• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGGER meet up! Jan 19! Orlando

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This procedure is so you can eat with different people to get to know them. It usually happens that you get to meet everyone then .
I do understand the reason, my post was a joke about the number of trips I would take to the buffet.

Not sure if we will be there this year, I did attend in 2020. We haven't booked any timeshare travel yet for 2022.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
2019 was my first attendance at the M&G in Orlando and enjoyed meeting quite a few of the members. I’ll start to look for someplace that week. Funny, I seem to be finding more reasons to travel and use up those banked points. This is as good as any excuse. I’m really starting to enjoy this retirement gig.

baybee210

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Once again we are planning to host the annual (except last January) TUG get-together at the Golden Corral in Orlando this year in January 19th.

hope you can come!

We will be meeting at the Golden Corral On Vineland for early dinner:
8707 Vineland Avenue
Orlando, FL 32821
At 3 pm.. (they’ve changed the time for dinner.)
Senior cost is $15.99 ( not including drinks.. altho often the waiter will bring drinks later anyway?) and we can stay as late as we wish!!!
looking forward to it!

Ron and Joan
(Timesharing again after the pandemic travel break)
Do I need a reservation?

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dang it! That Monday is a holiday, and our schools are also closed that Tuesday, and I was hoping.....but this is that Wednesday, and both my daughter and I have hard-to-get dental appointments that day. Some day....

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Do I need a reservation?

Nah. Just show up & look around for the TUG crowd gathered in 1 of the big rooms with lots of tables.

It will be great to see you.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Dbostron

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham national harbor, charter club Marco island, massanutten
Mike and Debbie will be there!

Our January 2020 Florida timeshare weeks were very quiet. But, it had a different set of walls to look at and provided a warmer outdoor walks location.

See you 1/19/2022 at 3pm.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Hello everyone! Once again we are planning to host the annual (except last January) TUG get-together at the Golden Corral in Orlando this year in January 19th.

hope you can come!

We will be meeting at the Golden Corral On Vineland for early dinner:
8707 Vineland Avenue
Orlando, FL 32821
At 3 pm.. (they’ve changed the time for dinner.)
Senior cost is $15.99 ( not including drinks.. altho often the waiter will bring drinks later anyway?) and we can stay as late as we wish!!!
looking forward to it!

Ron and Joan
(Timesharing again after the pandemic travel break)
Do you need an RSVP for a head count?

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
I’ve always wanted to attend, now that we live in Sarasota it would be easy. But alas, I am having my much needed hip replacement on 1/12, so 2022 is out but maybe 2023.
Sorry to hear that you need a hip replacement.. all the best to you and we’ll see you next year!

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Thought I’d give this post a bit of a bump by saying I found a week @ VV Parkway so I can attend. I’m thinking an additional week in the Naples area would be nice but not much available. Might have to switch my search to the Atlantic coast.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Thought I’d give this post a bit of a bump by saying I found a week @ VV Parkway so I can attend. I’m thinking an additional week in the Naples area would be nice but not much available. Might have to switch my search to the Atlantic coast.
Glad to hear that and will be good to see you again

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Just thought I would bump this thread by saying I’m looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Looks like there will be some nice weather. Anyone else staying at VV @ Parkway?

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Well, doesn’t look like we’ll make it. :( DH is just finishing up some medical treatments this week that cause him a lot of fatigue, so instead of driving we’re flying, and instead of renting a car we booked a limo service for transport between MCO and the resort. I’m sorry we’ll miss seeing everyone!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, doesn’t look like we’ll make it. :( DH is just finishing up some medical treatments this week that cause him a lot of fatigue, so instead of driving we’re flying, and instead of renting a car we booked a limo service for transport between MCO and the resort. I’m sorry we’ll miss seeing everyone!
Sorry to hear about medical problems - it changes all of our plans, doesn't it?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Just thought I would bump this thread by saying I’m looking forward to seeing everyone next week. Looks like there will be some nice weather. Anyone else staying at VV @ Parkway?
We're eagerly looking forward to the informal & unofficial TUG reunion on Jan. 19. It will be great seeing TUG friends face to face.

We have a Resort Upgrade request in for Vacation Village At Parkway -- not guaranteed, but not out of the question. (If uprgrade does not come through, we'll be at WorldMark Orlando Kingstown Reef -- our 1st time staying there if that's where we end up.)

As it happens, our reservation for the following week is for Vacation Village At Parkway. We have a Unit Upgrade request in for that, which (if it comes through) will get us a 2BR unit instead what we reserved (1BR).

Is this a great country or what ?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I’ve always wanted to attend, now that we live in Sarasota it would be easy. But alas, I am having my much needed hip replacement on 1/12, so 2022 is out but maybe 2023.
Missing TUG get-together, not good.

Getting new hip when original is worn out, very good.

Best wishes for successful outcome & quick recovery.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Missing TUG get-together, not good.

Getting new hip when original is worn out, very good.

Best wishes for successful outcome & quick recovery.

Thank you. Had the surgery this morning and all is great. I’ve been up walking and using the bathroom. Modern medicine is amazing

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Which Golden Corral?

RichardinLakeland

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Richard here. My wife Jalee and I are looking forward to attending. Have it on our calendar.
Since we are in Lakeland, it's not too far.
I use to joke about trying to stay at every resort in Orlando; that was until I found out just how many there are.

Must confess we do not know many of you here on Tug but are looking forward to correcting this.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Looking forward to next week.

Dbostron

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham national harbor, charter club Marco island, massanutten
We've come to a decision and won't be joining you all Weds for food and conversation. The rotten omicron variant wasn't in the mix back in October. While we are in Florida, we won't be spending several hours unmasked and indoors with all you nice folks. We're probably all fully vax but that doesn't seem to make a difference to omicron!

We may see you around if you are out and about at VV@Pkwy.

Maybe next year. Sorry to miss event.
Mike & Debbie