• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update - Living the Dream in Yellowstone!

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I've had a few more adventures that I've blogged about . . . plus an emotional day in Grand Teton National Park.

I really enjoyed Virginia City/Nevada City, Montana a couple of weekends ago! If you haven't been, it's worth a day trip!

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a few more adventures that I've blogged about . . . plus an emotional day in Grand Teton National Park.

I really enjoyed Virginia City/Nevada City, Montana a couple of weekends ago! If you haven't been, it's worth a day trip!

Thanks for the enjoyable and interesting posts. I didn't see Schwabacher Landing.

I read about it on TripAdvisor. It was made famous by Ansel Adams.
Posters recommended going about 7AM to get nice reflections.
We were there Labor Day 2019.
If you haven't been there, here's a photo that I took at 9:30AM with a point and shoot Nikon.

schwabacher1.jpg

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the enjoyable and interesting posts. I didn't see Schwabacher Landing.

If you haven't been there, here's a photo that I took at 9:30AM with a point and shoot Nikon.

View attachment 63624
Looks liked a oil painting.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

View attachment 63624

That is an amazing photo. I'm not sure exactly where it is or how much of a walk/hike it requires. I'll have to look it up next time I'm down there. Earlier this summer, someone did get this image WITH A MOOSE in the water! He said in his Facebook post it was "the shot of a lifetime" he had always hoped to get. I think this link will take you to the photo.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Isn't Virginia City, Montana, a cool town? We spent half a day there about twenty years ago, on our way driving toward Yellowstone. Interesting history.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Never been to Virginia City, MT, BUT have been to Virginia City, NV more than once. That's a cool place.

It's a small place on the way to other small places. But they've worked hard to make it into a place worth visiting. This image shows it in the upper left corner, with West Yellowstone, Montana, in the lower right corner.

Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 1.39.05 PM.png

Dave

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Another stop further west from Virginia City is Big Hole National Battlefield. It's 4 hours from W Yellowstone so may be more of an overnight trip vs day trip. It is one of the spots that makes up the Nez Perce National Historic Park with sites from NE Oregon, WA, ID and Montana (and I think part of their journey went through Yellowstone). I found Big Hole to be particularly poignant and interesting and highly recommend it. The drive through Big Hole (essentially a high valley) between Highway 93 and I-15 was very scenic in early Sept with harvest in full swing. There are multiple loop options that would also include some Lewis and Clark spots as well.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Isn't Virginia City, Montana, a cool town? We spent half a day there about twenty years ago, on our way driving toward Yellowstone. Interesting history.

Dave

YES! I thoroughly enjoyed my day there. You know how I love American history . . . and "the west" so it was a wonderful visit.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Another stop further west from Virginia City is Big Hole National Battlefield. It's 4 hours from W Yellowstone so may be more of an overnight trip vs day trip. It is one of the spots that makes up the Nez Perce National Historic Park with sites from NE Oregon, WA, ID and Montana (and I think part of their journey went through Yellowstone). I found Big Hole to be particularly poignant and interesting and highly recommend it. The drive through Big Hole (essentially a high valley) between Highway 93 and I-15 was very scenic in early Sept with harvest in full swing. There are multiple loop options that would also include some Lewis and Clark spots as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have a few more weekends left out here, so maybe I can make it one of my last adventures before heading home in October.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
>>>It's a small place on the way to other small places.<<<
Dave

That's a great way to explain it, especially if you're not really thinking "on purpose" of going there.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Have you explored Earthquake Lake? We found it very interesting. It is best to start at the Visitor Center on the West End. Then work your way East, stopping at many of the interesting sites.

dago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion! I have a few more weekends left out here, so maybe I can make it one of my last adventures before heading home in October.
I assume you will be making some side trips on the way back home. Is little Big Horn battlefield on the itinerary?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is an amazing photo. I'm not sure exactly where it is or how much of a walk/hike it requires. I'll have to look it up next time I'm down there. Earlier this summer, someone did get this image WITH A MOOSE in the water! He said in his Facebook post it was "the shot of a lifetime" he had always hoped to get. I think this link will take you to the photo.

I love that moose photo.

Schwabacher Landing is about 1/3 of the way south from Moran to Jackson.
The parking area is at the end of a fairly short access road on the west side.
It's a short walk to the photo area, but there is also an easy flat loop type hiking trail that's ok.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I assume you will be making some side trips on the way back home. Is little Big Horn battlefield on the itinerary?

I will be heading east from here when I leave, so detours through Badlands NP is almost a given. I've done Little Big Horn a few times, including just last summer.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you explored Earthquake Lake? We found it very interesting. It is best to start at the Visitor Center on the West End. Then work your way East, stopping at many of the interesting sites.

Yes, actually just on my trip home from Virginia City a few weekends ago. I still need to blog about it :)

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Thanks for the reminder. I just did a blog post about this!

Hopi

Reaction score
Last edited:

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I just caught up on reading your blog posts. Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and experiences. I love hearing about your interactions with the people you’re encountering, especially the kindness of the woman who gave you a hug just when you needed one.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just caught up on reading your blog posts. Thanks for taking the time to share your photos and experiences. I love hearing about your interactions with the people you’re encountering, especially the kindness of the woman who gave you a hug just when you needed one.

Thank you for taking to time to read them. I'm glad you (and others) are enjoying my travels and experiences.

That woman's kindness and empathy will never be forgotten.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Timeshare Von

What do you think about the following:
Watch: Kevin Costner vows to 'show the world who we are' in 'Yellowstone' S5 teaser - UPI.com
"The 15-second teaser showed various members of the Dutton family, looking concerned and preparing for conflict as wealthy patriarch and cattle ranch owner John Dutton (Kevin Costner) can be heard in voice over saying, "We'll show the world who we are and what we do."

I have enjoyed the show from an entertainment perspective. From a factual basis, some here locally do not watch nor like it.

People who live in Paradise Valley (where the ficticious Yellowstone Ranch is) . . . really dislike the show . . . or so I'm told.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

I enjoyed reading your blog Von. It's almost a tear jerker. I'm definitely a person that gets more of spirituality boost in natural surroundings too.

Bill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Great work, Von! But it begs a question I keep asking: Is this Summer everything you hoped it would be?

Dave

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great work, Von! But it begs a question I keep asking: Is this Summer everything you hoped it would be?

Dave

THAT my friend, will be a blog for another day :)

I definitely have some thoughts on it, as of today . . . with just a few weeks left here. But I want to give the appropriate time for reflection before committing my thoughts to words.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Despite life bringing unexpected challenges…like major floods…it seems you've been able to still visit lots of amazing places. But how do you compare that to what you'd been expecting to do? It seems it will be hard.