• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update on Hubby's lymphoma

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
He had his first chemo treatment on Tuesday. It went really well. He did not have any side affects during the treatment. Boy it sure was a long day. It took 7 hours, they said since he did so well , that the next ones will be faster, they give the first one slow so that if he reacts they can adjust the chemo druigs. The only side affect he has had so far is a slight cold, which they feel is a reaction to the prednisone. He took the last one of those this AM, so if it's that it should clear up in a day or two. Otherwise it is a slight head cold and they will have to watch it carefully as their big concern during treatment is infections.

I also wanted to thank all of you who sent prayers and advice our way as we truly did need it.

God Bless all of you.

Suzanne

Last edited:

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne, I hope and pray that he continues to do well, and that the chemo will be absolutely successful. I also hope that you both can stay strong, and positive about the outcome. It is said that attitude has a lot to do with it I'm sure you know that, already. Hugs and prayers... Jean

taffy19

Reaction score
Suzanne, both you and your husband are in my thoughts. We don't know how blessed we are when we are healthy until something goes drastically wrong. I don't know much about lymphoma and hope it doesn't hurt. Thank goodness, many people get this type of lymphoma in remission and live a normal life. I wish your family the best and strength.

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne

That's great news. So happy to hear it.

My first chemo treatment was the worst and it wasn't so bad. It got easier after that. Thank heavens for the wonderful anti-nausea drugs they have now.

Htoo0

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's hoping things continue to go well. We're thinking of you!

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suzanne,

My mother is going through chemo for uterine cancer and her side effects hit on the third day and it feels like she has the flu = aches all over and exhaustion. Did DH have any of that?

Prayers for healing coming your way.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please keep us posted, you know we are l thinking of you and wishing you the bes.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is day 6, Hubby still has what appears to be a slight cold and he feels very tired today. They told him to expect the tiredness and to take frequent rest breaks, which he is doing. He sees the Oncologist tomorrow afternoon for the followup to his first treatment. We will ask about the cold and fatigue at that time. Otherwise he is doing well.

Diane, I,m so sorry to hear your Mom is having those side affects with the chemo. Hopefully they will disappear soon. I will post after Hubby sees the Doctor about the cold and fatigue.

Suzanne

pammex

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our prayers and thoughts continue to go out to you both.....hang in there and keep your chin up....

we are here if you need to vent, sometimes it is harder on the spouse to be strong and such......lot of stress so be sure to take care of yourself as well..

candles remain lit in Mexico for you both...hugs!!

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
Suzanne,
Please keep us posted, I am continuing to pray.

Dorene

Diane,
My mother had advanced stage 4 or 5 Ovarian Cancer in 2000. She is still alive today and cancer free after eight years; three years after the five year benchmark. The cancer was all over her peritoneal, on her intestines, and a few large tumors on her sternum. God did a miracle through the doctors who treated her! There is hope!

I had meet a nurse (by usual circumstances while I was going into surgery) and we started talking I told her my mom had Ovarian Cancer. The nurse had also had Ovarian Cancer. She told me to tell my mother to request Zofran from the doctor and do not accept a substitute. It gets rid of nausea and vomiting. My mother requested and never had a problem with nausea or vomiting for her entire time of Chemo. It was a divine meeting, because that drug really helped my mother like the nurse said it would. Her doctor also put her on high doses of vitamins to help with fatigue. He is a great doctor Dr. Chen, graduated from Stanford, and works at Stanford Medical Hospital in Palo Alto and at the Women's Cancer Center Los Gatos.

My mom said that tireness is normal, and a part of the side effects from chemo. Keep her away from crowed places, small children (tend to carry more germs) and this is a time to rest, and eat good nutritious food to keep her strength up and yes we all heard this ...keep a positive, hopeful attitude.
God bless and I will put you and your mother on my prayer list too.
Dorene

dmharris

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dorene,

This is my mother's third bout with cancer. She's 87 and ornary, which is good! She goes to the Cleveland Clinic for treatment and I'm confident she is getting the best there is. AND my SIL is a retired registered ICU nurse. We got lucky with her! My brother's third marriage was the charm!