• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated Waiohai pictures and mini-review (m):

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Here are the pictures... it starts with photo #105. I also put in some Kauai Beach Club pictures:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2824539020041821303OENyNo

A couple things I've noticed since our last visit in Aug 2005.

The resort is in great shape.

The Marketplace Pizza oven didn't look like it was being used. I never asked since, we like Brick Oven Pizza.

It was much more crowded this time around. Lots of chair hogs but you could always find a chair. In fact, one day we saw some pool crashers. They used the pool and then, instead of getting their own towels wet they grabbed some off a chair of person saving the chair.

There is no longer a kid's club for babysitting but this might be the case at all Marriotts. They did have Maze activities.

One of the pools was labelled as the quiet pool.

The week prior we stayed at the Westin in Princeville and I noticed Marriott provided more supplies like extra paper towels, 7 dishwasher packets, toilet paper (we ran out at the Westin as we got 2 rolls for the entire week in a one bedroom), etc..

The ocean is definitely rougher this time of year. One day my 7 year old couldn't even handle the waves. Oh, don't step on the rocks out there not all of them are rocks (some are sea turtles).

We ate at the bar twice (food just okay). We did the breakfast buffet on the last day and it was perfect. We ate dinner in the restaurant as well and definitely not worth it but convenient as it was pouring down rain. They even had entertainment.

Per the sales person there are 1000 weeks left. We did not do the tour.

Anyways... any more questions let me know.

Tina

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
pool/beach towels

Tina,

How are they currently distributing beach/pool towels? When we were there two years ago they distributed them in the room so you were forced to use the same towel each day unless you washed it or paid for new ones. Has that changed?

auntdef

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tina,

We'll be at KBC next week and Waiohai the week after. I don't usually cook but I'm thinking of grilling this time......do either of the resorts have (supply) long utensils for grilling?? I overheard guests complaining about that 2 years ago (at Waiohai).

Mahalo (I'm getting in the mood),
Stephanie

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tina,

How are they currently distributing beach/pool towels? When we were there two years ago they distributed them in the room so you were forced to use the same towel each day unless you washed it or paid for new ones. Has that changed?

We got 8 towels in our room. During the tidy day service we were not in the room and had 4 towels with us. So, they gave us 4 more towels. So, we had 12 towels. I didn't have a problem washing them so, I was okay with it.

We had stayed at the Westin Princeville the week before and though they have towel service they gave you very few extra supplies. We got 2 packets of dishwasher soap, 1 paper towel roll (and they did not replenish at tidy service), 2 toilet paper rolls, very few cooking supplies, etc.. Nothing got replenished at mid-tidy service. I don't get the dishwasher soap thing because you gotta wash the dishes. I know, people are too cheap to buy more soap so, then you just end up with dirty dishes. Waiohai gave us 7 packets of dishwasher soap.

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tina,

We'll be at KBC next week and Waiohai the week after. I don't usually cook but I'm thinking of grilling this time......do either of the resorts have (supply) long utensils for grilling?? I overheard guests complaining about that 2 years ago (at Waiohai).

Mahalo (I'm getting in the mood),
Stephanie

I'm not sure about KBC since we just walked around there.

Waiohai has 2 grill areas. They had supplies at the grill areas. My guess is that the guests are the ones taking the long utensils back to their room. I doubt they are in short supply. You could call housekeeping to request more utensils if needed. If you do BBQ go early like 5 pm or later like 7 pm because it can get crowded.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tina,

Thanks for the pictures. They are beautiful! We will be there in about 7 weeks.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great photos, I miss it! :) I am really hoping my trades come through. I really want to go back!