• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update on new properties

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I spoke briefly with a salesman today about the new properties Hilton is taking over:

Myrtle Beach: Elite members may book now. It will be open to everyone in early 2013.
Planet Hollywood, Vegas: 1200 units, coming online in 2013.
Kings' Land phase 2: 1 & 2 bed units, opening in Q1, 2013.
All of these are at the lower points scale.

He also said Hilton is looking at buying at least some Marriott properties, especially in Kauai and Maui, now that Marriott has spun off its timeshare division and pretty much destroyed it with the points debacle. Keep in mind this info came from a salesman, but I'd love to see that happen.

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I spoke briefly with a salesman today about the new properties Hilton is taking over:

Myrtle Beach: Elite members may book now. It will be open to everyone in early 2013.

He also said Hilton is looking at buying at least some Marriott properties, especially in Kauai and Maui, now that Marriott has spun off its timeshare division and pretty much destroyed it with the points debacle. Keep in mind this info came from a salesman, but I'd love to see that happen.

Thanks for the post -- interesting stuff!! I love when salesman give us fodder....

Marriott couldn't give up Waiohai on Kauai -- and Kauai Beach Club is integrated with the Marriott hotel. But Kauai Lagoons?? That would be terrific to see part of HGVC (I'll buy into the nonsense for a bit).

As for Maui -- well, it can't be the (sold-out) Marriott Ocean Club, that's the jewel of the Marriott timeshares. But I understand that Marriott had an accepted offer for one of the Kihei timeshares and was going to renovate it. I don't recall which one, but perhaps there is a Hilton play there?

Please note: I don't believe any of this, but it is interesting to think about.

Best,

Greg

PS -- Why can't they speculate about the Caribbean! Barbados? St. Maarten? Drat.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Really? Hilton is going to buy Marriott properties? Talk about taking a few facts (spinoff, Marriott going to an OPTIONAL points program) and letting their imagination go wild.

At least he didn't exagerate or speculate on the properties coming online. Sure it'd be nice to be elite and book them now but, all our 2012 reservations have been made and we're already looking to 2013. Another timeshare in Vegas (PHT makes #4) is no big thrill. Myrtle Beech would be nice if it wasn't so expensive for to get there. :zzz:

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
What...

...no talk of tower 3 & 4 at the LV Strip location!!!

I am shocked!!! ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the OP saying that Hilton is purchasing Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach, SC ?

What a stretch on the imagination by the salesperson.

Sound like this sale person is going to sell his Mercedes for a Yugo.

Last edited:

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the OP saying that Hilton is purchasing Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach, SC ?

What a stretch on the imagination by the salesperson.

Sound like this sale person is going to sell his Mercedes for a Yugo.

No, Hilton acquired a condo in MB (not Marriott's OceanWatch) and converted them into timeshare units.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Marriott couldn't give up Waiohai on Kauai -- and Kauai Beach Club is integrated with the Marriott hotel. But Kauai Lagoons?? That would be terrific to see part of HGVC (I'll buy into the nonsense for a bit).

As for Maui -- well, it can't be the (sold-out) Marriott Ocean Club, that's the jewel of the Marriott timeshares. But I understand that Marriott had an accepted offer for one of the Kihei timeshares and was going to renovate it. I don't recall which one, but perhaps there is a Hilton play there?

Please note: I don't believe any of this, but it is interesting to think about.

I don't believe it either, but it's interesting speculation.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, at my last owner's update in Dec. 2011, the sales guy said they were adding one in Chicago. Haven't seen/heard anything that confirms that.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would buy the first system to open a timeshare inside the Chicago Loop. Well, as long as I could buy resale within that system. ;)

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I wish HGVC would go into the Caribbean, starting with Puerto Rico where they already have a nice resort. They have a ton of affiliates in SW Florida, so even affiliates in the Caribbean would be a start.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I wish HGVC would go into the Caribbean, starting with Puerto Rico where they already have a nice resort. They have a ton of affiliates in SW Florida, so even affiliates in the Caribbean would be a start.

Agreed -- Caribbean would be a great addition, hopefully they will listen to us on TUG (repeating it for the Nth time).

Best,

Greg

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)

All of these are at the lower points scale.

:hysterical: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hysterical:

No way will Marriott sell MOC :p

TS Salesman :shrug:

But, I don't know why HGVC doesn't have any affiliates on Maui :confused:

Last edited:

rfb813

TUG Member
Reaction score
We attended an owner's review yesterday. The sales rep indicated the Myrtle Beach and Planet Hollywood openings as well as indicating that they are buying a resort in Tuscany and have a new resort on Waikiki. No mention of any Marriott purchases.

Fairfax

Reaction score
We were at a sales presentation at HHV on Jan 27. The sales manager said they will be announcing something on Maui very soon. He bought up the subject without any questioning from us.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Kings' Land phase II

Units are smaller in phase II, hence the lesser points scale. No one could tell me if they will be less luxurious or not.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Units are smaller in phase II, hence the lesser points scale. No one could tell me if they will be less luxurious or not.
But would they have access to the rest of Kingsland's amenities (super pool, etc.)?

Kurt

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were at a sales presentation at HHV on Jan 27. The sales manager said they will be announcing something on Maui very soon. He bought up the subject without any questioning from us.

Okay -- I have absolutely no basis for this idle speculation -- again, this is purely for sport, not something that I have any reason to believe.

But.......there are over 100 developer units that are unsold at the Honua Kai property in Kaanapali. I've visited it when we went to Duke's and it was beautiful (and the amenities were stellar as well).

Could HGVC take over the unsold units for a new HGVC Maui? Or would they not do this because some of the units have already been sold?

I would think the developer would have legal exposure from some of the buyers who now would have to share the facility with timeshares?

Is there any precedent for such a thing?

Again, no basis for this theory....just trying to think of ways that HGVC might become active in Maui.

Best,

Greg

itradehilton

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as this is just for sport:

It would be great to have a Maui property, as for taking over management of a partially sold resort I'm sure they would follow the procedures used when they took over sales at Marabrisa in Carlsbad, Anderson in Mrytle beach and the new vegas property from Westgate.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Okay -- I have absolutely no basis for this idle speculation -- again, this is purely for sport, not something that I have any reason to believe.

But.......there are over 100 developer units that are unsold at the Honua Kai property in Kaanapali. I've visited it when we went to Duke's and it was beautiful (and the amenities were stellar as well).

Could HGVC take over the unsold units for a new HGVC Maui?

Again, no basis for this theory....just trying to think of ways that HGVC might become active in Maui.

Best,

Greg

That would be amazing and make HGVC even more valuable! And save me a ton of Hilton hotel points I've been saving for the Grand Wailea on Maui.