• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two Silver Lake Resorts in Kissimmee - what are the differences?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
The RCI directory lists Silver Lake Resort #2610 and Silver Lake Resort - Silver Points #6815. The resort website is the same for both. What are the differences between them? When we stayed there before it appeared that there was an older section and a newer one - is that it?

We have a reservation for next November at #2610 in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 6 because the directory says there’s a washer/dryer in the unit (vs. no W/D in the 1 bedroom that sleeps 4, which we had on our previous stay). So I was wondering whether we’ll be in that older section or the newer one and also whether there were significant differences we needed to be aware of.

TIA!

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bumping my own thread because of lack of responses and recent mentions of this resort in this forum. So now I know some of y'all have stayed there - anyone know the answers to my questions?

chad.burrus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The RCI directory lists Silver Lake Resort #2610 and Silver Lake Resort - Silver Points #6815. The resort website is the same for both. What are the differences between them? When we stayed there before it appeared that there was an older section and a newer one - is that it?

We have a reservation for next November at #2610 in a 1 bedroom that sleeps 6 because the directory says there’s a washer/dryer in the unit (vs. no W/D in the 1 bedroom that sleeps 4, which we had on our previous stay). So I was wondering whether we’ll be in that older section or the newer one and also whether there were significant differences we needed to be aware of.

TIA!

You are correct in there is an "older" section and a "newer" section. It all shares one check in desk and is easily walkable between all the pools. The older section (buildings 100-700) do not have elevators in the buildings and is where your room would be. The plus to those buildings are the units are HUGE! We love the units as they are quite spacious. We bunkered down during Hurricane Matthew in a one bedroom that slept 6 and loved it. It has one king bed, a tub I could swim in, and two pull out couches. It has the washer and dryer (but every unit we have ever stayed in has had them, even the one bedroom that sleeps 4, but it was in the new section). Just know if you can't do stairs, to ask for a ground floor. We also prefer building 100 or 700 as it is close to the main pool area.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are correct in there is an "older" section and a "newer" section. It all shares one check in desk and is easily walkable between all the pools. The older section (buildings 100-700) do not have elevators in the buildings and is where your room would be. The plus to those buildings are the units are HUGE! We love the units as they are quite spacious. We bunkered down during Hurricane Matthew in a one bedroom that slept 6 and loved it. It has one king bed, a tub I could swim in, and two pull out couches. It has the washer and dryer (but every unit we have ever stayed in has had them, even the one bedroom that sleeps 4, but it was in the new section). Just know if you can't do stairs, to ask for a ground floor. We also prefer building 100 or 700 as it is close to the main pool area.
Thank you! This is very helpful - especially the tip to ask for a ground-floor unit! I’ll make a note to do that a couple of weeks before we go. Thanks again!

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Thank you! This is very helpful - especially the tip to ask for a ground-floor unit! I’ll make a note to do that a couple of weeks before we go. Thanks again!
Suggestion: I would try to place a request for a ground floor unit now. Then a couple of weeks before travel, you can call for a follow-up of your request. The day before you travel, do one more follow-up call. I know it sounds like a lot of extra time and work. But, its worth it for getting a room you would enjoy. Also, if possible, try to arrive before noon. Do not wait for the regularly scheduled check-in time. The people arriving before noon get better room choices/options. If you arrive early, the check-in desk can see what rooms are available AND what rooms are becoming available based on guests scheduled to check-out. If you want a room that will be available after guests check-out, the front desk can 'assign' that room to you in the system. They will offer to call you when the room is ready. At that point you can go off and start enjoying your vacation and wait for the call. Of course requests are never guaranteed, but the earlier the request is made, the better chance to have your request honored. So far I have been fortunate to have all of my requests honored by being diligent.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Suggestion: I would try to place a request for a ground floor unit now. Then a couple of weeks before travel, you can call for a follow-up of your request. The day before you travel, do one more follow-up call. I know it sounds like a lot of extra time and work. But, its worth it for getting a room you would enjoy. Also, if possible, try to arrive before noon. Do not wait for the regularly scheduled check-in time. The people arriving before noon get better room choices/options. If you arrive early, the check-in desk can see what rooms are available AND what rooms are becoming available based on guests scheduled to check-out. If you want a room that will be available after guests check-out, the front desk can 'assign' that room to you in the system. They will offer to call you when the room is ready. At that point you can go off and start enjoying your vacation and wait for the call. Of course requests are never guaranteed, but the earlier the request is made, the better chance to have your request honored. So far I have been fortunate to have all of my requests honored by being diligent.
Thank you for the very helpful advice!

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Thank you for the very helpful advice!
So did you go? How was it? I am considering Silver Lake in August 2021. Did the older side feel dated? Did you get a ground floor unit as requested? Were you happy with your stay?

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So did you go? How was it? I am considering Silver Lake in August 2021. Did the older side feel dated? Did you get a ground floor unit as requested? Were you happy with your stay?
Yes, we were very happy. As noted above, the unit was huge, and we liked having two couches and four chairs, not to mention the large dining table and six chairs, to sit and read. It looked like the unit had recently been updated — granite countertops, nice appliances, huge walk-in shower and soaking tub in the master bath. We did get a ground floor unit, so no problems bringing luggage in or out. That was especially good because just prior to that trip we signed up for an Owners Locker and were able to place it on a coffee table to pack it for the first time. And of course the commute to WDW parks couldn’t be better, not to mention the options for grocery shopping and eating out. We did snag a Wyndham Bonnet Creek for March, but we agreed that SL will be high on our list for future trips.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Yes, we were very happy. As noted above, the unit was huge, and we liked having two couches and four chairs, not to mention the large dining table and six chairs, to sit and read. It looked like the unit had recently been updated — granite countertops, nice appliances, huge walk-in shower and soaking tub in the master bath. We did get a ground floor unit, so no problems bringing luggage in or out. That was especially good because just prior to that trip we signed up for an Owners Locker and were able to place it on a coffee table to pack it for the first time. And of course the commute to WDW parks couldn’t be better, not to mention the options for grocery shopping and eating out. We did snag a Wyndham Bonnet Creek for March, but we agreed that SL will be high on our list for future trips.
Great!!! Thanks for the quick response. Now if the opportunity to go to Silver Lake presents itself, maybe I will be less hesitant to try it. I have stayed at WBC at least 3 times. I am sure you will enjoy it. Really I can't think of anything to NOT like about Bonnet Creek. I love Buildings 5 and 6 facing the pool/lazy river.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great!!! Thanks for the quick response. Now if the opportunity to go to Silver Lake presents itself, maybe I will be less hesitant to try it. I have stayed at WBC at least 3 times. I am sure you will enjoy it. Really I can't think of anything to NOT like about Bonnet Creek. I love Buildings 5 and 6 facing the pool/lazy river.
We stayed at WBC several years ago with my dad and really liked the location. I just wish the 2nd bedroom had 2 queens instead of doubles because it would be easier to invite another couple to come with us. We’re taking opportunity this visit to eat at multiple restaurants that are new or at least new to us at DS and elsewhere.