• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tugger klpca Inspired Us-Booked 5 weeks in Hawaii

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm....my understanding here in Texas is that we can get a rapid test done by a CLIA approved lab here. I’ll have to do some additional research to make sure. I have checked to see if we have CVS’ here that can do the required testing and there is so we can go that route and hope for the best. If we don’t have the results back before we arrive we’ll quarantine until we do and are released. I believe that’s an option, right? As long as we have the test no more than 72 hours before we arrive and test negative?

Worst case scenario is we quarantine for 14 days and then have an additional three weeks to enjoy our trip.

How do you know they will accept the rapid test?
My understanding now is that a rapid test is not performed by a CLIA approved lab which is what is required by Hawaii.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve vacationed at Ko Olina several times. We love it there and are excited to get back there again. It will be a somewhat different experience with everything going on but it will still be a wonderful time just to relax.

it seems that several other TUGGERS will be coming in so we can do a small get together hopefully.
See you in October!!

You will enjoy your time here. Great resort and very nice even if you ha e to quarantine. Vol_90 will attest to having a great slquatantine stay here. If you have to quarantine you will probably be on the same floor as we are. We got this unit when we arrived home in July and have stayed put even though our quarantine is over.

Have a safe flight and see you in about a month.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds like fun - not sure if our dates overlap with yours but we are there from 11/15 - 12/13.
Tug meet up! We are there for just a week, starting Saturday after thanksgiving.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
luv_maui, darn we’ll miss you! We leave on the 20th. We have to get back and move out of our apartment otherwise we would have stayed an extra week. Perhaps we’ll meet another time.

Tug meet up! We are there for just a week, starting Saturday after thanksgiving.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
Hmmmm....my understanding here in Texas is that we can get a rapid test done by a CLIA approved lab here. I’ll have to do some additional research to make sure. I have checked to see if we have CVS’ here that can do the required testing and there is so we can go that route and hope for the best. If we don’t have the results back before we arrive we’ll quarantine until we do and are released. I believe that’s an option, right? As long as we have the test no more than 72 hours before we arrive and test negative?

Worst case scenario is we quarantine for 14 days and then have an additional three weeks to enjoy our trip.

I asked because it was my belief that a rapid test wasn’t presently being accepted by Hawaii but things change so fast I can’t keep up with it.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina

This sounds great - we would love to meet up with others.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I asked because it was my belief that a rapid test wasn’t presently being accepted by Hawaii but things change so fast I can’t keep up with it.

My understanding is rapid tests are performed by a machine at the point of collection and that would not be a CLIA approved lab. With this in mind, my definition of rapid test is a test result within 15 minutes of collection. Perhaps some are counting 24 hours as "rapid" which would perhaps allow a CLIA lab to perform the test.