• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Twin Cities (MSP) 3-Day Summer Visit, Seeking Ideas

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at taking the family on a short 4-day/3-night surprise visit to the Twin Cities (Minneapolis-St. Paul) next summer and would like some advice from my TUG friends on what to do. For sure, one focus will be the Mall of America (MOA) - we are open to spending a max of up to two days there, if it works out that way. I also wish to get a flavor of the Twin Cities, like St. Paul and/or Minneapolis' downtown(s), and was possibly thinking of doing that the first day we arrived.

Here are some constraints/givens:
- flying into MSP around 230pm
- staying the first night in downtown St. Paul
- spending the last two nights a mile or two from the MSP airport (east of the airport)
- we are trying to utilize public transit, only (no car rental)
- both hotels provide complimentary breakfast, the second also offers complimentary shuttle service to/from MOA and MSP
- departing MSP at 9am (on the 4th day)
- traveling parties have no mobility limitations, but one has severe nut allergies
- we could be packing very light (like backpacks, only) for this trip (could change)

Thanks!

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Just for the record, Mall of America is NOT worth that much time of your schedule.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you already visit?
Oh yes! Totally forgot about this posting because we planned and went on another trip upon returning from MSP/MOA.

We spent our first night at the Hyatt Place St. Paul/Downtown, which was in the restored Custom House. What a treat for the entire family! We visited downtown Minneapolis to wind down the first day, seeing a few sights (First Avenue, Target Center, US Bank Stadium). We did end up spending two days at MOA with the girls taking on the challenge of seeing as much as they could, while the guys just enjoyed being there. Met a few locals - it was nice getting their perspectives.

bbodb1
Just for the record, Mall of America is NOT worth that much time of your schedule.
I would think for first time visitors, about five-seven hours may be good for a non-shopper, and for more serious shoppers, maybe two full days would suffice. For what we were working with, mainly time on the ground and budget, and not knowing the area, the two-day MOA visit fit into our short stay perfectly. If we would have discovered more appealing places to visit/see or things to do during our pre-trip research, we may have contemplated incorporating a few more things onto our itinerary.

Based on what we saw, I would say it would be nice to revisit again sometime in the future, maybe for a couple of days stopover on a East Coast trip. Possibly a few ideas here would help.

Last edited: