• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Units requests at WKORV via an II exchange?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
For those of you who have exchanged into WKORV using II, have you had any luck with unit requests, or building requests? Who do you contact, and when?

We have an exchange in April and I was wondering who to call to put in a building request. Thanks for any help.

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at WKORV this past October, via an II exchange. I am not sure what is considered an upgrade. Our room was located on the second floor, over looking the pool, right in the center. We were happy with the room location, since it was not parking lot view.

We called Concierge at the hotel, Starwood owner services, and our sales guide. Plus, when we checked in we asked.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi Denise - II doesn't get involved with requests. You need to call owner services and say that you are an owner visiting on a II exchange, and then put in your request. There are no guarantees, but it can't hurt. I'd call the resort a couple weeks before and make sure they have your request, too.

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great advice! Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised :). I will definitely call all of them and put in our requests. Thanks!

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I've done a lot of exchanges with II and the thing I do that has worked for me is not to request anything. I'm always pleasantly surprised in what I get. Granted they are all Marriott exchanges but we only got a bad unit once at NCV and we've stayed there twice. Other than that all of our units have been great. In fact when I did the internal exchange to WPORV this past summer I did not request a room and we got a great view. Not the best view but good considering we were not owners. I just don't like to be set up for disappointment so, I don't expect much! I'm the same way with DCV. I've never requested a room there either.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
The can tell you with three past II exchanges into WKORV and a rental week, that all requests really depend on the level of occupancy. If you are going during Spring Break and there is a high level of occupancy, especiall of owners you may not get your request. If it is a slow week then maybe. Just konw the property is beautiful and even if you have an island view the mountains are beautiful and since construction is done it should be quiet. Enjoy!

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've done a lot of exchanges with II and the thing I do that has worked for me is not to request anything. I'm always pleasantly surprised in what I get. Granted they are all Marriott exchanges but we only got a bad unit once at NCV and we've stayed there twice. Other than that all of our units have been great. In fact when I did the internal exchange to WPORV this past summer I did not request a room and we got a great view. Not the best view but good considering we were not owners. I just don't like to be set up for disappointment so, I don't expect much! I'm the same way with DCV. I've never requested a room there either.

It would be nice to be pleasantly surprised :) . I am just happy to have my very first II exchange after thinking I would never ever use II. So we'll see and report back in April :whoopie: .