• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Update from Oceana Palms

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Hello, all. We checked in here on the 25th and have enjoyed a relatively painless experience here. Though the main adult pool was closed...

20200625_161620.jpg

...the other pool was pretty quiet as the resort was still pretty low on occupancy, and the beach was open...

20200625_161634.jpg

You could easily social distance on the beach and at the pool. As of the 25th Palm Beach County instituted a mandatory mask rule for inside and outside spaces where you can't social distance. Adherance has been all over the place (we wear them when we're outside our villa moving around the property, but take them off to swim or whatever). Some are wearing them pretty religiously, some are basically not wearing them at all. The first day MVC staff was enforcing the rules but now not at all.

Services were limited at restaurant / snack bar / adult beverages but everything seemed to be going well. Until yesterday, when Palm Beach County (along with most SE Florida counties) decided to close the beach for the 4th of July weekend. So we got this notice today...

20200701_133507.jpg

This is going to be a hot mess here. For those of you who have been here, the resort amenities footprint is very small relative to the number of units (I think like 168 2BRs or so if my math is right), and the resort has filled up noticably in the last two days. I can see people camping out for pool spots like concert tickets back in the 80s.

We leave tomorrow so we're not impacted. All in all we've had a great week here. The staff is doing great considering the circumstances. Perfect weather (though hot as *##%!!) with NO RAIN. We had some hazy skies from the Sahara Dust Cloud earlier but that's it. Low to mid 90s and humid. We haven't ventured out locally other than supplies when we got here, minature golf in Jupiter (only people there) and lunch at Ocean 3800 at the Marriott up the street and some ice cream at the shop next to Two Drunken Goats at the shopping center. It's more crowded at the grocery store than the airports, and our flight was about 60% full and I held my breath for two and a half hours :banana:

Kinda of glad to be exiting South Florida with all the spikes down here. I'm defintely not a alarmist relative to COVID (obviously, as we got on a plane...), but seeing the news footage locally of bar activity and everyone ignoring mandates isn't very reassuring.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I'll be there in a month and hopefully we are moving toward re-opening rather than closing up.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you are leaving, but feel bad for those checking in. This is a tough year. We booked a couple of weeks this summer in various Florida resorts, including a week at Oceana in August. We are crossing our fingers things settle down....

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
Will be at Oceana Palms in November...thanks for the update

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Wow, those reservation restrictions will make lining up for Palapas at Marriott Aruba Surf Club seem like a walk in the park!? Is the 8am time slot gonna really Be in demand?
What a mess is right! Is Ocean Pointe Available for use as it has a bigger footprint and capacity for use of pools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, all. We checked in here on the 25th and have enjoyed a relatively painless experience here. Though the main adult pool was closed...

View attachment 22761

...the other pool was pretty quiet as the resort was still pretty low on occupancy, and the beach was open...

View attachment 22762

You could easily social distance on the beach and at the pool. As of the 25th Palm Beach County instituted a mandatory mask rule for inside and outside spaces where you can't social distance. Adherance has been all over the place (we wear them when we're outside our villa moving around the property, but take them off to swim or whatever). Some are wearing them pretty religiously, some are basically not wearing them at all. The first day MVC staff was enforcing the rules but now not at all.

Services were limited at restaurant / snack bar / adult beverages but everything seemed to be going well. Until yesterday, when Palm Beach County (along with most SE Florida counties) decided to close the beach for the 4th of July weekend. So we got this notice today...

View attachment 22763

This is going to be a hot mess here. For those of you who have been here, the resort amenities footprint is very small relative to the number of units (I think like 168 2BRs or so if my math is right), and the resort has filled up noticably in the last two days. I can see people camping out for pool spots like concert tickets back in the 80s.

We leave tomorrow so we're not impacted. All in all we've had a great week here. The staff is doing great considering the circumstances. Perfect weather (though hot as *##%!!) with NO RAIN. We had some hazy skies from the Sahara Dust Cloud earlier but that's it. Low to mid 90s and humid. We haven't ventured out locally other than supplies when we got here, minature golf in Jupiter (only people there) and lunch at Ocean 3800 at the Marriott up the street and some ice cream at the shop next to Two Drunken Goats at the shopping center. It's more crowded at the grocery store than the airports, and our flight was about 60% full and I held my breath for two and a half hours :banana:

Kinda of glad to be exiting South Florida with all the spikes down here. I'm defintely not a alarmist relative to COVID (obviously, as we got on a plane...), but seeing the news footage locally of bar activity and everyone ignoring mandates isn't very reassuring.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy.

How many check in point do they have in place now and how many check-in point, will be needed to handle new arrival to the resort, in the future?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
How many check in point do they have in place now and how many check-in point, will be needed to handle new arrival to the resort, in the future?
Best as I could tell there are four check-in stations, usually 2 or 3 of them had staff. Never saw another person checking in besides us. With only like 150 or so units there I don't think that'll be an issue. There were also markings on the floor for social distancing purposes, one family on an elevator at a time and we never had to wait for one more than one cycle, so maybe a minute at most wait in the Sunset building. There was never a wait at the Marketplace and maybe one or two people at Reflections. I never felt there wasn't enough staff to handle the guests.