• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Universal Studio Ticket Info

ajhcmaj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to buy Universal Studio Tickets online. The have this special 2-Day 2-Park Ticket - Kids FREE & 3 Days FREE. So If I buy 1 adult ticket, I get one child ticket for free. In addition I get 3 free days, so it is a total of 5 days...... I have two questions

1) Does this mean the child ticket has 5 days as well

2) Can I give the remaining balance (I know it is consecutive) to someone else. We are going witha group and most likely everyone isnt going to do stuff the same days. Just dont know if they take a photo of you and give it back to you with the remaining balance.

Thanks

sheila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought these tickets and we used them between Christmas and New Years. I bought them online and they have no expiration date meaning you can use them years from now however they do expire 4 day after first use nor do they specify child or adult so my 12 and 13 year old used them, (I went to guest services to verify this) and when we went to the park they didn't make us sign them or do anything else we had a remaining day so we gave them to a family we meet from London.

Sheila

SBM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Could either of you please post the name of the website where you found these tickets and do you know if they are still available?

Detailor

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sara said:
Hi, Could either of you please post the name of the website where you found these tickets and do you know if they are still available?

Go directly to the ticket purchase page at http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/ticket_landing.html?__dest=ticket_landing.TOP

The top of the page includes this option at $99.95 for two days of admission to both parks. In all, there are three options available at this price...
Kids free and three free days,
Three free days, or
the non-expiring option for the two days, use one now and one any time in the future or hold both for some future use together or separately.

Dick Taylor

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good deal here...

This is a good deal especially if you have kids. My son is coming to visit us while we are at our timeshare. It would have cost him $100 for him and another $100 for his 6 yr old son. Under this scenario it amounts to buy 1 and get 1 free. They were planning on skipping Disney and doing Universal anyways.

frenchieinme ;)

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
sheila said:
I bought these tickets and we used them between Christmas and New Years. I bought them online and they have no expiration date meaning you can use them years from now however they do expire 4 day after first use nor do they specify child or adult so my 12 and 13 year old used them, (I went to guest services to verify this) and when we went to the park they didn't make us sign them or do anything else we had a remaining day so we gave them to a family we meet from London.

Sheila

Sheila, when you purchased online, did they mail them to you or did you pick up upon arrival? Do they charge for mailing?

Did they really tell you at guest services that a 12 or 13 could use them when you asked specifically?

Can I give the extra child ticket away to someone else - or is it somehow linked with the adult ticket I purchased?

sheila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased them online, I had them mailed to me ( this may be important because when I picked them up at the park in December 2004 they did specify child and adult they had the same offer going in 2004), and I could give them to anyone.

Sheila

radconjohn

Reaction score
universal tickets

I bought them online and they have no expiration date meaning you can use them years from now however they do expire 4 day after first use

So, does this mean that you can activate these tickets at any time after you buy them, but when you do, you have to use them within 4 days after activation or first initial trip to the parks?? Not quite sure what you mean. Because I am looking to get tickets to Universal also. :confused: Could some one please clarify and help!
Thanks!

Jwerking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach Club, Marriott Summit Watch, Port of Call (HHI), Mayan Palace
radconjohn said:
So, does this mean that you can activate these tickets at any time after you buy them, but when you do, you have to use them within 4 days after activation or first initial trip to the parks?? Not quite sure what you mean. Because I am looking to get tickets to Universal also. :confused: Could some one please clarify and help!
Thanks!

If you look on line for the offer we are talking about: 2 day/2 park for $99 adult ticket - you will get a free child's ticket and they will give you 3 extra days of admission. The online offer states that the tickets must be used by Dec 31 2006 (not good forever as indicated by someone).

So they are good for 5 consecutive days from activitation (or initial park use)- for example, if you activated on Jan 1 - the tickets are good for 5 days thru Jan 5th - whether you only go 1 day or 3 days or all 5 days.

They are not good for 5 uses forever, if that is what you are thinking. Only 5 CONSECUTIVE days.

JeanneB

Reaction score
Go to the US/IOA forum on the Disboards - there's lots of talk about these buy 1/get 1 free tickets. Also, Phamton and several other members on there swear that even though the website states an expiration date the tickets do NOT expire.

Here's the link...

www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum/Founder. Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling). WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I bought two Universal passes on hotwiresavingsclub.com

The passes were $95.01 with taxes and we exchanged them at the parks for two annual passes, one that is a preferred annual pass for the free parking. We only paid $89 for the upgrade for both of our annual passes.

The original passes were good for seven days but would expire six days after the first day of use. We want to go to Universal for our next trip and thought they gave us a great price for the upgrade. We were very happy with our deal, plus we can now park for free.

Parking is up to $9.00 at the parks in Orlando. :eek:

SBM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you purchase these 2 day/ get 3 days free/ tickets from Universal can you re-enter the park after leaving it on the same day? For example if we go to Universal Studios in the morning and decide to leave for what ever reason, can we go back on the same day/night and will it still be considered the first day's use?
thx

Detailor

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sara said:
Does anyone know if you purchase these 2 day/ get 3 days free/ tickets from Universal can you re-enter the park after leaving it on the same day? For example if we go to Universal Studios in the morning and decide to leave for what ever reason, can we go back on the same day/night and will it still be considered the first day's use?
thx

Yes and yes. The tickets for this promotion are two-park tickets (like Disney's park hoppers). Yes, you can leave and re-enter on the same day, either same park or the other park. As you go out through the exit turnstile make sure that you get a handstamp.

Dick Taylor

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Universal tickets and free kid

I purchased these tickets a few weeks ago over the phone and had them mailled to me at no extra charge. I did not want to order on line because they had to be picked up at some machine (Keosh (spelling)something like that)

They DO NOT specify adult or child. The ticket says admit one guest. They do, however, specify that they are non-tranferable, to be used in 5 consecutive days and expire 12/ 31/06

When speaking to the rep. at Universal she said upon the 1st days use, they do a finger print and that is verified each time you enter the park. Don't know how true this is. We are not going until later this year so I will let you know what their procedure is, unless somebody in the mean time has these tickets (for each adult ticket get 1 child free) and used them.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the number to call for ordering the ticket? I can't use KioskPickup because I am buying the ticket as a gift to my sister and her kids.

frenchieinme

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is how the process goes...

We are presently in Orlando as I am writing this. There really is no need to buy these online before arriving in Orlando if you have access to the internet as I do. Even if you don't you can go to a local internet cafe to do the same.

Weather and not knowing my family's specific theme park needs for their vacation left me with the option of waiting to buy the tickets. I waited till they got here and found out they wanted to go to Universal and the weather was OK. I got online and ordered the tickets. A caveat here. The person buying the tickets using his/her credit card must match the credit card when picking them up. The process is real quick. We did not even print anything out. We jotted down our confirmation number at the kiosk at the entrance, submitted the credit card for reading & verification and VOILA out came our tickets. ANOTHER CAVEAT---there is no mailing/handling charges doing it this way. There are handling charges if they are mailed to you. I WOULD SUGGEST BUYING THEM ONLINE & PICK THEM UP AT THE KIOSK AT UNIVERSAL.

Real neat and simple way to buy these tickets. If you need more information, just post here and I check my emails 2 times per day (did I say I was on vacation????).

In summary, buy these tickets online while here in Orlando and get them at the kiosk at either entrance.

JMHO of course :D

frenchieinme ;)

snowlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
One thing about waiting....this deal won't last forever. Last year they had a similar deal and they stopped it about a week before I decided to purchase. Check Universal's website to see if there is an end date for this promo.

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
frenchieinme said:
ANOTHER CAVEAT---there is no mailing/handling charges doing it this way. There are handling charges if they are mailed to you. I WOULD SUGGEST BUYING THEM ONLINE & PICK THEM UP AT THE KIOSK AT UNIVERSAL.

I just ordered the tickets by phone. There is no handling charges when they mail the ticket to me. I need ticket on hand because I can give my sister the ticket and I will not be there at the same time as my sister. She can't pick up the ticket at Kiosk.

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
happybaby said:
I purchased these tickets a few weeks ago over the phone and had them mailled to me at no extra charge. I did not want to order on line because they had to be picked up at some machine (Keosh (spelling)something like that)

They DO NOT specify adult or child. The ticket says admit one guest. They do, however, specify that they are non-tranferable, to be used in 5 consecutive days and expire 12/ 31/06

On the front of the ticket, it says, ONE GUEST but the back of the ticket, it is for a child or adult ticket.

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Universal ticket

myip said:
On the front of the ticket, it says, ONE GUEST but the back of the ticket, it is for a child or adult ticket.

Where on the back of the ticket does it specify child or adult ticket. I can't see any difference.

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is printed in white on the black line. It says.
Ticket Expires 4 Days after 1st use child or Ticekt Expires 4 days after 1ST USE Adult. On the back, it should also have a bar codes of the tickets.

happybaby

TUG Member
Reaction score
myip said:
It is printed in white on the black line. It says.
Ticket Expires 4 Days after 1st use child or Ticekt Expires 4 days after 1ST USE Adult. On the back, it should also have a bar codes of the tickets.

Mine says ticket expires 4 days after 1st use

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
happybaby said:
Mine says ticket expires 4 days after 1st use

Does it also say "2-Day + 3 DAYS FREE (Adult)/Universal and Island and Citywalk" or "2-Day + 3 Days Free Universal and Island and Citywalk" ?