• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Two Questions for 2015 Honda CRV owners---MPG, and Vibration

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a new vehicle. My wife owns a 2012 Honda CRV, and I was considering a 2015 CRV.

I heard, then looked it up, that some are reporting vibrations---when stopped, and/or going less than 2000 RPM.

In addition, because of the new transmission, perhaps the vehicle is delivering less gas mileage than expected.

If there are TUGgers that specifically own a Honda 2015 CRV---can you comment on:
1) Vibration (when stopped, or foot on brake, or slow RPM)
2) Gas Mileage

Thanks,
Pat

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The complaints seem to be about the CVT transmission, feeling some vibration feeding back through the brake pedal.

We have a 2007 with 125k miles and its still going strong, was thinking about upgrading but waiting until they iron out this new CVT transmission. I went ahead and spent $800 on a full service, changed all the fluids, new plugs, adjust valves, etc and it runs like a top. 23mpg city, 26 mpg hwy.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

JudyH

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In May 2015 I seriously wanted the 2015 CRV, as I have had two others and loved the car. I wanted the touring model with all the safety features.

When I did my research, I read about the vibration problems on the Honda Owners forum, saw the article in the Washington Post, and saw the sound bite on the Washington DC TV news.

I saw the You Tubes of water bottles shaking when placed on the front seat.

I saw the video from Honda that states they are aware of the issue and are thinking about what to do.....

My dealer acted like he never heard of this.

My sister has the 2015 Honda and has NO problems. Some of them are OK.

I ended up with an Infinity instead.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Honda seems to have issues w/ vibrations. I have a 2010 Pilot, and it has had an annoying slight vibration from day 1 when traveling 42-50 mph. Of course the dealer tried to deny it, then later they tried to blame it on tires. But even after replacing the original tires at 28K (the factory tires were junk!), the vibration still existed.

I had done a bunch of research and some other people had the same issue, and a bunch more people had vibration issues above 65 or so (but not me). I just live with it now (and it really is quite slight).

I was considering the new Pilots, but I'm in no hurry. It is usually best to wait a year or so when a complete redesigned model comes out.

Kurt

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies----I am reading them!!!

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
My dealer acted like he never heard of this.

My sister has the 2015 Honda and has NO problems. Some of them are OK.

I ended up with an Infinity instead.

Just curious what you meant by ..."Some of them are OK."

Pat

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We have owned Hondas for the past 35 years and Currently own a Honda Ridgeline which we love. We have never had an issue with vibrations at all. I have been looking very seriously at the CRV and this is the first time I have heard about any problems.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh---but it may be an issue.

The 2012 is still VERY good---but the changes in 2015 is what I am questioning.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

SunSand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looked closely into the CRV and went with the 2016 Mazda CX5. Very similar in size and performance. Pretty slick suv.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
DS bought a 2015 Honda CRV last month, his own very first car. He also test-drove Toyota Rav4 and Mazda CX5 but felt HONDA CRV is a better fit for him. It has been a little over a month and He is still loving it. I just asked him your questions, and was told that he didn't notice the vibration but gas milage driving mostly local with some highway is about 21 mpg. BTW he bought the AWD.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We have a 2103 CRV and always hear a rear brake pad type noise when driving it (kind of like when the brakes are wet). My husband says it's normal, but I don't get why it makes that noise all the time compared to any other car. We have 11,000 miles on it. We only use it for vacations or weekend travel.

I also have a 2013 Honda Fit. Like it, but it is very tinny. After owning Toyotas in the past (Corolla, Camry, Rav4), I prefer the Toyotas to the Hondas we have.

waffles77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got a 2015 CRV in March.

Dealer said that the models that were manufactured in Canada have the vibration problem. The ones manufactured through the US do not have the vibration issues.

I test drove one from Canada and one from US. Sure enough the one from Canada has the issue.

If you are looking to get one, just ask the dealer where it comes from. If from US, you should be all set.

My MPG is around 29-31 I think.

FWIW, I am really enjoying this car. I used to have an Odyssey which was only driven becasue it is so practical, and am very happy with the CRV now. It has AWD which I am looking forward to this winter when it snows.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Looked closely into the CRV and went with the 2016 Mazda CX5. Very similar in size and performance. Pretty slick suv.

After quite a bit of reading and test driving, I came to the same conclusion. The CX5 has consistent very good reviews.

SunSand

TUG Member
Reaction score
After quite a bit of reading and test driving, I came to the same conclusion. The CX5 has consistent very good reviews.

I really love my CX5. Before purchasing, I looked at the consumer reports videos and articles. They rave about Mazdas reliabitly and styling. Having blind-spot detection and all of the saftey features was the ultimate selling point. Zoom, Zoom :)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I really love my CX5. Before purchasing, I looked at the consumer reports videos and articles. They rave about Mazdas reliabitly and styling. Having blind-spot detection and all of the saftey features was the ultimate selling point. Zoom, Zoom :)

I agree - We looked at the Honda CRV, and the Ford Escape, and the Nissan Rogue, and all the others in this class. I read all the magazine reviews. We bought the CX-5 because it it was the most regularly and highly regarded vehicle in this class. Including the ratings by the crash tests.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Don't know about the crv. It looks nice.

Our first Honda is a 2013 Ridgeline RTL and it drives very car like. Only problem we have so far is a bit of cracking on the stock Michelin tires.

We were thinking about getting a CRV but the incentives from Honda seemed non existent. I guess that is what happens when a car is motor trends suv of the year.:D

Bill

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score

Our first Honda is a 2013 Ridgeline RTL and it drives very car like. Only problem we have so far is a bit of cracking on the stock Michelin tires.

We were thinking about getting a CRV but the incentives from Honda seemed non existent. I guess that is what happens when a car is motor trends suv of the year.:D

Bill

Yeah, I know the CRV has been consistently highly rated---but concerned abut the changes in 2015 to the TRANSMISSION and ENGINE.

....still evaluating/researching................I'll buy something in the upcoming weeks.

Pat

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Bill

I think there is a recall on your Michelin tires for the Honda Ridgeline. Check with the dealer.