• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

U.S. EPA approves use of Lysol Disinfectant Spray against COVID-19

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Well .... we've been using it routinely for several months now. When I was at Costco just as the COVID things were taking off, they were cleaned out off cleaning and disinfection supplies except for some gallon-size containers of Lysol disinfectant. So I grabbed a couple (I could have grabbed more but I didn't want to hoard) and we've been working our way through since.

Without waiting for EPA, it was clear to me that Lysol products would be effective against the novel corona virus. The virus is in the category of "enveloped" viruses, which means the outer layer of the virus is made of a lipid (oily) material. That means it repels water and salts, but can be dissolved by oils and by anything that cuts grease or oil. So that means that something such as bleach is going to be less effective (because the lipid layer will repel the aqueous bleach solution), but soaps and detergents should be highly effective. So that means Lysol should be pretty effective.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a good time to tell the American public, after we have make run on this product in retail stores; for the passed 120 days. LOL.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Just don't inject it or take it internally. :rolleyes:

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Nothing like the speed and efficiency of the federal government....

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
You rub it all over your body and activate it with UV light from a tanning bed.
<kidding>

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I read this in March 2020. Even if not on the list, 409 multi surface and most lysol have dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorid, which kills Covid.