• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

UNITED and AMERICAN AIRLINES FACE MASKS

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! American isn't messing around - they say everyone over 2 years old and NO EXEMPTIONS, as well as being banned from flying with the airline in the future. Since they are our primary airline, this makes me happy although I don't see us traveling for awhile yet. I'm glad to see airlines are taking a stance.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
No exceptions so we can pack you like sardines. We took an American flight in June. Fully loaded when most airlines were leaving the middle seat open.

Not impressed.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
While I applaud the airlines taking measures to secure passenger safety, I wonder about the results. For instance, I don’t see any airline reducing capacity by 1/3 (eliminating the center seat) without increasing fares by 1/3, making that $300 fare $400.
requiring masks will undoubtedly tick off people, but if every airline does it, the majority will complain, but go right back to flying the cheapest airline once things are back to “normal”, so flying full but requiring masks may be the most economical way forward at this time.
For those who want more distance, the options would be to fly first class or buy the center seat and leave it empty, assuming that’s an option.
We have 3 flights booked on SWA’s, Delta and American.We booked first class on AA because they tend to REALLY cram passengers together. Of course first class isn’t available on SWA and first class was completely booked on Delta by the time it was obvious this would continue to be a problem.
For the foreseeable future, we’ll likely cut back on air travel as much as can be allowed, but we’ll still likely need to fly, at a minimum, one time per year, probably two. There’s not a lot within driving distance for our March/April vacation and December would be really difficult as we enjoy warm weather climates to cold mountain tops.

Last edited:

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
No exceptions so we can pack you like sardines. We took an American flight in June. Fully loaded when most airlines were leaving the middle seat open.

My Son just flew American Sacremento-DFW. He said plane was almost 100% full and middle seats were occupied...

George

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
American and United airlines have been filling up planes for quite a while. Delta and Southwest have been flying at around 60% full maximum for a while. I have flown twice in this period and have been very aware of the change in attitude on the part of the airlines as it relates to face coverings and enforcement over the last several months. The attitude and rules have gotten stricter towards wearing a mask and keeping it on for the whole flight. Much like the rules for masks have gotten stricter around the country.

Delta apparently turned back a flight recently from Detroit to Atlanta because two people took their masks off once the plane was airborne and would not put them back on. They figured that Delta would not go to the trouble and expense of turning back and landing. They were wrong.

Delta flights are far more expensive than United or American. I read an article that Delta is appealing to the customer that will pay for the extra space and feeling of safety. They are especially targeting the Business Flyer that has to travel and is on a corporate ticket.

We as flyers get to make our own decisions about what we feel comfortable doing and what we will pay for this experience.