• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unload Wyndham Timeshare

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
I currently have 665,000 points deeded at Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach. What is the best way to essentially give these away? We just want out. Thanks for any help.

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
I’ve been told we don’t have enough points for Ovations. We need 700,000. Any instructions on how to give away on here? Any help is appreciated. Just need to get out of this.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give it back to Wyndham through Ovations or give it away for free on TUG marketplace.

https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/happening/news/ovation-by-wyndham.page?
It will be quicker to give back through Ovations if they will take them. You also may receive up to 3 years free use with no maintenance fees if you bought thru developer. Wyndham will take back deeds points with less then 700,000 also. Link with Ovations info and Phone #
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/happening/news/ovation-by-wyndham.page

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some here have given contracts back through Ovations that were under 100,000 points.
I think you’ve been given bad advice on the size of contracts that Ovations will accept

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
Salesperson at Towers on the Grove North Myrtle. Do you think this is inaccurate?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Salesperson at Towers on the Grove North Myrtle. Do you think this is inaccurate?

Salesman LIE. Call Ovations. You will only be able to give it back if its paid in full. If you still owe on the purchase then you will have to pay it off before selling or giving it away.

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
You were told *by whom*? (We've never heard of a minimum before, AFAIK)

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
Salesman LIE. Call Ovations. You will only be able to give it back if its paid in full. If you still owe on the purchase then you will have to pay it off before selling or giving it away.
It has been paid in full for probably 10 years

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
It has been paid in full for probably 10 years

Then you can absolutely give it back through Ovations. If you bought from the developer originally you may even get a couple years of free use, before they take it back.

You can also likely sell it for something here on TUG. The MFs will dictate what its value is to some other owner. This will take longer than giving it back through Ovations, but you may make a little money and you would not be giving it back to Wyndham for free, so they can re-sale it again for full price.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently have 665,000 points deeded at Ocean Blvd Myrtle Beach. What is the best way to essentially give these away? We just want out. Thanks for any help.
You may also call one of Wyndham's preferred resellers they may pay you a minimal amount for the deed and cover all closing costs. I used Timeshare Broker Associates. I had 4 deeds transfer with them from start to finish total time to transfer out of my account 5-6 weeks . They transferred them as fast as giving it back thru Ovations.
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/owner-101/learning/featured-resellers.page?

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
You may also call one of Wyndham's preferred resellers they may pay you a minimal amount for the deed and cover all closing costs. I used Timeshare Broker Associates. I had 4 deeds transfer with them from start to finish total time to transfer out of my account 5-6 weeks . They transferred them as fast as giving it back thru Ovations.
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/mycw/owner-101/learning/featured-resellers.page?
This is awesome info. So you had a good experience through them?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then you can absolutely give it back through Ovations. If you bought from the developer originally you may even get a couple years of free use, before they take it back.

You can also likely sell it for something here on TUG. The MFs will dictate what its value is to some other owner. This will take longer than giving it back through Ovations, but you may make a little money and you would not be giving it back to Wyndham for free, so they can re-sale it again for full price.
Time to transfer will vary on how fast deed is prepared, how fast deed is signed, notarized, returned and recorded, this usually takes 4-5 weeks using LT Transfers. Then the big mystery becomes how long does it take Wyndham to transfer it internally once they receive transfer fee and a copy of the recorded deed. If no problems arise with the way deed was prepared, notarized and dated it is taking Wyndham currently in the 6 week range to transfer ownership internally.

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
Let me ask you this....they talk about notating our account. Since we talked to them about buying points to get to 700,000 and we declined would they have notated our account and then we get declined if we called ovations?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me ask you this....they talk about notating our account. Since we talked to them about buying points to get to 700,000 and we declined would they have notated our account and then we get declined if we called ovations?

So they were trying to sell you points so you “qualify” to give away the points?!? That may be a new low for the sales weasels.

They can put any note on your account they want. It doesn’t make you ineligible to give it back to them.

Never believe sales weasels lies!! Just call Ovations and start the process if you all you want to do is be rid of the points.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
What are your MF? I mean for each of the contract.

tigergdav97

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Resorts
So they were trying to sell you points so you “qualify” to give away the points?!? That may be a new low for the sales weasels.

They can put any note on your account they want. It doesn’t make you ineligible to give it back to them.

Never believe sales weasels lies!! Just call Ovations and start the process if you all you want to do is be rid of the points.
Yes, that is exactly what they were trying to do

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Last edited:

uscav8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
... give it away for free on TUG marketplace.

Horrible advice.

Ocean Blvd (especially that many points) carries value due to its highly desired ARP and decent MF rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Horrible advice.

Ocean Blvd (especially that many points) carries value due to its highly desired ARP and decent MF rate.

OP trying to unload as fast as she could. Yes, she might be able to get for $2k, but that might incur three months MF at $330/month to find willing buyers.

Right now, we don’t know if the TS is Club Wyndham blended MF with Ocean Blvd as a home resort, or Ocean Blvd is the home resort with $5.1/1k pts pricing.

Last edited:

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do,

DO NOT PUT A STRANGER'S NAME ON YOUR DEEDS.

I was just giving away a couple of deeds and I had this scam come up many times. Don't do it.