• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unlimited Vacation Club - we need help!

Alga

Reaction score
I am not sure that it is a right part of forum, but I will ask.

We bought memberships with Unlimited Vacation Club on January 11, 2019, in the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana).

Now we know that we had 5 days to cancel our contract, but we already late.

Any chances to do something by ourselves to avoid payment of 50% of our contact? Or better to hire lawyer right away?

Also problem is that they moved us in different hotel (we had all benefits from preferred club - dinners and etc.) and gave us 4 vouchers ($100 each).
We ready to pay for our hotel and these vouchers, but how to do everything right?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are indeed between a rock and a hard place. You bought for the club's benefits, took the benefits, and now you don't want to complete the payment. Is this the situation? We think of this as a travel club, not a timeshare. You don't actually own anything. There is no deed. So therefore, they can't foreclose on you. I think you are under some obligation to pay for the benefits you received. How you and they come to agreement on how much you pay is the thing here. You can probably just stop paying, and except for some nasty, threatening letters that likely have little legal value, eventually, they will keep what you have paid and this whole episode will be a dim memory. I recall a thread from UVC some time ago where the president of UVC said something about not wanting unhappy customers. Do a TUG search with the full name of UVC in the box. I can't tell you how it you can find it, or if it will matter in your case.

Good Luck! We try to ear warn people not to entangle themselves in foreign vacation clubs and to understand that those 5 day cooling off periods are for their protection, but if folks don't find the info in time, we cant help.

Hiring a law firm or one of those upfront fee, 'get you out of your timeshare' outfits will just have you spending more money without any more chance of satisfaction than you have now.

Jim

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that your are out of luck. If you put initial 50% on your Credit Card, you might try to dispute the charge. If you wrote them a check for the initial 50%, try to get your Bank to reverse the charge. If you think you will use the club, suck it up and use it. If you don't think you will ever use it, just stop paying. If you authorized them to charge your Credit Card in the future, close the card. If you authorized future charges to your Bank Account, close the account...A lawyer will do you no good and will just cost you more money...

George

Alga

Reaction score
You are indeed between a rock and a hard place. You bought for the club's benefits, took the benefits, and now you don't want to complete the payment. Is this the situation? We think of this as a travel club, not a timeshare. You don't actually own anything. There is no deed. So therefore, they can't foreclose on you. I think you are under some obligation to pay for the benefits you received. How you and they come to agreement on how much you pay is the thing here. You can probably just stop paying, and except for some nasty, threatening letters that likely have little legal value, eventually, they will keep what you have paid and this whole episode will be a dim memory. I recall a thread from UVC some time ago where the president of UVC said something about not wanting unhappy customers. Do a TUG search with the full name of UVC in the box. I can't tell you how it you can find it, or if it will matter in your case.

Good Luck! We try to ear warn people not to entangle themselves in foreign vacation clubs and to understand that those 5 day cooling off periods are for their protection, but if folks don't find the info in time, we cant help.

Hiring a law firm or one of those upfront fee, 'get you out of your timeshare' outfits will just have you spending more money without any more chance of satisfaction than you have now.

Jim

Yes, we bought travel benefits. We paid down payment from credit card and started already dispute. we got money back on credit card, but temporary, as the bank said.

We have to pay our monthly payments from June. If we will not Pay it, any changes that they will sell is to the collector company.If yes, how to deal with it?

Alga

Reaction score
My guess is that your are out of luck. If you put initial 50% on your Credit Card, you might try to dispute the charge. If you wrote them a check for the initial 50%, try to get your Bank to reverse the charge. If you think you will use the club, suck it up and use it. If you don't think you will ever use it, just stop paying. If you authorized them to charge your Credit Card in the future, close the card. If you authorized future charges to your Bank Account, close the account...A lawyer will do you no good and will just cost you more money...

George

Even if we started dispute we can close card?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim and I gave you a similar take on your situation. There is not much more we can do. Now it is your job to take the ball and figure out your best course of action...

George

Mattdaddy67

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UVC
My wife and I bought a 10 year UVC club program in November of 2016... the economy of western Canada stinks, so we haven't had the opportunity to travel, and to top it off, UVC keeps nickel and diming us to death... I don't think we have any recourse to get out of this thing... we've paid a lot into this and haven't received the benefit we thought we could use... any useful ideas?