• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Update - DD's baby born April 12, 2013 - 2 lb.]

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an adorable miniature grandbaby! He weighs 2 lbs, but looks perfect. His lungs are working - he let out a cry when he was born. 28 1/2 weeks, and will be in the NICU for several months.

Her condition was heading downhill again, so they decided to do a c-section asap. She was clearly better after the delivery than before - BP heading back down etc.

I get to sleep in my very own bed tonight, then will trade off hospital time with DSIL.

I know there are likely some rough spots ahead, but I'm very optimistic :)

Congratulations ! So relieved to hear the happy news. The NICU nurses, docs and family will see baby through.

Remember that dynamite comes in small packages, too !

Love to Mum, Baby, Dad and you.

-

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a week! e-ticket ride with all the trappings.

And you got that wedding over and done with to boot. ;)

Congraulations, Grandma PJ!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So happy to hear he arrived safely. Name? And hopes for a speedy recovery for DD.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Wonderful news! Praying that all continues to go well and praising God for this new little one.:whoopie:

Our son-in-law was a two-pound baby over 30 years ago, and he's the father of our precious first grandchild who is now 7 mos. old.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Congratulations Grandma and to the Family. Prayers that all will go well from here on.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prayers and best wishes for a good outcome all the way around for all!
:)

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Congratulations and hugs and tiny hand and foot squeezes to the new mom, dad, baby, and grandma (mima, mom mom or what ever you will be called).

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Congratulations to all of you. Nothing like being a grandma! Here's hoping for smooth sailing ahead.

momeason

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats to all. I hope your new grandbaby and your daughter strong quickly.

Nancy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats. Hope all goes well for all of you.

Nancy

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Congratulations!

So glad to hear all is going well. Sending good thoughts, prayers, virtual chocolate and virtual hugs your way. Keep us posted.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Congrats to all!! Enjoy that Grandson!! Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for both. Let the good times roll............:rofl::rofl:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Try to relax, get some sleep, and then enjoy the ride...congrats to all!

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the birth and wishes for continued good health.

Good day for a birth - My oldest daughter born on April 12, 1990.

taffy19

Reaction score
What an emotional time for you but with a happy ending.

Congratulations to all of you and a big welcome to the new baby.

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Prayers & chocolate are coming your way. So sorry to hear your DD is having such a rough time.

Suzanne

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
my 29 weeker preemies were born April 13 also--12 years ago. Best wishes. Modern medicine in NICU is amazing. Also, a practical note--if there is not excellent insurance for baby in the NICU, I think baby based on birthweight qualifies as "disabled" under Social Security and when signed up, medicaid will pay bills, but it starts when signed up, not at birth---so ask social worker at hospital ASAP to sign up. My son qualified at 2.9 lbs, but DD at 2.13 did not. I did not sign up b/c we had an HMO that paid the bills and I did not want the hassle---but something to consider--as I think it does not kick in until baby is signed up. my info is from 12 years ago--but social worker would know info. Those extra few days in the hospital with the meds made a big difference in your new grandbaby's life. Many Moms don't get that chance. Congrats. Feels free to pm me about any preemie stuff---mine were there for 52 days--so I pretty much saw it all. Elaine

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Babies just have a way of rearranging your life!

PJ - best wishes for continuing positive outcomes. Your daughter made it through. Grandson is here.

My daughter-in-law was a 26 week preemie. She is such a blessing to our lives. Rose is not "healthy" --- she has some breathing problems. But she is not ill either.

HUGS!!!

elaine

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!

There will probably be many challenges ahead for both baby and mom, but I'll say a prayer that they aren't too severe.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations, Grandma! Best wishes to your DD and SIL. Welcome to the world, precious baby.

Dori

AKE

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Insurance coverage as a dependent no longer applies?

Expecting a 2 pound baby at any time, DD and DSIL had a quickie private hospital wedding yesterday, as they really wanted to be married before the baby comes. It was very sweet, DD in her hospital gown with a row of about six hospital bracelets going up her arm (her, baby, various allergies, etc), and DSIL in his jeans and comfy t-shirt. Fortunately they had already gotten the license and rings.

You mentioned earlier that DD has medical coverage as a dependent with you if the baby is premature. If she got married, and especially before the birth, then she would no longer be a dependent and could be hit with big bills. You may want to check this out very carefully and hope that the insurance company does not get wind of the wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
You mentioned earlier that DD has medical coverage as a dependent with you if the baby is premature. If she got married, and especially before the birth, then she would no longer be a dependent and could be hit with big bills. You may want to check this out very carefully and hope that the insurance company does not get wind of the wedding.

And the baby needs to be added to whichever health insurance within the first few days to qualify for coverage. [Political comment deleted. - SueDonJ, Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: