• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update in Margaritaville Nashville

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We had our update at Margaritaville Nashville this morning. Spent several hours doing it and ultimately felt like we were providing education in how Wyndham works. Sales pitch was based on our not having "activated" something we were entitled too last year to get another 200K or 300K points for free and make it to platinum; our credit card rewards for everything we would spend in a year plus the value of the Wyndham Rewards we would get by doing updates would cover the cost ($193 per thousand points for CWA). Rep had never heard of telesales. Margaritaville CWS in Rio Mar was an option for the same cost, but MFs quotes are higher than CWA. Thanked them and said no, leaving with a $125 AMEX. Also stocked up on half-and-half packets for our coffee in the room for the rest of the weekend.

Had a latte and a breakfast sandwich from Starbucks as part of the presentation. Coffee in Austin was much better. Coffee here was from a Bunn coffeemaker and they lock up the presentation area when they aren't open, but we were able to get extra coffee ground packets and filters from front desk, plus a couple free margarita coupons.

Not much new info - another Margaritaville going in in Atlanta that will have timeshare access and possibly a couple somewhere in Hawaii. The one in Belize will just be hotel. Nothing new on Privileges, of course.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scratching my head and thinking Why? Hard to believe anyone would waste more then one hour of vacation time let alone several hours listening to a sales pitch filled with half truths and lies?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Scratching my head and thinking Why? Hard to believe anyone would waste more then one hour of vacation time let alone several hours listening to a sales pitch filled with half truths and lies?

Scratch and wonder to your heart's content. Some of us have different values and priorities and seek to learn what they can from whatever source is available. And then share the information with other TUGGERs without regard to sniping from some about the whole thing. Half truths may contain some nuggets of value and you might be better off appreciating the efforts of folks willing to do the dirty work than marvelling that anyone would do it. Enough said on that subject, though I only briefly checked the posting in the event there was something of value rather than a scoffing comment re: me wasting my time (not yours) and I will return to ignoring such. Please add no more scoffing to me thread as that is something I find much more wasteful than combing through the sales presentations for worthwhile information to share. No doubt some are interested even in the meager tidbit that they're giving $125 for attendance here now, which was about all I got out of it.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hard to believe anyone would waste more then one hour of vacation time let alone several hours listening to a sales pitch filled with half truths and lies?

I say why waste two hours in the AM with a coffee cup reading the paper (while waiting for others to rise and shine) when I could be making enough 'cash' to pay for one or two dinners' out!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scratch and wonder to your heart's content. Some of us have different values and priorities and seek to learn what they can from whatever source is available. And then share the information with other TUGGERs without regard to sniping from some about the whole thing. Half truths may contain some nuggets of value and you might be better off appreciating the efforts of folks willing to do the dirty work than marvelling that anyone would do it. Enough said on that subject, though I only briefly checked the posting in the event there was something of value rather than a scoffing comment re: me wasting my time (not yours) and I will return to ignoring such. Please add no more scoffing to me thread as that is something I find much more wasteful than combing through the sales presentations for worthwhile information to share. No doubt some are interested even in the meager tidbit that they're giving $125 for attendance here now, which was about all I got out of it.
Thanks for taking one for the team! :shrug:

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
I say why waste two hours in the AM with a coffee cup reading the paper (while waiting for others to rise and shine) when I could be making enough 'cash' to pay for one or two dinners' out!
That's exactly my thinking. I have a pretty laid back personality and I have all the knowledge I need about Wyndham from reading this very forum for 8 years, so nothing they say tempts me or bothers me. But I completely understand how others would consider it a horrible experience.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
It's worth your time if you don't have a joint membership . I just attend them without my significant other because he's not on my ownership. That way the kiddo can sleep in and I get an easy $100-125. I always just say if I'm going to make a purchase, I know to buy telesales after I have 2 three bedroom PICs to enroll.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any pluses staying at Margaritaville Nashville rather than by the Grand Ole Opry location other than it's located downtown?

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
We're looking forward to a stay at that downtown Margaritaville location in July. We expect room to be smaller but look forward to the downtown convenience.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Location is the primary advantage. You can get there from airport on the #18 bus and back for $2 each way; valet parking is $42, though the lot next door is just $20. Very limited cooking facilities in rooms - just a microwave, coffeemaker and a blender; might have been a toaster, too.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Location is the primary advantage. You can get there from airport on the #18 bus and back for $2 each way; valet parking is $42, though the lot next door is just $20. Very limited cooking facilities in rooms - just a microwave, coffeemaker and a blender; might have been a toaster, too.
Do you know the name of the parking lot next door? We’re staying at Margaritaville next month and I want to see about reserving a parking space. Tia.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There wasn’t a name on it; just a large dirt parking lot with a sign saying it was $20. Plenty of others around that area as there are lots of event spaces.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know the name of the parking lot next door? We’re staying at Margaritaville next month and I want to see about reserving a parking space. Tia.
Just pay the $42 Valet you deserve it. While on vacation there is no need to stress or worry about $20 a day. Maybe attend the presentation for free parking if the $ for valet is a deal breaker.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just pay the $42 Valet you deserve it. While on vacation there is no need to stress or worry about $20 a day. Maybe attend the presentation for free parking if the $ for valet is a deal breaker.

Do you ever post anything positive? Every post of yours is a snarky comment aimed either at Wyndham or another TUGger. Are you trying to get ignored by as many members as possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any pluses staying at Margaritaville Nashville rather than by the Grand Ole Opry location other than it's located downtown?
You can catch one of those peddle bars first thing in the morning and kill two birds with one stone . Exercise while getting smashed.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
There is $5 per day parking in the Library lot downtown. I don't know if they allow overnight parking or not. It's my "go to" when I'm downtown.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is $5 per day parking in the Library lot downtown. I don't know if they allow overnight parking or not. It's my "go to" when I'm downtown.

Thank you. I’ll check into that.

Harry

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
List of parking attached. Valet maybe your best option.
Thank you. I actually looked at this earlier today and we’re just going to have to decide if we want to save a little money or pay for the convenience. We’ll be there for the SEC Basketball Tournament. I seriously doubt that we’re going to need the car but it would be nice to have it there if we do. Just a decision we’ll have to make.

shorts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Points
Morritts Tortuga Club (9 wks) Grand Cayman

Here’s the information to reserve the lot right across the street from the resort. There are no in/outs though. It’s just a 24 hour fee but unless you’re there for a week and planning some area site-seeing, you really don’t need your vehicle.

The website is www.premierparking.pmreserve.com/facility/ and the lot address is 504 6th Ave South

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
The Library lot has raised it's rate, but it is still $20 per day. It is less if you go in after 6 pm. Unless they have changed it, the metered spots on the street are free after 6 pm. They are "well hunted" and hard to find, but worth it.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here’s the information to reserve the lot right across the street from the resort. There are no in/outs though. It’s just a 24 hour fee but unless you’re there for a week and planning some area site-seeing, you really don’t need your vehicle.

The website is www.premierparking.pmreserve.com/facility/ and the lot address is 504 6th Ave South
This is great. Thank you. We’ll be there Wed-Sun and I don’t anticipate needing it. There is one restaurant we usually go to that isn’t walking distance but we could take an Uber for that.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is great. Thank you. We’ll be there Wed-Sun and I don’t anticipate needing it. There is one restaurant we usually go to that isn’t walking distance but we could take an Uber for that.
I have found Uber is a better deal unless you are doing a lot of driving and sightseeing. For the best rates on rental cars Costco cant be beat. I am a Budget Fast Break member and can't rent from Budget cheaper then Costco's Budget Rate

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Since we are talking margaritaville......anyone ever stay at margaritaville grand cayman?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Longterm parking at the airport and take an Uber from there.