• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Universal Orlando Announces Phased Reopening Plan

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)

As of right now, we're at Marriott Grande Vista the week of July 4th and we're annual pass members. As long as things keep improving in Florida, count us in.

Family_travel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they let more than a few thousand people in the parks. The spacing is going to be a challenge. Doesn't sound too fun to me.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Nice! I may go mid June. DVC will prob follow close behind

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I agree. Looks like Passholders at the major parks will be the first ones in. I suspect it's not only because they paid the bucks, but they are the most loyal and tend to play by the rules.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My wife and I went out earlier and wore our face masks. We only went to three places and only got out of the car at one; Walmart. After we were done, she was saying how wearing the mask was not fun or comfortable and didn't think she would be willing to wear one if mandated just to go to the parks. We have Silver Annual Passes, but may end up seeking a refund from when the parks shut down. Probably a little less than half the price we paid. We would then have to forego the discount on renewal but would sign up again when things got back to normal, even if it is a couple years from now. We shall see.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I went out earlier and wore our face masks. We only went to three places and only got out of the car at one; Walmart. After we were done, she was saying how wearing the mask was not fun or comfortable and didn't think she would be willing to wear one if mandated just to go to the parks. We have Silver Annual Passes, but may end up seeking a refund from when the parks shut down. Probably a little less than half the price we paid. We would then have to forego the discount on renewal but would sign up again when things got back to normal, even if it is a couple years from now. We shall see.

We are thinking the same thing, take the refund and just repurchase when we are ready but I heard Shanghai is supposedly offering to "freeze" the annual passes... say you only used 6 months before the shutdown... they would say your pass still has 6 months that restart/reactivate on your next visit... That is worth considering as long as you can reactivate a year or two later.... I haven't been able to find out if Shanghai is putting a time limit on this.

Other note: I can't even imagine August in Florida, wearing facemasks....

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We got our annual pass last October, went to 3 parks, then my wife found out she needed her bladder removed. Had to cancel our Candlelight Processional plans, and our Flower and Garden, now this Corona closure. Disney asked us if we want the discount with normal expiration or extend the expiration based on how long the park is closed. When my wife told them her story, they said they would look into just refunding us the whole amount. Unfortunately, the people who can make that decision are all laid off.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

PeterS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I misread another post about Shanghai reactivating passes.... it actually said not until they are at full capacity... I thought it was on next visit...
On the Shanghai site it has the same options as WDW, you can just get it extended by the length of the shutdown or keep the same expiration date and get a refund for the lost time. I couldn't find the part of not reactivating until full capacity but when I called Disney about how the refund would work, they said, they have no formal procedures yet because they can't set an amount until the parks reopen and they know the exact amount of time the park is closed. Another reason they may not be getting back to people because the "outage time" is still unknown.
We shall see how this plays out....

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We are going to just take the extension, but we usually don't go during busy times. So I think those few months will be wasted, anyway. We usually go in May, however. We were supposed to go 5/17-5/30. We would be there right now. We usually do very short days, mostly mornings, stay until 1-2 PM, then leave to get meals. That makes the AP's very valuable to us because we can go every day, get in some exercise, ride a few things, see a show or two, then go back to the AC at the Marriott after a nice lunch somewhere. We rarely eat in the parks. We take snacks and water/ sodas in the cooler. Rick always takes too much soda. He carries the cooler, not me. :)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I had a feeling it would be pass holders only. I may just fly down and put my pass to good use.