• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

UPDATE - $25 credit for ALL AMEX holders - Nov. 26th only (not just Starwood)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It looks like this is for ALL AMEX holders.

AND - This offer is good for ALL small local businesses that accept AMEX - NOT just the ones on Facebook.

You can ignore the Facebook list of restaurants - it's merely a list of restaurants with Facebook pages..

-------------------------------------------------------------

This is the real deal - I did it last year.

If you and your spouse have cards with different numbers, you can each get the offer by registering each card separately: https://www.facebook.com/SmallBusinessSaturday?sk=app_183558821725512

Small Business Saturday: American Express wants to help you make a difference. Get a one-time $25 statement credit when you register an eligible American Express® Card and use that Card for a purchase of $25 or more at a small business on November 26th. Registration is limited. Terms and Conditions apply

Note that you must REGISTER each card separately.

Yes, the announcement is on Facebook, but the registration link takes you to AMEX, and AMEX sent me an email with the Facebook link - so no worries.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
i wonder, do small restaurants count, pizza, bagel shops?

If you go to the link, you can search for participating merchants in your area.

*Correction - you can search for small businesses with Facebook pages - it doesn't list ALL participating merchants.

Qualifying merchants:
Eligible small business merchants are independently owned small businesses located in the United States that accept the American Express Card. Purchases made at large or national chain stores, at franchised business locations and at government agencies are not eligible. Prepaid, Corporate Cards and ExpressPay transactions are not eligible.

Last edited:

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i did, really some strange small businesses are listed. dentists, ob/gyn, lasik, and many other place i could not possibly see myself "shopping in" the saturday after thanksgiving.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i did, really some strange small businesses are listed. dentists, ob/gyn, lasik, and many other place i could not possibly see myself "shopping in" the saturday after thanksgiving.

My area has lots of retail and restaurants on the list. Last year we used it at our favorite neighborhood restaurant.

I'm looking at the info. on the page again - I think that just lists local businesses with Facebook pages - I don't think other small businesses are excluded from participating. And as I recall, that's what we decided last year, as well.

Eligible small business merchants are independently owned small businesses located in the United States that accept the American Express Card. Purchases made at large or national chain stores, at franchised business locations and at government agencies are not eligible. Prepaid, Corporate Cards and ExpressPay transactions are not eligible.

Same offer from last year - http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135575&page=2

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I must admit, I was concerned about entering my credit card info on this link. But, I logged into my AMEX page and found a link on the secure site that took me to the same place (which is also HTTPS), so I registered. Could end up being a free meal for us! Thanks for the info!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping - in case you missed this great offer!

DebBrown

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I signed up the whole family. This is a great promo. There are tons of local restaurants, stores, etc. that we can visit. Last year I also got the credit for online purchases.

Deb

saluki

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just registered, thanks Denise.

I see free pizza in my future. Will be a nice break from leftover turkey, I'm sure!

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a very nice idea. I just registered our cards.

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some gas stations listed in our area! Nice since we will we returning from a long trip on that day....free gas and free lunch! :)

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this just for Starwood AmEx holders? IIRC, they did this promotion last year for all AmEx holders. I think it's a great way to support local business in this economy!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is this just for Starwood AmEx holders? IIRC, they did this promotion last year for all AmEx holders. I think it's a great way to support local business in this economy!

I'm not sure - I received it from Starwood - click on the link and see if you can register.

Please let me know if you can, and I will change the title - Thanks!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it worked with my trusty Costco AmEx as well! Might also be worth posting something in the Hilton forums for those with HH AmEx cards.

For us, this means $75 of free stuff. Woo-hoo! :D

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks - I will up date the title and thread!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
only one resturaunt near me that qualifies, but its got great food! thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brian - ALL small local businesses that accept AMEX qualify. The list is misleading - that's just a list of your local businesses on Facebook.

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! Hubby's favorite restaurant and mine are both on there but we aren't going to be in town.. :eek: We'll have to check out where to go in SC!

SherryS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This promotion is for ALL AM EX card holders! Ours is the Delta Skymiles. All small businesses, restaurants, gas stations, etc. qualify. The businesses listed on website are just those with facebook pages that Am Ex knows about. Be sure to register both your card and your spouse's card if you have different card numbers under one account. Then be sure to use each card once at a small business on Sarurday, Nov. 26, 2011.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Thanks for posting this! I just registered my Costco Amex and my Macy's Amex. - Jacki:clap:

MRSFUSSY

Reaction score
Is this deal

:shrug: a $50. purchase, then Amex issues credit for $25. ?

Seems like I remember that from last year.

And the answer is...................

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's purchase $25 and get $25 credit!

I need to register my cards and I am a bit wigged out by the fact that it's a facebook link. Anyone have a direct Am Ex link?

Thanks! Katherine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is spend $25 and get $25 credit.

The link on Facebook will take you to AMEX to register - you don't actually have to register on Facebook. (They are just promoting it on Facebook.)

Or, if you log into your own AMEX Acct. - you will see the same link there. :hi:

Last edited: