• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ugh - more 2 factor identification

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
c0e657b2-6074-44ae-bec5-9cbac3f7dc75.png
Dear Disney Vacation Club® Member,

At Disney Vacation Club, protecting your online account security is important to us.

Beginning on November 16, Disney Vacation Club will require a two-factor verification process in order for Members to access their Membership accounts on DisneyVacationClub.com. In addition to a strong password, two-factor verification is another preventive measure to stop unauthorized access to your accounts. When logging on to the Disney Vacation ClubMembership site, Members will be prompted to verify their identity via an access code that will be sent to the email address or mobile phone number associated with their Disney OneID account.

In order to receive the code, Members will need to have access to the email account or mobile phone with a U.S. area code listed in their Disney OneID account profile, by the effective date of November 16.

To learn more about two-factor verification and how to update your Disney OneID profile, please visit www.disneyvacationclub.com.

We appreciate your understanding as we continue to make online security a priority.

Sincerely,
Disney Vacation Club

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just got that email as well. I don't think Disney will mess it up as badly as Wyndham did. Wyndham's IT people should all be fired.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got that email as well. I don't think Disney will mess it up as badly as Wyndham did. Wyndham's IT people should all be fired.

I think this is gonna be a huge problem for those that look for hard to get reservations…and especially difficult with trying for select events that set up multiple devices for virtual queueing

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received email.

Hopefully it won't be something else for Disney IT to mess up.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
What I don’t like is that 2FI will be required for every log in, meaning (I assume) we won’t be allowed to “trust” any of our devices. I don’t log into my account every day, but there are sometimes when I log in more than once on a single day, so I’ll have to decide whether keeping the window open is worth it vs. having to authenticate my login again.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
What I don’t like is that 2FI will be required for every log in, meaning (I assume) we won’t be allowed to “trust” any of our devices. I don’t log into my account every day, but there are sometimes when I log in more than once on a single day, so I’ll have to decide whether keeping the window open is worth it vs. having to authenticate my login again.

while I am not active on my DVC account daily I do use other aspects of the Disney One ID ( which I hate)
How this will effect Genie+ Das and anything else connected to the Disney One id/password setup is yet to be seen -

How this will effect Genie+ Das and anything else connected to the Disney One id/password setup is yet to be seen -

if anyone is there next week would love to know if it crossed all platforms…

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
LOL — DVC is going back to the “old way” of logging in. That’s because people quickly discovered that you didn’t have to enter your real password - anything, even a single X, in the PW box would trigger the 2FA message to be sent. Then people started having worse problems, such as the text message coming 10 hours later or not at all. So this morning I received an email that said, in part,

“During this transition, we learned that one aspect of the process was not working the way we originally intended. Therefore, we have made the decision to revert to the previous login process, and plan to implement additional enhancements in the coming months.”

They didn’t even thank us for doing the testing for them!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just got that email as well. I had no idea there were problems with it because it was working for me to log into Disney.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, received the new email......are we surprised they messed up ;) with IT again.....Not!!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just got that email as well. I had no idea there were problems with it because it was working for me to log into Disney.
It was only for DVC, and it worked for me too - but I didn’t log in every day, and I wasn’t trying to book a high-demand villa that requires being online at the stroke of 8 AM or stalking the website multiple times a day!