• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upgrade Comments

JMSH

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded our 2B/lock off (we locked it off) from Grande Vista for 1 week in Marriott O.C. in Aruba two weeks ago and also have exchanged into Marriott Heritage Club in August 2006. Two weeks before we go to Aruba II call and offer to upgrade to a two bedroom unit for $85 more for the week, when our confirmation came in for HH we also got a two bedroom unit. Are these exchanges and upgrades normal? or is it just beginners luck on our part?

JBRES1

TUG Member
Reaction score
1 for 2 bdr

Well I wish that II would upgrade me, but they don't.
The Aruba is a gift from the II GODS, take it and run.
The Hilton Head exchange is just an exchange, the resort only has 2 bdr units.
The HHI exchange is a way for you to get more for your studio unit. Pick only resorts that have larger units than you are giving up, and you will be upgraded if the exchange comes thru. Don't plan on getting a summer HHI week for a studio unit, but off season can and does work.
When I owned at the GV resort, I would trade my studio unit thru II and get back into the GV resort in a 2 bdr unit during non peak time. We love going to Orlando in Oct. and the studio exchange pulled it every time. We also traded it to the Horizons Orlando in October getting a 2 bdr unit for our studio. Well those were the days , now my oldest is in high school, so no Oct. vacations ( can't miss school and homecoming)
Jim Breslin