fraudsters. All that you've accomplished by filing a complaint with the BBB is that VCS will get a lower rating and maybe a bad rap. Once VCS gets an F rating, it will just likely shut down shop, reopen under another business name, possibly establish itself again with the BBB, and then continue to scam people again claiming it has an A rating with the BBB.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Just stay away from Timeshare Cancellation Companies period.

Many timeshare companies now have programs to get you out of your contract for a small fee. They have learned that not offering a reasonable way out for folks costs them money in the end. If people (especially those owners out of country) stop paying they can threaten all they want. They cannot touch out of country credit reports as they are domestic in nature, suing is fruitless due to jurisdiction nightmares, many states offer non judicial, anti deficiency rules rendering their charge more later useless and suing is just plain expensive anyway.

They are realizing it’s better to negotiate than refuse an out and threaten.

So, deal with them on your own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OldGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
some
STLBBB:

Do you expect Stormy Point Village to clean up their act now that Pay Joyce/Summerwinds has sold it . . . or is he not out of the picture?

Scammiest, sleaziest sales practices ever, even worse than Wastegate.